News:

New forum theme! what do you think? Let us know in the General Discussion forum!

Author Topic: Screensaver not working  (Read 1756 times)

• No avatar
November 09, 2014, 04:39:57 pm
Hello,

The TEF readme file says that for the screensaver to work it must be installed in  "C:\Program Files\Tale of Tales\The Endless Forest 3".

I recently got a new computer with 64 bit Windows 7, and it installs TEF in "C:\Program Files(x86)\Tale of Tales\The Endless Forest 3".   Because of this the there is a 'can not find' error when you try to select TEF as the screensaver.

Does anybody know a workaround, either how to get Windows 7 64 bit to install TEF to the 'Program Files' directory (no option for where to install comes up during installation) or get the screensaver program to recognize it's actual location?  Thanks!

November 22, 2014, 06:12:58 am
Copy and paste. Literally. When I first installed TEF I couldn't get the screensaver working. So I did some digging and in a nutshell I had to copy and paste the entire file for TEF from the programs folder where it installs to the other program folder. I'm definitely awful at explaining things so if I make absolutely no sense, a similar topic has either been posted before in this forum or on the original forum.

• No avatar
November 26, 2014, 12:29:05 am
It works!  Sort of...

I moved the whole folder, which still generated errors.  I then edited the registry for everything that came up on a search for 'Tale of Tales' to reflect the new location.  Still got the errors.  I then COPIED the folder from the Program Files folder back to the old location.  Then everything began working.

This presents obvious loose ends for uninstalling, but I don't plan in uninstalling unless an update comes out, so I'll just deal with it then.   Thanks so much!!!  :)