<  Endless Forest News  ~  Please beta-test The Endless Forest 3.4

ToT
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
Ok. Thanks for trying.
ToT
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for pointing out the sound issues. This is caused by our transition away from the Bass sound system, in favour of Quest3D's new sound systems. But I see there's some tweaking to do here and there. Please continue to point out where the errors happen and describe how things are wrong.
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
EDIT: Wait, resolved.

Is it intentional that players cannot save the Devout or Crying Idol pelt?

Another update: I had a shapeshift spell cast on me and I was able to save and load it whilst still in game. After restarting the game I lost the save and it seems my deer set before the shapeshift was saved instead.
Sluggs
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
If you pray at the Twin Gods and get the Devout pelt, then load in your saved set, you're left with an unlimited supply of Devout spells!
Seed
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 502 Location: In UR Brainz, bee'n a deerz
I would like to report one happy change in the way the game works for me: before, I could minamize my window, but the moment I tried to get back in, or click the little thing at the bottom, it would stop working. This is, of course, a common problem.
I am pleased to announce that, at least for me (windows Vista) this appears to be no longer the case!

Also, this makes Seed's sleeping spot of "under the bridge," and one of his favorite hobbies of Water-Walking 100 times more fun, since I don't have to restart my game or wait for help if I make a wrong step. I consider this pretty awesome!
ToT
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
Is it intentional that players cannot save the Devout or Crying Idol pelt?

Yep. Those are special.
Ourania
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
Verycrazygirl wrote:

This pops up before I open the forest. All I do is press okay and it continues.

When TEF is on the background, not all sounds play; just the sounds deer avatars make and the background bird songs and the like. I can't hear the rain or all the background sounds.

~ Very Happy

More!
Dance music is under no sound catagory and starts and ends very abruptedly. It also sounds like many many deer dancing even if you're alone.

I use Windows 7. ^^

I had this happen on version 3.31 and all I did was install TEF over it and it worked. Not uninstall/reinstall but just install again.
eternalslumber
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote
Will the halloween sets be available again after the official release of Version 3.4?
ToT
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
eternalslumber wrote:
Will the halloween sets be available again after the official release of Version 3.4?

Yes. On Halloween.
Muffin
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I think this may just be my doggy computer but...

When I pressed 'Esc' the game froze and went white. This happened quite a few times to me too :o
xFlowerChan
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Except from these Errors that after it the game starts working (im using Windows XP pro) ,the beta is fine..
btw i've never heard the music when i danced by myself or with others in the 3.31 version ,why? O:

but that's not about the beta.. so lets go to the beta!
The option of Load and Save sets is brill!
1.I played around anoyying people to understand that i want them to cast spells on me (XD) and got Pelt ,Antler and Mask i logged off and logged in ,Saved ^^
2.Also the loading is working!

Now i really want to talk about the Set thingy Neutral
Because when i tried to load my deer set it loaded the set with the spells i had before.. but not the one i wanted.. i tried by myself (without Spell Saver) and same.. but my deer have items from Halloween :<
So that abit bugging me.. because that way i can't really play without the set ,If you can do that we'll be able to load spell date like in version 3.31 ,it could be nice :]

*Edit*
About the minimize ,it crush the game ,but if i just click on the internet without minimize and go back it'll work fine! ^w^
ToT
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
When you mess with the game files, or use Spell Saver or whatever, your beta tests are useless and anything you report will be ignored.
ToT
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Muffin wrote:
I think this may just be my doggy computer but...

When I pressed 'Esc' the game froze and went white. This happened quite a few times to me too Surprised

What videocard do you have?
Dag
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
xFlowerChan wrote:

Now i really want to talk about the Set thingy Neutral
Because when i tried to load my deer set it loaded the set with the spells i had before.. but not the one i wanted.. i tried by myself (without Spell Saver) and same.. but my deer have items from Halloween :<
So that abit bugging me.. because that way i can't really play without the set ,If you can do that we'll be able to load spell date like in version 3.31 ,it could be nice :]

*Edit*
About the minimize ,it crush the game ,but if i just click on the internet without minimize and go back it'll work fine! ^w^

The whole point of sets being stored server-side with your account information is so that users cannot collect spelldata to copy and paste as they please, and to stop people from hex editing the files.
To get the halloween set you want, you'll have to wait until halloween to get it with this version when it is released like everyone else with halloween data will have to do (:
But that is not to say that you have to get this version when it is released if you feel that strongly about keeping your data. You'll still be able to play 3.31 to keep your data in the meantime, so don't worry too much (;

The purpose of releasing a beta version is so users can test it as it is (ie, not messing with its internals), and report problems and glitches with the software so they can be fixed. Copy and pasting spelldatas won't work because it's all server-side now, so there's no use in trying (:
Muffin
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
ToT wrote:
What videocard do you have?

Well I'm not entirely sure. But my game has always ran slow. I have an windows XP if that helps :/