top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  The Endless Forest version 3.4 released

Onyxsoulclaw
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Scape wrote:
Onyxsoulclaw wrote:
It just feels more restrictive as if i get a mask and get spamed before i can save it then snezze i i get a defult mask which mean starting all over again.

You have spell-stacking until you save your set. Meaning, if you get another mask cast over the one you want before you save it, just sneeze back to the one you want.

Um I dont.... If i snezze off a mask it goes straight back to the defult one with nothing behind it. Is that wrong then?? I guess I just prefer being able to change when ever i want and not have to beg and stuff, I feel a nusance asking for spamming. and lqatley it's been really hard getting anyone to help without having to ask in the forum..
Scape
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
If you've closed the game after someone has cast on you, the appearance you have is saved. If that's what you're doing, that's why you get something default when you sneeze.
I'm not sure what else it could be.
Just be sure you click on "load appearance" in the menu to restore the set you saved before you close so you won't need to get spammed the next time you play.
This feature is mainly for people who have multiple accounts, to be able to switch between them without needing to restart TEF to get their appearance back every time. If you only have one deer, though, sticking with 3.31 is understandable. It still works, after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Onyxsoulclaw
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
After some serious thought i'm gonna stick with 3.31. Theres more freedom like you can be a mini and go to the drinkiy pants and turn back without losing the spell in the new version I found I had to sneeze it off. The save system failed for me so when i fell in the pond I could not get anything but defult. So I guess I will sacrifice the chance to see an abories. I also like beging able to load saved spell data and change how i look when i like instead of only being able to hold one set. Take care .
rice
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering how users with the new version have Halloween masks/sets? Are you able to get them now by lying on a sleeping deer/eating mushrooms/etc like other sets, or do they still have to be cast on you? Just wondering because I see users in the current Abo with them. Smile
Terabetha
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Hey Rice,
The Halloween set (zombie pelt, big red zombie antlers, and the skull mask) can only be collected around Halloween from the Giant Zombie Deer. These players have likely saved these items from last Halloween, like I did. To get them yourself on the new version you will have to wait til next Halloween.
rice
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh okay. Thanks! Smile
Anny
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 7 Location: Teh Interenet, Italy.
I haven't been active in the community, but I started playing in 2006, and have been checking on ever since.
Great job on keeping the The Endless Forest alive and improving! Smile
Michael
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Wish we could do more.
Topknot
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Has the frame rate issue been resolved or should I just stick to an older version for now? Right now my laptop, an Acer, Windows 7, 219 BG, is only able to manage about 3 FPS and I don't want it to drop even more. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToT
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
Try both! Smile

But such a low framerate makes me wonder about your computer. What videocard is in it?
Topknot
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quote
According to the website it has a ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToT
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
I see. That card is not for games.
(second number needs to be 6 or more)
StarBright
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too sure if it's been talked about but I'm curious to know for myself.
In the older version I get about 18 frames and it runs smoothly. However in the new version, I do still get 18 frames, but it jerks. Like the game freezes for a second then works again, freezes, works, freezes etc. It does this for the full time I play it and it's the only thing stopping me from using version 3.4
I was wondering if there's anyway I could perhaps fix it or if anyone else has this problem.

I have an Acer Aspire 5552
- AMD Phenom II X3 N830 processor 2.10 GHz
- Video Card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Sorry if it's been asked already. |D
Frith
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Look up, TOT just stated not 5 hours before you asked that that exact video card is insufficient for video games (which is what The Endless Forest is). The new version might be ever so slightly more demanding on your video card, a card that wasn't meant to be up to the job in the first place. 8^)
StarBright
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Frith wrote:
Look up, TOT just stated not 5 hours before you asked that that exact video card is insufficient for video games (which is what The Endless Forest is). The new version might be ever so slightly more demanding on your video card, a card that wasn't meant to be up to the job in the first place. 8^)

I know.
They were reffering to their framerate though. I'm unsure if it would be the same for the game freezing. My problem is different from theirs, even if our videocards are the same, I'm still curious.