top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  New maxis game - Spore

Wildbluesun
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Lyrak wrote:
Yeah I've heard from somebody thatif you have the pets addon pack, there's a way to be a werewolf either via download or some random thing in the game. Can't remember where I heard it now but omg I want it. XD

My friend told me that if you hang around really late (in game) these black dogs start walking around, and the one with glowing green eyes is a wolf. Get bitten by the wolf and you turn into a werewolf and turn all furry and stuff at night. But apparently you can just drink a potion-thing and be normal again. =)

I've seen the dogs, but nothing else.

Last edited by Wildbluesun on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
opale12
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
do someone know if they finally released the minimum and recommanded specifications? because I think my graphic card won't handle it Cool
Linx
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
Wait It Comes out In March?! COOOOOOOL THATS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!...month
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NecrochildK
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:
Lyrak wrote:
Yeah I've heard from somebody thatif you have the pets addon pack, there's a way to be a werewolf either via download or some random thing in the game. Can't remember where I heard it now but omg I want it. XD

My friend told me that if you hang around really late (in game) these black dogs start walking around, and the only with glowing green eyes is a wolf. Get bitten by the wolf and you turn into a werewolf and turn all furry and stuff at night. But apparently you can just drink a potion-thing and be normal again. =)

I've seen the dogs, but nothing else.

Yeah, you can force the glowy eyed wolf to come around if you use a cheat, but you still have to befriend him and get bitten.
Moogie
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Linx wrote:
Wait It Comes out In March?! COOOOOOOL THATS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!...month

Mine too! And Crisis Core comes out in March too!

This year I'm going to have a very happy birthday indeed. Laughing
Linx
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
SAME HERE...WOOHOO!!! Smile Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shroud
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Feb 2008 Posts: 36 Location: The eternal darkness.
Well, you all know how many delays ther have been, but there are some more official EA games statements that Spore should be out before december of 2008. I think it said september, but do not hold me to it.

Also, I would just like to get something out incase the Twing Gods are perusing the foums and happen to read this. I think that Spore is an ingeneous and creative game that will be imensely gratifying. You once said that the devlopers were taking the burden off their own shoulders, but I am personaly very grateful to have a game that allows me to shape it into the kind of experience I want to have.

I agree that there is less storytelling and direction from the original developers, but htat is not necessarily so terrible. What you are doing here is an amazing acheivment in creating a world where people can do as they wish, and yet you, as the Twin Gods, can shape their experience and direct the story of this world where you wish for it to go. Your game allows people to interact within an amazingly detailed and perfected world, and take part in a stunning whole which is ultimately your world, but where you have given others the chance to experience and become part of it in a meaningful way.

What Spore does is allow the user to create his own world, in which they may do as they please. Their worlds may not be as manicured, beautiful, complex, and directed as yours, but it allows the player to create an environment of their express design, letting them shape their own paradise which, though perhaps not as perfect as yours, belongs to them.

The ownership of their own environment is a very powerful thing. Your game allows players to exist in a lovely and imaginative world, and be part of a magnificent and greater whole of poetry and grace, whereas Spore allows them to shape their own world to their liking. Both styles are greatly admirable, and they both satify a certain desire in the player, and I think that it would be beneficial to use both to satiate the desire for blonging, and the desire for control.
Moogie
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
The September '08 date is official, straight from Will Wright/EA. I was disappointed... but I suppose it gives them a long time to make sure EA doesn't ruin ...and destroy and humiliate and obliterate... (yet) another very promising game.
Witcher
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 280 Location: Venturing Around The Forest
That game looks so funn!!! Laughing I want it!!!
Linx
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Sad another 20 years (not literally) Sad

well, back to the ol' drawing board
Kogy
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
hmm this game looks a LOT like flOw.. i wonder which one was first. i have flow, it's fantastic! very relaxing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mW2I29QMes

it's pretty simple, in both gameplay and graphics, but it doesnt have to be complex to be fun!

this one is the version that came with the PS3. slightly prettier graphics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8bnnHgGhE&feature=related
Redkora
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quote
http://www.hookedonspore.com/site/flow/

I think it was made by one of the people who helped out with the tide pool level in Spore.
swiftdeer2
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
the creature editor demo thingy comes out on June 17, there will be a free version and a paid version with more creature parts... maybe that will keep us satisfied for 3 months Shocked
LK
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
swiftdeer2 wrote:
the creature editor demo thingy comes out on June 17, there will be a free version and a paid version with more creature parts... maybe that will keep us satisfied for 3 months Shocked

4 months.

MAAAANNN I am so totally PUMPED FOR THIS GAME AUGH
Verdalas
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Have the specs for the game been posted yet? *_*

I want this game so much, but if I get it and it doesn't work.. arrgh.