top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  From Dust

Redkora
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
Here: http://fromdustgame.com/

I'm really excited about getting a giant sandbox with little people in it to play with. I just hope it's not a huge disappointment the way Black & White 2 and Spore were. I love god games, but companies always manage to ruin them with the constraints of gaming conventions and dumbing down the experience.

Here is another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOQGazo7Oo
Michael
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
I'm very much looking forward to this as well!
Redkora
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
EDIT on 27/7/2011: The PSN version will be out in September, and Ubisoft has updated the From Dust page to indicate that it will be available on the PC in August.

This game has been getting good overall reviews. The main problems seem to be villager path finding and issues with the controls, but other than that, people are really liking this game. There is also a sandbox level at the end of the campaign.

When I finally get it, I'll see for myself. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

- - -
Well, if you were looking forward to playing this tomorrow on the PC, you will have to wait until August 17. They notified the likes of Joystiq a mere two days before the original release date and didn't change the release date on their website until today. No Ps3 release date has been given as of yet.

They won't give a reason for the delay. People have sent e-mails to get an explanation but Ubisoft claims they can not give the reason "due to many circumstances."

Apparently it will be released closed to games such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and many are worried that From Dust will be lost in the, well, dust.

I'm a little miffed with Ubisoft for doing this on such short notice, but I'm willing to wait and buy the game. I hope Eric Chahi gets his fair share...I'm just sick of the PC community getting the shaft because of the fear of piracy.

If you have an Xbox, you can still get it tomorrow.
Ravenflight
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote
This looks very interesting! Thankyou for sharing this, I needed something new to play Smile
atomtengeralattjaro
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
the game really sounds interesting, but i would wait with buying the pc version.