top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  The Endless Forest version 3.4 released

Scape
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
I don't even know where to look for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sluggs
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote
Start/Run

Type dxdiag click no when the first window pops up, then when the DirectX Diagonostic tool comes up, select the sound tab.

The sound device will be displayed at the top. It will look something like this...

Name: Realtek AC97 Audio

On the right, you can see the date of the driver. Check to see if there's a driver later than the one you have installed.

Realtek drivers
Scape
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:47 am Reply with quote
Sigmatel Audio
They don't seem to have a website. And the website for my computer manufacturer doesn't have a driver newer than the one I currently have.

I have no sound issues with anything else - just the music in version 3.4. (I just tested 3.31 to confirm this.) The music in the beta versions gave me no issues either - it was just really loud and the volume couldn't be lowered.
I wonder if something else could be causing my problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ourania
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Most of the time when errors like that pop up it means you're missing a file somewhere. I'd try another clean install.
Scape
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I did.
I'm thinking of even doing a system restore to before my first install and seeing if that works.

EDIT: No change. I'm at a loss. =/
Harlequinn
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
my computer had a virus. and i couldnt sign in with the family account , so i had to sign in as a guest, and then i downloaded the game and it worked just fine. (weird cause i always got the errors and no connection)
then when i could get back on my normal account i downloaded it again and it worked just fine 0_0...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Michael
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Jen wrote:
Will the ticket system be explained in full detail? I am curious about how this will work, and how the tickets will be divided

Everyone who has logged in with the new version now has a ticket slot in the data base. This ticket slot can contain a code. If it contains the correct code for a festival going on at that moment, the player will be transferred to another server when logging in.

We still need to experiment with the system a bit. But I imagine we will come up with all sorts of different ways of handing out tickets, in an attempt to offer everybody a chance at attending an Abiogenesis festival.
Michael
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Scape wrote:
A problem to report that I am facing in version 3.4:
I have no music.

Yes! I have seen this same problem on one of our computers.

Is your operating system Windows XP Service Pack 2?
Because that's the OS on the machine here with the problems.

Computers with SP3 don't have this problem.

Please confirm.
Scape
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

As of this time, I still have no music. I don't think I could even hear the ambient noise from the Old Oak. (Will confirm this.)

EDIT: No Old Oak sound confirmed.
Sluggs
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 am Reply with quote
I have Windows XP with SP2 and I can hear the sound just fine! Smile

Using dxdiag...

Realtek AC97 Audio (5.10.0000.6300)
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

PS. My computer is a self-built desktop PC, not a laptop, if that makes any difference!
Freyja
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote
I posted earlier and I still have that same problem, but I noticed that i'm also missing my music. No wonder I couldn't hear the zombie music!

I have Windows XP
Direct X 9.0c
And Realtek Audio of some sort....?
Scape
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
As of this time, I still have no music. Laughing
kasiawar98
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I thank cordially Surprised Surprised
Onyxsoulclaw
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I was able to fix the error thing by finding everysingle TOT file and deleting it then downloading the game fresh and no errors appeared. Hope this helps. It was a little tricky finding them all.

One Question will we be able to store and load our own spell data in the future like the old version. It would be great if we could . Im finding very fustrating when trying to get a set as it's taking 10 mins plus to get one mask, where as before i was able to just snezzees off saved data to what i wanted to look like. If not no worries. (I have 21mb stored spell data on my drive with nearly every set in it)
It just feels more restrictive as if i get a mask and get spamed before i can save it then snezze i i get a defult mask which mean starting all over again.

I still love the game but due to this i fear i may end up sticking with the older version. Take care and all the best for the futre.
Scape
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
Onyxsoulclaw wrote:
It just feels more restrictive as if i get a mask and get spamed before i can save it then snezze i i get a defult mask which mean starting all over again.

You have spell-stacking until you save your set. Meaning, if you get another mask cast over the one you want before you save it, just sneeze back to the one you want.