top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Abiogenesis Previsions?

Do you agree with the making of an Abiogenesis sporadic "calendar" topic?

Yes, it's a great idea!  
41%
  [ 7 ]  41%

Only sometimes, when there's going to be a REALLY important happening.  
35%
  [ 6 ]  35%

No, I want them to be surprise!  
23%
  [ 4 ]  23%

Total Votes : 17
EternalWanderer
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Jun 2010 Posts: 31 Location: 5th Circle of Hell, -666th floor, 13th torture chamber, left cell
I was wondering, would it be possible to have a topic warning about the date of a few Abiogenesis performances? For some sort of bad luck I only watched small changes (floating kois, thunder strikes, swarms of ladybugs and frogs emiting from the ground...) I always seem to arrive one moment too late or too soon. Sad Once I arrived, and it was still night in the forest. Another time, I had to leave right when the mushrooms started growing.

I really appreciate the surprise element of these shows but I just have a really bad luck and I doubt I will be able to watch a complete Abio very soon. So, what if Michael and Auriea posted here and there the time at which an Abiogenesis of major importance might occur?

Please, even if you don't post your opinion, leave your vote. Maybe we can persuade ToT if the votation is sucessful. Twisted Evil
Or maybe not. Up to you.
Scape
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
I doubt they will, since last time they gave only a day's warning, so many deer showed up that the server crashed before the Gods could get there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raz
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
|D I live in Australia and have the worst timezone clash when it comes to these...

But yeah I doubt they'll do that for the reason Pega gave.

Though it would be interesting if they experimented with the time length...say with half a days notice...or a quarter to even a few hours heads up to see how that'd go.
EternalWanderer
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Jun 2010 Posts: 31 Location: 5th Circle of Hell, -666th floor, 13th torture chamber, left cell
Raz wrote:
|D I live in Australia and have the worst timezone clash when it comes to these... (...)
Though it would be interesting if they experimented with the time length...say with half a days notice...or a quarter to even a few hours heads up to see how that'd go.

That's what I personally thought.

I don't agree that they should post huge bold red warnings everywhere, lag would completly ruin the display, but if they left a small insinuation around, just once in a month or two... Embarassed Just to test.

And specially for the timezone victims. When they perform an Abio when more people from, taking the example, Australia are active, and not the usual countries, that's when they should give them the chance, since they'd probably be expecting for the Abiogen to be centred for the usual timezones.

Anyway, the poll is staying there for 3 months. Even if it doesn't catch M&A attention , I'm curious about the results we might get.
Cool
Raz
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
EternalWanderer wrote:

And specially for the timezone victims. When they perform an Abio when more people from, taking the example, Australia are active, and not the usual countries, that's when they should give them the chance, since they'd probably be expecting for the Abiogen to be centred for the usual timezones.

I'd love this, and would really like this to happen. But sadly you have to keep in mind that M and A also have lives outside of TEF and they may not be able to have an Abio that's at a good time for us just due to life getting in the way.

Though there was that Day of the Dead abio ages ago that was at 8pm for me which was awesome. I can't remember what time that would have been for them however.
Scape
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
I think that DotD one was at 5am for me. |D; So that would be...10 or 11am for M & A?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jen
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:50 am Reply with quote
It's a difficult situation for them. The games popularity has ruined big, announced abio performances. The game was never meant to hold that many people at once. I do admit it would be nice to know when they since I have become less active and miss them all, but at the same time I know it's not a viable option!