top_image

<  Forest Tips and Cheats  ~  Instant-sleep?

nine
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote
I've seen a few deer do it- sit down and instantly fall asleep without disappearing. How?
Millie_
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote
hmm..Never seen that Shocked i have seen deer that did like that but they disappear
Scape
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
If you leave your deer idle while it's standing for 5 minutes, it will fall asleep. Sitting not required. =]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nine
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Scape wrote:
If you leave your deer idle while it's standing for 5 minutes, it will fall asleep. Sitting not required. =]

I know this, but I'm talking.. standing one minute, sleeping the next, and up and about in a moment's notice.

I think I remember seeing Ephire do it to help me get pelt spells, but I can't be sure..
Scape
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
O.o I'm not sure that's even possible. o.O

...gah, now I'm wondering if there's a way to glitch that. XD;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nine
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Scape wrote:
O.o I'm not sure that's even possible. o.O

...gah, now I'm wondering if there's a way to glitch that. XD;

I KNOW it's possible. I've seen it with my own eyes sfjfd skjd
Twenty-One
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2006 Posts: 579 Location: My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer
That's bizarre. Are you sure they weren't disconnecting and reconnecting really quick? If you crash your game your deer won't disappear right away, and if you open the game again quickly enough you may reconnect just as your crashed self is disappearing so it gives the appearance of you having instantly fallen asleep.
nine
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Twenty-One wrote:
That's bizarre. Are you sure they weren't disconnecting and reconnecting really quick? If you crash your game your deer won't disappear right away, and if you open the game again quickly enough you may reconnect just as your crashed self is disappearing so it gives the appearance of you having instantly fallen asleep.

I honestly can't be sure. I've seen one do it several times in succession for the purpose of helping me acquire pelt spells to cast. That's why I'm asking, it has me utterly baffled. Embarassed
Raz
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
I've done it before, but by accident O_o but I'm still not sure how I've even done it.

I think it might have something to do with disconnecting and reconnecting. It usually happens when I do that. It happened with Cirrus a few days ago, I made her walk after pictos had spread, then she suddenly flopped down asleep and I could sleep slide with her. It may have something to do with standing while disconnecting.

This wouldn't be Sluggs's doing would it? XDDDD
gglidden
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I've seen this happen all the time. Thing is, if you stand at a certain from a deer or a group of deer, it LOOKS like they fell asleep instantly when in fact, they just sat down. When you approach them, you will notice they are sitting, not sleeping.
nine
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote
gglidden wrote:
I've seen this happen all the time. Thing is, if you stand at a certain from a deer or a group of deer, it LOOKS like they fell asleep instantly when in fact, they just sat down. When you approach them, you will notice they are sitting, not sleeping.

That's not it.

I've seen Ephire do it.. I think Virgil may have done it before.. or Baal.. I can't be sure.
gglidden
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm.....how strange.
Raz
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
They arent disconnecting/reconnecting or anything are they? And their internet is just that damn good the reconnection + picto spread is instantaneous...
Wetterhound
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Posts: 114 Location: United States of America
Wait, so we're talking about suddenly sitting and falling asleep without disappearing? Hmm. The only thing I can think of that's even remotely close to that is once I had Rain walking around on my laptop (which as very good internet connection) and on my PC (slower internet) I had Basil up and because the internet was slow, Basil was walking, but to Rain, it looked like he was sit-sliding. It wasn't permenant. I dunno if that helps anyone. xD Sorry.
WolfHeart88
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Dec 2009 Posts: 109 Location: Hunting for souls in the Graveyard.
I know what it is..... ive done it..... I will tell you all the secret... if you reveal a secret worth it.... (I like secrets) Wink