top_image

<  Suggestions  ~  Mini chat in the Comunity

Paralda
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Speaking a little in TEF Community.. we thought about the idea of a mini chat or a shoutbox.

some plp from TEF thinking:

Ashdrau
YES. So we wouldn't need to spam the diary page with our useless randomness stuff. 8D

Fledermaus
xD I'd spend even more time here xDDD

XxBlackSoulXx
that would be awesomeness

what do M&A think about this? :3
Michael
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Hm. I'm not sure. The community is already quite "sensitive". Isn't such real time communicatiion very risky?
Liëka
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so, I actually think it would make things a lot easier. I'm in full support of this idea; I think TEF needs a chatroom or a shoutbox like that, because at the moment people have to make an iScribble account. Laughing
Terabetha
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I would LOVE a chat box, perhaps with an option to view or not view it? That way people distracted or annoyed by it can minimize it while other users could use it to announce when they are sending a deer into the forest (instead of updates spamming the diaries page! Very Happy).
Onyxsoulclaw
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm with Michael on this I'm not keen on the idea.(I respect the idea of better communication and stuff by all means). We still have a few um... shall i say.... less polite people who think abusive language is fine for all to hear. and that their opinion is the only one that counts ectetc..

The last thing people want to see is a blow up in the communite on real time. The site needs to encourage people and a badly filled shoutbox or chat room will scare them off. It won't be a good impression for new be's or parants checking out the site.
I know most of us are very well behaved, but i don't think it's worth the risk. It would then need moderators and that brings even more hassel and problems. feel free to throw things at me. but anyway take care and happy galloping.
Liëka
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Onyxsoulclaw wrote:
We still have a few um... shall i say.... less polite people who think abusive language is fine for all to hear. and that their opinion is the only one that counts ectetc..

R-Really? ....I must've missed them. ;.;
makeshifter
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
wait what? i missed a chance to horribly humiliate/castrate the self esteem of someone who insulted the community? I DEMAND A REFUND! SHOW ME THIS PERSON!
Onyxsoulclaw
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:19 am Reply with quote
I'm keeping quiet and not naming names (that's to childish even for me) But Makeshifters little jokey (i hope) reply is how Some people in the comunitee feel for real. So there would be risks of a massive flame war if we had a mini chat thingy.

Because there are quite a few of us and we all have diffenert views on subjects we are all bound to clash on something. I.E .....
"your deer ignored me"
"no it did not"
"liar"
"insert insult here"
"same to you to"
.....And so it would go on......

I noticed 3 people at least leave the game last week mostly because of clashes of opinion in the forum.
I don't think anyone would want anymore to leave. Hence my feeling's against the idea. I know most people are well behaved and consider others but is it worth the risk? why should the game it'self suffer?? Maybe there's another way to sort something mettings on msn or such??
Anyway take care all and happy galloping
makeshifter
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
Onyxsoulclaw wrote:
I'm keeping quiet and not naming names (that's to childish even for me) But Makeshifters little jokey (i hope) reply is how Some people in the comunitee feel for real. So there would be risks of a massive flame war if we had a mini chat thingy.

Because there are quite a few of us and we all have diffenert views on subjects we are all bound to clash on something. I.E .....
"your deer ignored me"
"no it did not"
"liar"
"insert insult here"
"same to you to"
.....And so it would go on......

I noticed 3 people at least leave the game last week mostly because of clashes of opinion in the forum.
I don't think anyone would want anymore to leave. Hence my feeling's against the idea. I know most people are well behaved and consider others but is it worth the risk? why should the game it'self suffer?? Maybe there's another way to sort something mettings on msn or such??
Anyway take care all and happy galloping

i don't think you know how i "flame war"

basically i follow three rules.

1. be blunt
2. be precise
3. first one to get angry loses.

ask some of the older members, i tend to be quite a debater.
Verdalas
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I like the idea of a shoutbox which can be enabled and disabled if things get out of hand. Like on Subeta's website.
Tae
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
"3. first one to get angry loses."

lol makeshifter

I'd like a shoutbox, I like to think that we are all mature responsible people
Spleen
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Nov 2010 Posts: 18 Location: On my own path through a endless forest of wandering.
"Why not?" I like the idea to try a chatroom (a shoutbox is too small, and we're too many, it'll be confusing).
If things get bad, Michael could just shut it down, but there's something missing in that community because of the incapacity to communicate in real time with other players.
This community is as mature as the game and I think it's a good idea to establish that chatroom.
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2010 Posts: 288 Location: Russia. Russia. Error.
I honestly don't want to test it, mostly cause it'll start stupid arguments 'n such.
Seliah
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote
I admit it is a bit frustrating not to be able to communicate with people, but at the same time, this is why I do love this game much. It doesn't offer so much (I'm speaking about me of course) to feel like I wanna get to know the persons behind the deer. I am a roleplayer, and without a chat, it really gives the feeling that I am really a deer. Even if it is only for 10-15 minutes a day. Smile
Zitronade
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Seliah wrote:
I admit it is a bit frustrating not to be able to communicate with people, but at the same time, this is why I do love this game much. It doesn't offer so much (I'm speaking about me of course) to feel like I wanna get to know the persons behind the deer. I am a roleplayer, and without a chat, it really gives the feeling that I am really a deer. Even if it is only for 10-15 minutes a day. Smile

/signed!