News:

New forum theme! what do you think? Let us know in the General Discussion forum!

Author Topic: Next TEF phase/update...  (Read 3125 times)

• No avatar
March 05, 2015, 12:41:17 am
Anybody have any information?  Insight?  Rumors...?    :-\

March 07, 2015, 09:40:18 am
Well, I haven't heard of anything, but that's probably because I've been away for some time, without internet!

I would say that if there is anything on it's way, they'll either announce it on the community site (like they did with the new pelts, etc),  it will be downloaded automagically while you're playing in the forest, or both!

I shouldn't go expecting anything just yet, as I'm sure they'll be busy working on their new game. :)

September 19, 2015, 08:44:12 pm
I actually heard that they were going to continue with TEF since they've stopped making games like the path and so on. They were considering on either making a phase 4 or completely revamping the game in a new engine.
 :D I hope it happens soon

September 20, 2015, 08:17:30 pm
"Now that Tale of Tales has moved away from commercial games, we want to devote more attention to The Endless Forest again. What better time than the ten year anniversary to start thinking about Phase Four of the project!

We will submit a request for funding Phase Four with the Flanders Audiovisual Fundís new game fund next month. If we get the grant, which we should know by February 2016, we will run a crowdsourcing campaign to collect the remainder of the budget, as the new fund only funds up to 50% of production costs. We hope you will all help raise awareness and support the game if and when that happens.

The idea is that The Endless Forest remains free to play for everyone. So we need money to pay for the server. And we want to expand the game once again. We want to increase the size of the forest, add new narrative elements, new deer sets, new actions, and so on.

We also want to make the game more robust so we donít have to be so secretive about it for fear too many players will show up. This will require a complete overhaul of the software, most probably rebuilding the entire game in a new engine, hopefully with the help of an experienced programmer. And while weíre doing that, we will do our utmost to support Mac OS too (and maybe Linux).

Revamped software would also mean that we can organize Abiogenesis events regularly again without the risk of crashing everybodyís computers!

We hope you are all as excited as we are about Phase Four. Touch wood that we get the subsidy, and that the crowdsourcing campaign succeeds!

See you in the Forest!

óAuriea Harvey & MichaŽl Samyn."

- http://taleoftales.tumblr.com/post/128776140152/ten-years-ago-today-on-10-september-2005-the