top_image

<  The Path - PC problems  ~  Problems with sound

1nvisible
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm experiencing some problems with sound.
First of all, I don't hear rain sound after waking up after encountering a wolf (I even thought there's no sound until I played on my PC where there was a sound).
And another problem, sometimes I have repeating sounds (which starts when I see the game road and "The Path" title and so on). Seems like it is playing some short samples then stops after some seconds, then plays the same sample but slightly advancing it in time (e.g. playing from 0:01 after playing it from 0:00; then from 0:02 and so on). Restarting the game doesn't help, but restarting Windows helps.

Both my notebook and PC have SB Audigy 2 ZS, but the PC seems to work fine.
Michael
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Sometimes there's some stuttering in the sound when assets are being loaded and initiated (this happens most often during the intro titles on slower computers). But the absence of rain sounds like a memory issue. How much RAM do you have?
Or perhaps there's something wrong with your files? Try installing the game again (don't worry, saved games are not deleted).
1nvisible
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
As for the stuttering, it won't end for a long time (sorry, but didn't notice for how long).
As for the rain, I have 2 Gb of RAM and it is not heard (vs 1Gb on my PC where it is heard).
I have fully copied game files to my PC (where the rain sound works) and also verified via Steam - so the problem might not be connected with them.
Anyway, I'm going to try reinstalling the game.