top_image

<  Suggestions  ~  Tale of Tales suggestion for a future game

shojakka
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Nov 2009 Posts: 148 Location: RI, USA (teehee, acronyms)
I recently played The Path and found it extremely fun! I thought that the fairytale theme added a lot of enjoyment to the game. I just wanted to suggest for a possible upcoming game by Tale of Tales to maybe stick to the fairytale theme and possibly use another fairytale such as Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, Rumplestilstsken, The Little Mermaid some story of that sort! I believe it could be very useful to use a fairytale as a base for an upcoming game, especially a horror game! Simply a suggestion to A and M!
EvilSeedlet
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
If I remember correctly what was supposed to be the over all theme of ToT games, the on-hold project 8 is based on sleeping beauty. But I have to agree, it's a great idea and I would like to see more games strongly based on fairy tales and fables and the like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taurus82
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Nov 2009 Posts: 5 Location: Purple Armchair, Hoveton, England, United Kingdom, Earth-2
I would love to see an adventure game adaptation of The Wonderful World of Oz, even more so if it were released PlayStation 3.
Michael
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Yes, we do want to make more games based on fairy tales. And we will. Surprised
shojakka
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quote
Next game should focus on the fairy tale of snow white, I'd like to see how ToT interprets that story.
Michael
Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Yes, it's one of my favourites, too. Hopefully we'll get around to doing something with it. We also have ideas for Hansl and Gretl and for Cinderella.

And I'd really love to do something with The Little Mermaid -even though, strictly speaking, it's not a fairy tale. It's such a sad and beautiful story.

But the first one will be Sleeping Beauty, as we're going back to the world of 8. At least to make a prototype for a new game based on it.
shojakka
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
Michael wrote:
Yes, it's one of my favourites, too. Hopefully we'll get around to doing something with it. We also have ideas for Hansl and Gretl and for Cinderella.

And I'd really love to do something with The Little Mermaid -even though, strictly speaking, it's not a fairy tale. It's such a sad and beautiful story.

But the first one will be Sleeping Beauty, as we're going back to the world of 8. At least to make a prototype for a new game based on it.

Woot! *anticipation*
Crimson_red
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2009 Posts: 2 Location: in the belly of a giant gator
I love to see a game based off Hansel and Gretal and if you need extra siblings call them Hans and Gretchen
shojakka
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
hm, a game revolving around the story the little mermaid would be very interesting and new, for i have yet to see a game where you play as a mermaid/siren (of course not including aquaria)
chris_lanotte
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
If you do make a Hansel and Gretl game, call it something like "Breadcrumbs" because they drop them to find their way home, or something like that.
Viking
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote
shojakka wrote:
hm, a game revolving around the story the little mermaid would be very interesting and new, for i have yet to see a game where you play as a mermaid/siren (of course not including aquaria)

What about the Little Mermaid world in Kingdom Hearts? Wink
shojakka
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
shojakka wrote:

What about the Little Mermaid world in Kingdom Hearts? Wink

but that's... umm... well it's kinda liike... DISTRACTION *flails arms*
Azelas
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
Actually, I was thinking about a game for ToT, or at least one I thought would suit your tastes Smile

Its not much really, its not even really a game, just an image i had in my head, that reminded me of ToT

an old woman walking through the forest, wrapped in shawls and scarves and on her back is the worn red cape (actually now that i say it it reminds me little red riding hood and the path). as she walks, the cape, rather than draggin on the ground, gets longer and longer and longer, until you can look back and see this red carpet like trail through the trees. Kinda like the guy with the string when he went looking for the minotaur.

anywho, just a nice image i thought Smile
Eskarina
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if you were considering ever doing Beauty and the Beast? I could see you guys interpreting it so wonderfully, and its almost as dark a story as Little Red Riding hood.
Could do some wonderful effects with the magic mirrors and the Beast's castle, trapped between summer and winter, the roses that are the reason for Belle's imprisonment, the idea of a father 'selling' his daughter. (using various interpretations here, haha)

^^; sorry, its one of my favourites and after playing the Path I would so dearly love to see you guy's interpretation of the story.
Spleen
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Nov 2010 Posts: 18 Location: On my own path through a endless forest of wandering.
@Eskarina, I'd love too to play a game on Beauty and the Beast.

And I thought a game based on the novel of Alice in Wonderland, even if there's already games interpreting the "dark side" of the story - like Alice: Madness Return, coming in the end of the year on PS3 -, nobody tried to make the story in the cat's life no? I'm sure you guys could make some crazy stuff about it!