top_image

<  Forest Tips and Cheats  ~  Questions about Pictograms.

sonnenstrahl
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:28 am Reply with quote
I got an email asking about my deer's pictogram today. I've always liked Sonnenstrahl's pictogram, plus I only have one deer, so no way do I want to give up my account.

Here is the adoption link I found when checking out the person that was requesting pictos:
http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7911&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It looks like the gen 1 pictograms are hot items these days. Reminds me of the pokemon craze, gotta get em all. Most of these people have a herd of deer already.

Well, I guess, anything that generates interest in the game is a good thing. I haven't played it for awhile and am on a new pc so downloaded it and played today. Beautiful as always.
Razaera
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 am Reply with quote
I got one of these PMs too. Which totally reminds me that I'd like to reinstall the game as soon as I can get a PC back into the house... or until they come up with a version for Mac, whichever comes first. I'm sorry, but I love my symbol. ^^;;

/edit: Actually my pictogram doesn't even look... that awesome anyway. At least I think so, in comparison to others. But I still like it, sorta.
Raz
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
I wonder if it's one person begging or multiple people?
Jay
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote
MY PICTOGRAM!
Raz
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 am Reply with quote
..okay? |D;
Jay
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Haha.

Pictogram Begger wrote:
This is clearly only if this Pictogram (' http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest/register/pictogram.php?username=Jay&bgcolor=0F2435 ') is yours, if not im truely sorry for bothering you

"Hi, I know you don't know me or anything, but I promise you this is in no way meant to be a harassing or threatening e-mail. I was politely wondering if you still play the game 'The Endless Forest' where you have an account registered. The reason I am asking this is because there is a slight request on the Endless Forest Community site for first generation pictograms, and if you no longer play TEF, you could pass along your account to someone who would love to have the pictogram and account. You do not have to respond to this message, but if you would be willing to 'donate' your account, I can promise you someone will be very happy. I would love to have your gen 1 pictogram so it wont go to waste, but this is purely your choice. Thank you for your time. "

I wrote:
Yup, that's my anchor alright...You'll never have it though. Not over my dead body. And if you think you can threaten or otherwise coerce me into handing it over so you can exploit it for your own selfish desires then think again, I'd sooner cut off my right arm before handing over my precious pictogram to the likes of you!

Pictogram Begger wrote:
Oh no you got it all wrong or you just read my message allwrong which was to polite and kind to be which you are talking about. There was no mean of threatening or anything nor for selfishnish so read again or just think again before you start being over rude or just being a ass cuase i wasent. Aswell it sayed it was purelly your choice and i was gonna respect your discicion. You couldve just said no instead of being an ass. Anyways thank you for your time.

Evil or Very Mad
Raz
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
PFF |D

I think people are forgetting that with a picto comes identity. That picto is unique for said character.

For example, if someone else had Draak's picto..or Ren's. Ren's is a better example, he's incredibly infamous. People would assume the deer with that picto is Ren. Not the new owner's deer. Inforest they'd be recieved as Ren, other deer would react as if that deer were Ren. (Ren's a butthead of a deer, he's not the least bit nice, viscious, and has a short temper. Also drama, but I won't get into that.)

TL;DR: Mistaken identities.
QuadRaptor
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote
---

Last edited by QuadRaptor on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raz
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
It looks like M and A don't like it either: http://endlessforest.org/community/please-stop-pictogram-adoptions

I guess if anyone gets another email you can link them to that |D
Sluggs
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
I guess I had better remove Jen's thread...
vala
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Aug 2006 Posts: 1864 Location: Around the forest ,where the fun is
No one will ever have my picto, Its mine.....ITS MINE.....(maybe they doesn't like it , fine because ITS MINE!!!!)
Away
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
A very kind user gave away her Gen1 pictogram to me. I didn't beg though. Does that still make me guilty? I hope not - I would hate to be causing trouble.

I can't believe someone called you an ass for not giving your picto away... lame!
Raz
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
*highfives Vala* 8D

Away wrote:
A very kind user gave away her Gen1 pictogram to me. I didn't beg though. Does that still make me guilty? I hope not - I would hate to be causing trouble.

Yes and no. If it was before the announcement I think it's ok, because no one knew that it was against what M and A wanted.

I think you'll be ok though, I doubt people are going to hunt down those who have adopted pictos in the past.

What's done is done I guess :B
Away
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Okay. Thanks! =)
Lacie
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
You know, Jay, that person did ask you in a polite manner. You could have responded back in a polite manner instead of jumping the gun. ;/

I got my first Gen pictos because I asked for one, and quite hesitantly and politely. I'm quite happy with what I have. It's a bit of a shame that adoptions can't continue anymore.

Though, to be honest, I don't see the problem with looking up pictograms and E-mailing the person in question. It's a simple question with a simple response. And if the person being asked decides to pick up the game again, good for them. I don't like how some people are being rude about it (/hugs Quad/), but again, I don't see how it's that big of an issue.