News:

New forum theme! what do you think? Let us know in the General Discussion forum!

Author Topic: TEF is dead?  (Read 2997 times)

• No avatar
July 05, 2015, 09:44:22 pm
Dear Michael,
I came back after few years to play TEF and I've seen its almost dead now. I thought no one plays it but today I've seen like 20 deers online :D I read the forums and I know rhat Servers need to be donated to keep this game alive.
What about refreshing this beautiful game and save it by adding new features, activities and selling it on steam? Or free download but donate for volounteers? Making it more popular could save it.
Making more new activities like gathering something to grow. To level from fawn to amaizing deer. Then from deer to elder deer. To gather forest fruits to have rare beautiful pelts :) or gather a lot of different forest mashrooms, plants, flowers to offer it then to the gods and gather special points to have rare masks, or change into animals. Many wonderful and new ideas, more emotions, new masks and pelts, maybe new gender? Like deer and deer buck.
It would be awesome to have day and night in a game which would work according to server time. Also random changing weather. How about extending forest? Make it larger, make more places to discover and interact with. Maybe brighter and darker side of forest.
I hope you want to save it and u havent forget about The Endless Forest.

It would be awesome to see it active, lively and popular again :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:47:32 pm by Rayra »

• No avatar
July 15, 2015, 02:59:51 am
Quite frankly, this game is beautiful and unique, if my memory serves me well. (About to start playing again.) I think that youtube videos (such as The Endless Forest: Voice) could boost community response and help get people interested in playing. A way to get ideas forward could be one of those systems (I don't know the name of the service if it is one) where you get 3 votes a day and can vote on ideas put forward, and put your own forward to be voted on. Another idea to keep people on might be adding some achievements, but I think that could go against the idea of the game...
One more idea might be expanding on the lore of the game, and adding some animals that roam around as well. Seeing a squirrel dash in to steal nuts and some birds singing in the trees could be fun!
All in all, I would love to see this thing revived well and proper, since it's a fun and unique game! More community involvement could improve the state of the game and provide a platform through The Endless Forest to get a lot of creative ideas and theories out there.

• No avatar
August 08, 2015, 10:38:03 am
I couldn't help but be drawn back into TEF late one night due to extreme nostalgia. So I downloaded it (after being absent for a few years). There's nothing quite like feeling as if I've gone back in time. I hope to make new friends/see old friends.

- Bellamy/Cyric

• No avatar
August 10, 2015, 08:46:41 am
I am a brand new player myself and found quite a few other people frolicking about in the evening.  Not too sure how many players the game had during its heyday, but the 20 or so on last night were more than enough to interact with. Was quite an interesting experience compared to other games I've played. Still trying to figure out all the commands/etiquette, but so far it has been quite a pleasant experience.

October 18, 2015, 06:09:50 pm
I agree! Collecting mushrooms or collecting maybe certain stones/crystals for certain pelts/antlers and more emotions and actions would make this game even more fun! I would love to see more places to interact with. Maybe even new plants to eat to give you new spells? :D

October 22, 2015, 07:16:47 pm
That would be a great idea! Hopefully Micheal will consider it, or even see it at all. I think he's busy with other tale of tale games, but you can never be sure. :-X