top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  The graze action.

Do you want this in-game?

Yes, please!  
100%
  [ 40 ]  100%

I'd live without it, I don't mind.  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 40
Who?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 Posts: 12 Location: Hm... under your bed? N'ah, I'm in Ireland.
I was thinking a graze action for TEF would be great. It would be like the 'listen' emote (clicking it to start, when you want to stop you could press it again), your deer would lower its head and graze, maybe raising his/her head sometimes or doing a little action just to make him/her more animated. What do you all think? Wink

Here's a little image to see what it might look like:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2235/2399962654_a7eacd7a38_o.jpg
jnts732
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2011 Posts: 23 Location: Amugst the Blue Berries
YAh that would be cool! and like a real deer it would slowly make its way forward or around because real deer don't stay in one spot to graze they step forward after every mouth full Very Happy
ravyn
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I would like a grazing action also.
I imagine it to look similar to eating a pine cone, just available everywhere else.
Kagami-hané
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
A good idea, I like this one aswell Smile
LynnaWaters
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I actually just signed up with the forums to post my idea, and seeing as this idea wa part of it i'll just post here Smile

I was thinking that we could have special places for drinking and grazing, the pond is already there, so i thnk maybe near the pond could be just a wide area of fresh green grass. Aswell as the "need" for the deer to eat and drink. Like the menu bar (where you click to show and hide it), it turns yellow and red, well I was thinking, maybe you could split that bar in half and then have to the right of it red when your deer needs drink adn the other half red when it needs food. So that way, deer will come and gather at the grazing fields and the water pond, causing more social interaction. Also, maybe there should be something that doesn't work out so well anymore without the food and drink, like I'd imagine a deer on an empty stomach would have trouble carrying their magical appearance around, aswell as having trouble casting magic on others.

Oh yes, about the grazing action: It shouldn't be available everywhere. You are also not eating every rubbish that coems on your plate, so I think same counts for deer. Hence why it should only be available on the extra yummy grasses.. You find them sometimes in a tiny ray of sunlight in the forest, but that's rare. Hence why the grassfields would be an excellent place to hang out for filling the belly:)
misschevious
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Sep 2012 Posts: 5 Location: Somewhere in the rain.. With death..
Laughing i wish we did have the grazing action. it would be a fun thing to do when your deer is bored. And it would make everything more realistic than it is now. Wink
Comen
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
You know I think this idea is great, but I also like the idea of it not being everywhere. But there already IS ways for a deer to graze in the game. There's grass in the water, just hit the drink button and it looks like your deer is eating the water grass. And the mushroom trees, you dont have to cast a spell every time you eat it, just nibble for a few moments and then move to some pinecones. Again, don't cast any spells, just enjoy munching on the food already in the forest.
misschevious
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I have been doing that for soo long.. I really like the thought of eating water grass though.. Unfortunately my char is a carnivore. Beware critters
^,.....,^
Comen
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote
I do like the idea of animals gathering together to graze though, I'd love to see herds in the forest. Ive already noticed a select few, but most are pretty mean to newcomers and don't let them join >.>...
Light of Evenstar
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
But would it actually do anything?
Comen
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
You mean grazing? Nope probably not. But, nothing in the game actually does anything, besides eating the mushrooms and pinecones (sometimes eggs). Drinking sure doesn't do anything, but you see deer there at all times of the day drinkin, dont ya?
misschevious
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
^^ Let's just hope M & A will be doing something like this to make the game more 'realistic'.

I agree with the herds. I myself have tried to be friendly towards them only to find rejection. But if we were a bit more easy going..