top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Please beta-test The Endless Forest 3.4

Verdalas
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Muffin wrote:
ToT wrote:
What videocard do you have?

Well I'm not entirely sure. But my game has always ran slow. I have an windows XP if that helps :/

To find out, go to the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Display

Then click on the settings tab and it should say what graphics card you have below the picture of the two monitors.
ToT
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
Verycrazygirl wrote:

This pops up before I open the forest. All I do is press okay and it continues.

This should work.
Can you check if this file is present in your TEF folder? It's extension is dle.
Ourania
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Actually some things were missing in-game when you just press OK to continue. I THINK it was getting spells (eating pine cones, mushrooms, etc).
ShadowsVoided
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote
Question Ahm... I would like to help test, being a new fawn to this forest, but it is slightly difficult when there is no file to be had?
Anduin
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote
ShadowsVoided wrote:
Question Ahm... I would like to help test, being a new fawn to this forest, but it is slightly difficult when there is no file to be had?

This is an old thread. Go here instead. Razz
Harlequinn
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote
[quote="ToT"]
Verycrazygirl wrote:

This pops up before I open the forest. All I do is press okay and it continues.

that happens to me also.. i can see everyone but it says something went wrong when i try to log in and i cant get/cast spells. &when i disconnect and try to reconnect i cant. i've installed over the old one, uninstalled-reinstalled, and ran as an administrater. :B
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Epscylon
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I seem to have an issue with pictogram "clumping," as other users seem to have dubbed it.
I had minor issues with clumping in 3.31, but every time I log in in 3.4, along the very bottom is my pictogram in bright yellow, with faded out ones joining it sporadically. I haven't been testing the beta long enough to know if the problem always corrects itself, or if it takes longer to sort out if there are more users online. It might just be my bad connection.

As for other issues, the save/load appearance function seems to work alright, but occasionally when I try to load an appearance it says "LOAD previous deer appearance: Ready." If that happens, I just press the load button again until it loads properly. I haven't had an instance where it wouldn't load after a few tries.

Also, a completely different question, but when I try to use the url to display your pictogram, it won't stop changing. I've heard this happens sometimes when you use certain browsers to register. Is there anyway I can fix this without re-registering?
Raz
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
Epscylon wrote:
I seem to have an issue with pictogram "clumping," as other users seem to have dubbed it.
I had minor issues with clumping in 3.31, but every time I log in in 3.4, along the very bottom is my pictogram in bright yellow, with faded out ones joining it sporadically. I haven't been testing the beta long enough to know if the problem always corrects itself, or if it takes longer to sort out if there are more users online. It might just be my bad connection.

I think picto clumps have been with the game for ages, I've had them ever since I started playing. It's not the Beta causing it. I think it has to do with the amount on, your internet connection and the distance away from the TEF servers themselves.
Picto clumps go away most of the time if you disconnect/reconnect.
Redkora
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:20 am Reply with quote
ToT wrote:
eternalslumber wrote:
Will the halloween sets be available again after the official release of Version 3.4?

Yes. On Halloween.

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Twisted Evil

EDIT: Durr, hur, I didn't realize that this was an old thread. Disregard!

*half asleep Redkora is half asleep*