News:

New forum theme! what do you think? Let us know in the General Discussion forum!

Author Topic: Can't see the new sets! Help? :c  (Read 3840 times)

• No avatar
March 07, 2014, 03:41:30 am
None of the new sets are showing up, the deer that are wearing them only show up as blank/white and sometimes invisible. Eeep.

I tried uninstalling ALL of my tef versions as well as wiping out any hidden or lingering TEF related files. I've tried restarting my comp and my wifi, etc. and then reinstalling TEF version 3.41 - Nothing has changed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• No avatar
March 09, 2014, 12:55:36 am
I've also been having this same issue.

Left my deer with the swan antlers, and now they are currently invisible; found out just a few moments ago. Logged in on two separate accounts, and the same issue was found on both. Hopefully there is a solution that can be used :[

• No avatar
March 11, 2014, 05:27:47 pm
I believe it's because you play on an older version, Only new version players see the new stuff. Sadly this will mean if you reinstall a new version you will lose your stored spell data..
Hope this helps

• No avatar
March 12, 2014, 02:45:29 am
As I said in my first post, I play the most current version (and I think Honeyfur does too).

• No avatar
March 12, 2014, 09:05:26 pm
Yes, I also use the latest version, 3.41.

March 13, 2014, 08:34:26 am
How strange! The new sets are downloaded from tale-of-tales.com, which is not the server that the game runs on. Is your computer configured to not allow the game to download things from our server? Maybe this is a firewall issue. Can you see the news in the game options? Does it have the new generation announcement on top?

• No avatar
March 13, 2014, 03:59:36 pm
Thank you for responding, Michael!
I will look into the firewall and make sure that its allowing TEF to update properly. I do indeed see the generation 4 announcement but it seems as if I cannot see the new pictos either in addition to not seeing the new sets, they show up as glowing boxes in game. Its almost like I'm playing in one of the older versions.

Edit:
My firewall is currently set to allow 'Forestviewer.exe'. Is there anything else that it would need to allow?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:19:41 am by sleepything »

March 27, 2014, 04:18:43 pm
The assets are downloaded via HTTP from within the game. Maybe this requires a separate setting in the firewall?

If possible, try playing on somebody else's connection to see if the problem is on your computer or with your internet access.

• No avatar
March 30, 2014, 01:00:48 am
The other computers in my house run the game perfectly fine so I'm thinking it must something in my own that is causing this issue.

April 02, 2014, 01:31:16 pm
Good to hear! Thanks.

Please do let us know if you figure out what the difference is.

• No avatar
April 06, 2014, 03:06:47 am
Can't seem to figure out or find what the difference is.
But for some reason I still see candles in my game, does that mean anything?

• No avatar
April 08, 2014, 02:52:22 am
I've been seeing candles as well every time I log on. Could it have anything to do with the connection to the server perhaps? I'm not quite sure about that assumption though since the game tells me I'm fully connected (green icon at the bottom and all).

• No avatar
April 20, 2014, 05:13:52 pm
Still having this issue too.
Last night (April 19th) during the twilight weather, the candles disappeared and for some reason I was able to see all the new pictos and sets! I thought perhaps something had fixed itself with the weather change.

However, in the morning, everything went back to the way it was and I am once again unable to see new pictos and sets again.