top_image

<  Forest Tips and Cheats  ~  Questions about Pictograms.

PartyAnimals
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
It's possible M &A will allow pictogram adoptions in the future, if we ever have a registration gap again like we did with transitioning between generations.

I think they disapproved of it this time because there's no actual need for adopting pictograms at the moment; most people just wanted them out of vanity Razz
Tsophie
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Jan 2007 Posts: 56 Location: Reading University, Berkshire UK
Jay, I received precisely the same email, and am now replaying the endless forest!

I was slightly feeling guilty that maybe people couldn't play because of that, but on understanding it's just an aesthetics thing, I feel a lot better about KEEPING mine. Even though it's not that brilliant.

People with multiple accounts I feel are a little selfish anyway... I mean two maybe, but why do you need two 'yous?' who knows.
Raz
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
TEF has changed from deer being "yous" to deer being actual characters. So it's not being selfish, they're just different pictos for different characters.

People still have "yous" but call them "OOC deer".

I think the majority of TEF is now made up of OC deer than OOC. The TEF of years ago is incredibly different to what it is today D:
Soreiyu
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
It's true that a lot of the older ones do seem more visually pleasing, but I was still able to find something decent enough. I'm a little sad that I did not join when I first heard of this a few years ago, but whatever. It can't really be helped. lol
nueve
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Jinx!

I was rummaging through my old email a few weeks ago, and came across a message from someone asking for my precious pictogram. Of course, typical of me; I had completely forgotten about this game...

Well, I have returned now : )
Rixinshi
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to pull up this topic again but I just got the same message as the above users from an account named Janet.

Quote:
This is clearly only if this Pictogram (' http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest/register/pictogram.php?username=Rixinshi&bgcolor=0F2435 ') is yours, if not im truely sorry for bothering you

"Hi, I know you don't know me or anything, but I promise you this is in no way meant to be a harassing or threatening e-mail. I was politely wondering if you still play the game 'The Endless Forest' where you have an account registered. The reason I am asking this is because there is a slight request on the Endless Forest Community site for first generation pictograms, and if you no longer play TEF, you could pass along your account to someone who would love to have the pictogram and account. You do not have to respond to this message, but if you would be willing to 'donate' your account, I can promise you someone will be very happy. I would love to have your gen 1 pictogram so it wont go to waste, but this is purely your choice. Thank you for your time. "

My response was
Quote:
Sorry, I do still play now and then. I rather like my pictogram as well. To be honest the way that message is phrased doesn't come off very friendly at all. It's rather like when people say "No offense" the content to follow typically is offensive.

I haven't seen any indication on the forums that people are after older pictograms and even if they are it's unlikely that someone is going to want to give up an account that they created.

I admit, I do not like the implication that you're suggesting that I do not appreciate nor 'love' my own account and pictogram and that somehow you or another person will appreciate it more. After all, you clearly don't appreciate your own pictogram because it isn't 'older' so why should you have any more appreciation for one that someone else selected when they made their account? :p

I'd suggest just learning to be grateful for what you have. Smile

Though after searching on the forum to see if anyone else had similar e-mails sent to them I realized that there 'was' a sort of demand for 1st gens but that it isn't exactly encouraged or supported by the creators and honestly that's the way it should be imo. I'd never give up my pictogram, it's my only identity on this game D:

Is there someone i should report this to since it seems to be the same person who has sent out these pms already and is obviously one they just copy/paste and fill the pictogram link in for?
Raz
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, report them to Michael, send him a PM with this stuff.

Because yeah, M and A have specifically said that they don't want people doing it.

Here's the post: http://endlessforest.org/community/please-stop-pictogram-adoptions
Scape
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Before you do anything, look at the date they sent the email. If it's from before that post by M&A, it's not worth reporting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rixinshi
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
Scape wrote:
Before you do anything, look at the date they sent the email. If it's from before that post by M&A, it's not worth reporting.

I did. They sent it yesterday November 08, 2011 so yea. I'll be sure to report them.
Kalira
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Aug 2007 Posts: 264 Location: munching on flowers
I got that PM from Janet today, too. Actually made me reinstall the game and start playing again.

My sitting rabbit picto, mine. *clutches*
Raz
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if it's worth reporting that incident too?
...I guess it is, if more people report then something will be done about it faster?
Kalira
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
Raz wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if it's worth reporting that incident too?
...I guess it is, if more people report then something will be done about it faster?

It was word for word the same PM, so I suspect she may have spammed it. It's been long enough since I've been around that I can't for the life of me remember how to report a PM, though.
Raz
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote
Pretty much just send Michael a PM on here explaining the situation/how this person is breaching the rule about picto adopting and mentioning the email/PM that you were sent.

Or you could try emailing them, but I'd have no clue which one they'd check more.
Kalira
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote
Haha, that should have been obvious. Done.

And taking a closer look, see how she put the PM in quotation marks? I definitely believe she spammed it to several people.
whetstone
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote
been meaning to reinstall anyway.

so nice to get her polite, in no way offensive or threatening reminder to do so.

Evil or Very Mad