top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  Funny The Endless Forest reviews

Taijitu
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 167 Location: I am the thread bumper, hear me roar!
Post links to funny TEF reviews! Here's one I just found: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/mmo-roulette/endlessforest.php . Allow me to quote some of this stuff.

Quote:
Normally I review games of the MMORPG genre every two weeks but this article is a bit different since I am reviewing "The Endless Forest" which I don't think actually qualifies as a game. I would call it a chat room for people who want to be deer... but you can't actually chat. No words can really describe The Endless Forest, though some words can come close: "crap", "strange", "bizarre", "garbage", perhaps even "nightmare inducing horror." However, none of these words can really do justice to what I am about to show you.

Quote:
You can't even chat with people in some stupid secret deer language. The only means of communication include mooing or sniffing each other's virtual deer butt holes. Somehow these people actually enjoy doing this every day for hours on end. Life must be great, waking up Saturday morning, taking a deep breath of stale air from the basement, and exclaiming, "It is that time again! Time to be a deer!" Another annoying trait of the "Deers United" is the fact that every single one of them refers to themselves in the third person. They basically admit they play this horrible game but refuse to actually believe it so they pretend they are talking about their deer and not themselves.

Note to the last sentence: Whomever did the interview, whether they be one, two, or more, they obviously have no imagination. Talking in "3rd Person" is basically like role-playing. Who says we're not allowed to pretend the deer we play as are actually in their own world and to imagine that they are themselves, and not us? Okay, I make no sense right now Razz , I waited some minutes to figure out how to put it into a sentence but my brain just went "ka-poot" xD.

Quote:
Eventually the administrators/developers, who have a gigantic god complex, bothered themselves to enter the forest. In some attempt to scare us off they basically ended the world. That is right -- they ended the endless forest with a credit roll and everything. Fireworks, crappy lightning bolts, and cages rained from above along with cryptic misspelled text, undoubtedly stolen from some anime. When it was all said and done two words were all that was left in the forest.

I wish I could've seen that Laughing !

Now it's whoever else wants to post links to interviews of The Endless Forest, try and make sure they're funny, though Laughing !

Last edited by Taijitu on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Bellamy
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote
I've seen that article, and I was there when they tried to "grief" us with their group of little choir fawns. Fun times. Rolling Eyes
halogen
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:04 am Reply with quote
Lol, some people have no taste.
Santur
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
they ended the endless forest with a credit roll and everything. Fireworks, crappy lightning bolts, and cages rained from above along with cryptic misspelled text, undoubtedly stolen from some anime. When it was all said and done two words were all that was left in the forest.
They obviously were judging too quickly right there. Razz
Liëka
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh god...

Did they actually think that the Abio was for them?
These guys have a real ego problem. It says 'The End' at the end of every Abio, sillys!
Sedna
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote
the endless forest never ends :0

i LOL'd at virtual butt holes. i really couldn't help it.
Kaicow
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
People just keep digging this article up over and over, don't they. :B Just let it diiieeee. D:

I don't really read reviews(or interviews for that matter), so I can't name a few inherently funny ones right off the top of my head. I'll snoop around for a bit though.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Dude.

SA.

Got us free publicity.
Bellamy
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:
Dude.

SA.

Got us free publicity.

And they had no idea! XD
Jen
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote
I'm going to be completely honesty.
TEF got SO much publicity out of that article, it's hilarious. Our population BOOMED (baby-boom lulz) after that came out. All I have to say to them it, thank you!
Wildbluesun
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
And they gave the community a rallying point! Made us all feel a bit more community-ish.

That backfired on them SO MUCH.