top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Ask the developers!

TwoEars
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:57 am Reply with quote
Sarah wrote:
But OMG there's like no one there!! Now we have like 50 deer or something.

And during an official performance the number online doubles and triples!

Sarah wrote:
Jen you rock.

This need to be quoted and re-quoted too. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jen
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quote
Don't forget, those videos were taken over 2 years ago! It's also possible they weren't connected and were just playing around.

And thanks guys. :3 I just remember looking through the TEF videos and seeing that, and wishing I had all those controls! Laughing
Syltar
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
Well I for one can't wait for the Epiphany Abiogenisis....loving all of those neat God-Mod controls that M&A have at their disposal. Wink
Michael
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Raz wrote:
Sounds kinda silly but.... do you use the same TEF as us? or do you have add ons for the snazzy god effects?

We use the same client with some extra features added for the ABIOGENESIS effects.
Michael
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
TwoEars wrote:
Yes, is it your accounts that are special or is it your version of the game that's special?

Our accounts are the same.
Even the game is the same. We just have some additional files.
Michael
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
Raz wrote:
*wows at the fact that there's hardly any deer in the first one*

These videos could have been made on a random moment, outside of an announced ABIOGENESIS event.
Michael
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
Jen wrote:
It's also possible they weren't connected and were just playing around.

No. We need to be connected for the effects to work.
Soer
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Mar 2009 Posts: 42 Location: Land of Deer and Idols
Is this thread still a thing? Anyway, it's worth a try maybe Smile I realize this question is a pretty big one though:

I've recently done some playing with numbers and the results are quite stunning, if not a little bit scary. Turns out that Gen2 Pictograms are running out more than twice as quickly as Gen1 did.

Now, creating a unique generation of Pictograms seems like a really complex thing to do, especially when you already have two predecessors and the next generation is supposed to be both distinguishable and still "belong". With Gen2, we had the introduction of geometrical shapes such as the circle or the triangle.
Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this for the third generation, or have you yet to face this issue?

Also, since, as you before have pointed out before, The Endless Forest is gaining more and more popularity, this is certainly becoming a visible problem. If a third generation is introduced it may become "obsolete" even sooner than the first and second one did.
Do you think an alternative solution to Generations will be necessary, or will you be able to keep up? Will there have to be a rule on how many pictograms one may register? Or will it go so far that registration will have to be permanently closed at some point?

I guess my general question would be "what does the future of TEF look like?" As there seems to be a lack of funding and current focus lies on the development of two other projects, there seems to be very little wiggle room at the moment.
freesoul02
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote
ok i have some question because i just read a site that said bad things about the game and it conserns me that if the game keeps going the way it is itll become unpopular and i think it could be a great game but it only needs some things added anyways my questions:

1)what are you planning for the endless forest(like new things in it and stuff)?

2)what would you personally like to add to the game?

3)how usually or in what days do you join the game yourself(you know as the twin gods big deers etc)?

4)what are your future plans for this christmas Razz ?

Soer wrote:
Is this thread still a thing? Anyway, it's worth a try maybe Smile I realize this question is a pretty big one though:

I've recently done some playing with numbers and the results are quite stunning, if not a little bit scary. Turns out that Gen2 Pictograms are running out more than twice as quickly as Gen1 did.

Now, creating a unique generation of Pictograms seems like a really complex thing to do, especially when you already have two predecessors and the next generation is supposed to be both distinguishable and still "belong". With Gen2, we had the introduction of geometrical shapes such as the circle or the triangle.
Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this for the third generation, or have you yet to face this issue?

Also, since, as you before have pointed out before, The Endless Forest is gaining more and more popularity, this is certainly becoming a visible problem. If a third generation is introduced it may become "obsolete" even sooner than the first and second one did.
Do you think an alternative solution to Generations will be necessary, or will you be able to keep up? Will there have to be a rule on how many pictograms one may register? Or will it go so far that registration will have to be permanently closed at some point?

I guess my general question would be "what does the future of TEF look like?" As there seems to be a lack of funding and current focus lies on the development of two other projects, there seems to be very little wiggle room at the moment.

now that i read that then those are really good question oh no im getting worried again Confused Confused

Merged because double post - Raz
Echosong
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Sarah wrote:
As for the publicity thing - I'm sure the TEF community will help. I've been advertising The Path and The Endless Forest on different forums, and tomorrow I plan on printing the poster for The Path and putting it up in different public places.
Poster: http://e.imagehost.org/0990/path_poster.png?

Someone should make a poster for The Endless Forest! Shocked
I might....
Echosong
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Question-

-What are your plans for The Endless Forest?
- Are you still using player's concepts for pelts, masks and antlers?
- How do you create the pelts on the deer?
- Will there be a sort of Baba Yaga character in the forest eventually?-

Last edited by Echosong on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
quiet_sound-XxX
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
I've always thought about donating to the endless forest, but I know there's nothing going on with it really.(like work/new pelts, blah blah blaah ) But if say, I was donating for -example- a new pelt set, and I KNEW what I was donating for.. I would definitely donate. But, there could be say a list of things to donate for...

New pelts- 240$
New Pond Area- 560$
New Animals- 30$

Get my drift? and we could check which one to donate for and have a donation bar for each. (I have NO idea how much all this stuff would cost, and even if your going to work on TEF more, sorry ^-^") Because I have thought about donating 80, 100, 50 dollars you know? but I don't know what I'm donating For. I just thought it could be a question haha , So Michael. Would You take this into consideration???^^^^^^^
Michael
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
Echosong wrote:
-What are your plans for The Endless Forest?

To keep it going.

Echosong wrote:
- Are you still using player's concepts for pelts, masks and antlers?

We enjoy seeing them. They are delightful!
But we do not have the resources to add them to the game at the moment.

Echosong wrote:
- How do you create the pelts on the deer?

As bitmaps, usually in Photoshop.

Echosong wrote:

- Will there be a sort of Baba Yaga character in the forest eventually

We hope so!
Michael
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
quiet_sound-XxX wrote:
But if say, I was donating for -example- a new pelt set, and I KNEW what I was donating for.

Good idea.

We have actually considered such a thing at some point. But couldn't get around to organizing it.

We really should do this.
Aegrahm
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 am Reply with quote
I guess this really isnt a question, but I just want to say thank you to the devs for creating such a fantastic experiance. This game is lovely, and I hope it continues to improve Smile well done!