top_image

<  Fatale  ~  Odd ending...?

Lumino
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
Ok, so I bought Fatale and planned to play through it this evening and post a full review...I'm just brimming with opinions and things to say, but I think I might have missed part of the game?

Don't read on if you haven't played yet.

I saw that there are three phases described in the controls screen, the Cistern, the Terrace, and the Sunlight. I played through the Cistern, then I snuffed out a bunch of lights in the Terrace, and daybreak dawned. Then my view turned to the moon and zoomed in on it. The screen was all white as I heard highway sounds, and a "Quit" option appeared. What happened to the Sunlight phase? And I never saw the beautiful dance that was described on your website...

Have I missed something?
Emriss
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
Whether or not you witness the Dance is reflective of the narrative: do you accept Salome, or spurn her? Those who enjoyed it, who want to re-experience it, will be rewarded with the Dance when they return. Those who didn't will delete the game or just let it sit, and they'll never see the final phase.

In simple words: you have to reload the game to see the Dance.
Lumino
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 am Reply with quote
Thanks, I understand now. I was planning on replaying the game a few times but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something first. The dance was wonderful.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
The same thing happened to me, except when I try to reload the game I just get a Windows error. I think my antivirus might be doing something to it; the first time I tried to reload the game my antivirus flagged it, so I set Fatale as a windows system application (this usually lets programmes run without obstruction). Tried to reopen the game and get "Fatale.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

It's very depressing and makes me sad. Sad

(Also, omygod this place has changed so much. Nostalgia!)
Michael
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Welcome back, Wildbluesun! Smile

Sorry to hear about the crashes. What operating system are you using?
Wildbluesun
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I won't be around for long, unfortunately - I go back to school the day after tomorrow (erk =/). It's good to see you again though. Smile

Windows XP. I hae a firewall up called Comodo Firewall Pro but it usually lets stuff through if I pick "windows system application".