top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  Cool game I found

William
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
This game doesn't have the best graphics, but the gameplay is very good.

Download the demo and play it, it contains the whole game, but with a level limit of six.

Here is the link:

Taleworlds.com
Michael
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
I get like 90 frames per second, woohoo! Smile

You're right, the gameplay, as system, is appealing. But the execution is too rough for me to be really enjoyable. But I never play games for their gameplay, really. I play them for their immersiveness.
William
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't suppose you've ever played any of the "Myst" puzzle games...?
Kastanok
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to playing this.

There's very little new or particularly well done in Mount & Blade. However, that said, it is refreshing to find a medieval-setting game that's not awash with goblins and dragons. The combat system is an enjoyable diversion and echoes the kind of thing I expect from Morrowing: Oblivion and Dark Messiah. Not organic or fluid enough for my liking though.

And, for the record, I was achieving 150 fps, which I'm ashamed of considering the rig I've got. Sad
okabra
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote
where do I go to check my private messages?
BadgerClaw
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, I used to own Myst, but when it was a few years ago. Its probably lost somewhere now. But I could not get past the first CD.... I found it completely impossible. I gave up after about two weeks. xD
Bullet
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:26 am Reply with quote
seems like a good war hack&slash computer game. Surprised
Kanter
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
BadgerClaw wrote:
Oh, I used to own Myst, but when it was a few years ago. Its probably lost somewhere now. But I could not get past the first CD.... I found it completely impossible. I gave up after about two weeks. xD

I've gotten through the entire Myst series(gawd it's so HARD!) and Riven(easier) and also the -unrelated- Aura, which was WAY to easy and extremely short.

Quote:

seems like a good war hack&slash computer game. Surprised

Really? it seems a tad low-grade to me. The game itself is rather boring and repetitive. Erk- I'm not playing killing games right now, I've become bored these past weeks. Unfortunately I'm obligated to play one because I was accepted into closed beta.(When I got such an email for LOTRO I was excited but for this one I'm like "Aww man...") And no, I won't say what game it is; my contract is strict as hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
makeshifter
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
William wrote:
I don't suppose you've ever played any of the "Myst" puzzle games...?

i have. then i needed a new computer. this was about the equivalent of what i did. only i did it with a hammer.
tinfoil
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quote
i played the original myst more years ago than i want to admit. i love puzzles! thanks for reminding me. my son left his 10th anniversary dvd edition here and i've been meaning to revisit myst and play riven and exile. i seem to remember 2 other puzzle games laying around somewhere. i think one of them is titled jewels of the oracle. the other has a short one-word name that escapes me.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
okabra wrote:
where do I go to check my private messages?

Bit random, but OK.
They're disabled. Sorry. Try email?

AHHHHH IT'S A HORSE!

No time. Plus I hate demos. They stop me just as I'm getting into it.
Kanter
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:

No time. Plus I hate demos. They stop me just as I'm getting into it.

Don't mind demos; it's time trials I hate. They're a hundred times worse and it's very difficult to extend your time(by cheating- messing with your cookies and whatnot, though some have protections for that and you would have to download from different hosts each time)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lyrak
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
My dad used to play Myst a lot. I don't think we ever finished it (yes it became a family effort by the end lol).

My aunt also used to have a game called Qin that was another puzzle game. She kept calling me over to do the musical puzzles. lol

There was also 7th Guest but I can't remember a dang thing about that except going through some maze or something and hearing "Are you feeling... lonely?" every time I got lost. lol
makeshifter
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
the 7th guest sucked there were like three times that i was actually scared but thats it. and the video was even worse.
Moogie
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Kanter wrote:
Really? it seems a tad low-grade to me. The game itself is rather boring and repetitive. Erk- I'm not playing killing games right now, I've become bored these past weeks. Unfortunately I'm obligated to play one because I was accepted into closed beta.(When I got such an email for LOTRO I was excited but for this one I'm like "Aww man...") And no, I won't say what game it is; my contract is strict as hell.

*Cough*He*cough*llga*cough*te*cough*Lon*cough*don. Wink