top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  Need some help ... (May contain spoilers)

Necronomicon
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote
Okay. So i started playing The Path last night. I chose to play as Robin.

First of all, i couldn't see my character which was quite annoying. Then i found a way to fix it on these forums, and went back to playing. Now i could actually see Robin, which made it a lot easier to control.

I started following the path, went inside Grandma's house, and the game ended.

Alright then, i'll try adventuring a bit more this time ....

I went up to the phone this time, used it, and ended up back in the room where you select one of the girls.

Another try...

I started again (as Robin still). Ventured into the woods, came across a girl in white, followed her and eventually came across a graveyard. Walked up to the graveyard, Robin jumped on a wolves back and started riding around on him.

Then all of a sudden i was back at the start, but everything was in black & white, and i moved really slow.

I don't get it ... What am i supposed to do in this game? It's beautiful to play, everything looks so eerie and pretty, but i'm having trouble figuring out what i am supposed to do!

Maybe it's because i'm using to playing games like BioShock, Fallout 3, etc where you always have something to do. Or maybe it's because i attempted to play The Path at 5am after drinking way too much coffee, and not being able to fall asleep.

Is there an objective to this game? Is there a point? Am i supposed to just explore? Someone just explain to me what i am supposed to do! Haha.

Am i reading into it too much? Am i just supposed to walk around and enjoy the scenery? Why am i asking so many questions?
Seed
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 502 Location: In UR Brainz, bee'n a deerz
After you meet the girl's wolf, you're taken to B+W Outside of Grandma's house. That's what's meant to happen, so you're game's not broken with that.

The main goal of the game, roughly speaking, is exploration: that of the forest, but also that of the girl. You just happened to find Robin's wolf pretty dang fast, and the results of going to the wolf were as the results of going to the wolf are meant to be: you found the begining of the end of Robin's story (accidentally skipping most of the middle), now go in Grandma's House and see it finished.

Ideally, your goal is to both explore around and, eventually, find the wolf -- though it won't be what it was with Robin for other girls, or where it was.

I guess the biggest piece of advice I can give is this: you know you are on the right track, in terms of what to do, when you make something interesting happen.
Necronomicon
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Seed wrote:
After you meet the girl's wolf, you're taken to B+W Outside of Grandma's house. That's what's meant to happen, so you're game's not broken with that.

The main goal of the game, roughly speaking, is exploration: that of the forest, but also that of the girl. You just happened to find Robin's wolf pretty dang fast, and the results of going to the wolf were as the results of going to the wolf are meant to be: you found the begining of the end of Robin's story (accidentally skipping most of the middle), now go in Grandma's House and see it finished.

Ideally, your goal is to both explore around and, eventually, find the wolf -- though it won't be what it was with Robin for other girls, or where it was.

I guess the biggest piece of advice I can give is this: you know you are on the right track, in terms of what to do, when you make something interesting happen.

Thankyou. I went back and tried as another girl...And managed to explore quite a bit before encountering the 'wolf'. Actually enjoying it now!

I think i was just frustrated because of my lack of sleep. hehe.