Welcome back WBS

As you already read, I'm glad to see you again Smile
Trinket
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
Bellamy wrote:
WILDBLUESUN, YOU--

-angrily beats you up-
-hug-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
*is beaten up* Ouch. x.X

*is hugged* Ouch. Again.

Yeah, I have returned! *waves arms* I didn't get weekend leave my first week at the unit, and when I did get leave (on Thursday) I just browsed without posting.

But I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.

Also, I'm moving schools in September. Except. I'm not sure where I'll go and it's terrifying, because all my friends are either psychiatric patients or in my old school and I suck at maintaining friendships unless I see people everyday, so once I've left the unit and left the school I have NO IDEA what will happen. At the moment I'm just thinking about the short-term and leaving the long-term (ie, about a month) to fester.

/hijack
path to home
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
you have us! Smile

We can help you while you go through your transition.

Making all new friends is difficult, but at least you have some old ones here Smile
makeshifter
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
noooo they be hi jacking my thread!

ahhhh i don't care.

but i thought you were better now? why do you have to go to a special school? i mean wouldn't being at a school full of people who went through with what you did but may not be batter cause a total relapse. sounds like a time bomb waiting to happen to me. i think you go to a normal school where no one knows you. get back into the swing of things and get used to normal life. of course this is coming from a 14 year old who is equally as crazy but. seriously, may be the dumbest idea i've ever heard of.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I AM going to a normal school. Well. Sort of. Out of the two schools I've seen so far, the one I'd like to go to has 14 people to a year and only 88 people in the whole school.

The people I fit in best with and feel most comfortable with are psychiatric patients anyway, so if I was going to a place full of patients it'd probably work out. But I'm not going to one of those; only really bad people go to places like that; secure unit people (I'm only in semi-secure) or those with families who don't want them anymore.

I'm not all better, but much better than I was. I still find lots of things hard and still have low patches, but most things are easier for me; I can buy things at shops now.

Path to Home, thanks. =) I'll remember that.
makeshifter
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
you sound fine to me. meh, i fail at understanding your plight.
Bellamy
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
makeshifter wrote:

-slaps unnecessarily-
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
makeshifter wrote:

That's all right. I don't generally show my emotions, even to my myself; during CBT (WHICH IS THE MOST AMAZING THERAPY THIS SIDE OF THE MAYANS) we do thought records, which are basically a list of the thoughts, feelings and behaviours connected to a particular situation. When I make them, and actually think about the feelings I connect to a particular thought, I suddenly discover that I'm feeling a lot more negative things than I thought.

So even if I'm worrying and stressing continuously about something, I don't pay attention to the worry and stress (I tend to cover things up by being loud and shouty; it's called avoidance, which is something the CBT person is always telling me off for). All that means is that it builds up and comes out later, generally explosively and destructively.

So I usually sound fine. I mean, nobody in real life notices how negative my mental state sometimes gets, so how should you? It's a lot easier to hide on the internet, after all.
LK
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
Wait... what happened? Everyone's like 'YAAAAAAYYYY WBS YOU'RE BACK' and I'm like 'what'

... What?

*isnosy* :(
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
PMed you.