top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Almost there: beta 10 of version 3.4 available for testing

ToT
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
Please download, (clean) install and test the new beta version of version 3.4 of The Endless Forest.

Thanks to Act-3D, the dialog window problem should be resolved.
And all other bugs.
(except for a minor one)

Exclamation There is another new feature in this update that we haven't mentioned before. We would like to test this now. This feature requires that we make a small change to your account on the server. So if you would like to participate in the test, send an email with your username and password to reception [at] tale-of-tales [dot] com. But before you do, make sure you have logged in at least once with that account using version 3.4!

Thank you for helping us test this and making the game experience more fluent for everybody!

Last edited by ToT on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Seed
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 502 Location: In UR Brainz, bee'n a deerz
*is slightly nervous about this mysterious test*
Well... I probably should. But if this melts my account or something, I will be mighty upset about all this.
ToT
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The test only requires a small addition to your account's place in the database. It does not remove or replace anything. And the effect of the test will only last as long as the test. If you get sick of it before that, you can always simply uninstall the beta and play with the current version 3.31.
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2010 Posts: 288 Location: Russia. Russia. Error.
I really hope this works -crosses fingers-

Okay, nothing changes. I'm really sorry guys. I don't think it's compatible with my comp. Thank you for giving me aa game I could enjoy while it lasted. But, There are stiil no bottom buttons. Everything else is wonderful. But, there are absolutely no bottom buttons. I can't play until it's fixed. It may be my comp, but... I have no clue. I am terribly dorry for wasting your time. There is nothing i can do at this point anymore. I am un-installing TEF from my comp. Thank fo the fun, while it lasted!
ToT
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Can you post a screenshot?
Scape
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Fiddlesticks, do you have two buttons on your action strip with a little yellow triangle on the bottom of them? Clicking those opens sets of buttons, blue and orange. Those buttons don't show any other way, I think to prevent the bottom of the screen from being too crowded all the time.
If this isn't the problem, then I don't know what else it could be.
A screenshot would really help to figure this out though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
Scape wrote:
Fiddlesticks, do you have two buttons on your action strip with a little yellow triangle on the bottom of them? Clicking those opens sets of buttons, blue and orange. Those buttons don't show any other way, I think to prevent the bottom of the screen from being too crowded all the time.
If this isn't the problem, then I don't know what else it could be.
A screenshot would really help to figure this out though.

No, it's not that issue. It's that all the main buttons don't show up. I am going to try installing this on my other account,I have a feeling it may work... If it does, I'll just.. have to see...
Seed
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 502 Location: In UR Brainz, bee'n a deerz
ToT wrote:
The test only requires a small addition to your account's place in the database. It does not remove or replace anything. And the effect of the test will only last as long as the test. If you get sick of it before that, you can always simply uninstall the beta and play with the current version 3.31.

Well, I haven't noticed anything different when I log in or out of that account, so...I guess it's not bugged? Unless it is. Should I be looking for something in particular?
tullow
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote
When I'm zoomed in fully and I use the listen button, some pictograms stray from the sides and float on screen. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, if it hasn't I can post a screenshot.
I'm also pretty sure I've seen nameless running around with my picto too, and I've definitely been connected properly when I've seen them.
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:45 am Reply with quote
tullow wrote:
When I'm zoomed in fully and I use the listen button, some pictograms stray from the sides and float on screen. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, if it hasn't I can post a screenshot.
I'm also pretty sure I've seen nameless running around with my picto too, and I've definitely been connected properly when I've seen them.

Yes, they should stray away, when you listen, or get close to another deer. They pop out, to show you they are there. :3
Seele
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Hello there!
Downloaded the newest Beta, and I seem to have encountered something I thought might be worth mentioning.

Now I don't know what the minor glitch is that you haven't solved yet, but one thing I found is that I can't connect using the "connect" option in the menu. I have to click "Connect automaticly' on, otherwise it won't connect. Now I'm one of those people who always connect manually, and it's not such a big problem at all, but I thought let's mention it.

Though, the deer-appereance saving works amazing and I want to thank you for your great job on this game <3 Thank you!
fortwolifetimes
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote
tullow wrote:

Yes, this is happening to me right now. There are two of the Me's right here, I am getting screenshots of them right now.

The real me has flowers on her head!

edited
mkay. The Me's are running around the forest. I logged out then back in, and they changed where they were, and there was an ADULT me by the twin gods... though as I found it it disappeared. I have been chasing another Fawn me around for a little bit, and it is actually coercing others in to playing with it.... and it is also bleating and playing with me! So confusing.

again edited
Adult me was spotted again, so it keeps disappearing and reappearing.

Last edited by fortwolifetimes on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
boomco
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote
There are a lot of deer I can see running around with my pictogram again. I've restarted my computer and still nothing's worked... unless everyone else is getting this too? :l

It might be a nameless but I can also see one deer running around with Michael's pictogram too, who is clearly a nameless.
Seele
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I sort of found the same issue as Boomco.

To me it looked like all the nameless had my own picto now, instead of the glitch we had last time, where they would all carry Michael's picto. I don't see Michael-nameless around anymore, just deer with my pictogram. It's confusing but it's a change.
tullow
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I know they pop out a bit, but... This far? It looks a bit strange. XD;

I also got a shot of myself with a nameless that had my picto. Button in the bottom left corner is green, and on the connection page it says I'm successfully connected.