top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Please test the new community site

Vrav
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Michael wrote:
Vrav wrote:
Logged in when you posted this, but just tried again tonight and... none of my passwords worked? Weird, but easily reset... however, there is no option to change password in the edit account area. That I was able to see.

You should use your game login. And you can't change it yourself.

Is what I've been doing. Since I can't change it myself, I'll just use the password reset function every time I need to access the community.
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
hanneke wrote:
can anyone join in there?

Anyone with an Endless Forest account.
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Vrav wrote:
Michael wrote:
Vrav wrote:
Logged in when you posted this, but just tried again tonight and... none of my passwords worked? Weird, but easily reset... however, there is no option to change password in the edit account area. That I was able to see.

You should use your game login. And you can't change it yourself.

Is what I've been doing. Since I can't change it myself, I'll just use the password reset function every time I need to access the community.

Does that even work?

In any case, if you would like to change your password for the game, just let us know. We can do that for you.
Vrav
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Michael wrote:
Vrav wrote:
Since I can't change it myself, I'll just use the password reset function every time I need to access the community.

Does that even work?

In any case, if you would like to change your password for the game, just let us know. We can do that for you.

Apparently, I guess. Logged me in. But it's probably scrambled whatever my pass once was into nonsense; seems a change request has been made mandatory. Sending PM... thanks.

... Err, or not. Email.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
First time accessing! Whoo!

I'm assuming that, because is beta, I can criticise to my heart's content.

I am IN LOVE with that live map. Coolest thing I've seen all year. Pictures is good too; perhaps it should be split into screenshots and player-created? I dunno, I just think that'd be good.

What's with this "order history" thingymajig? And the address book? I see template-ness!

Are blogs saved in the "diaries" section?

How do I give people nuzzles?

Also, the site design annoys me. It's a bit...dark. And the overlapping squares at the top strike me as ugly. Confused

I'd like the forums to be implemented into the community website, but I'm not sure how that would work with the general game design forum. I like having both on the same page, so that the communities overlap.
Bell
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:
Pictures is good too; perhaps it should be split into screenshots and player-created? I dunno, I just think that'd be good.

My pictures area shows subcategories underneath it, but I don't know if there has been any screenshots added to the folder, and the same with player created.

Blogs are diaries, oui.

You can't give nuzzles (I wish we could!), they're more like a point system. Five nuzzle points for posting a blog, five for commenting, etc.
QuadRaptor
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
You can't give nuzzles on there but you certainly can here Laughing

*nuzzles you* Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Whisper Forest Beauty
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I see how it is... Laughing

Jk.

NUZZELS FOR EVREY ONE! Laughing
Bell
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
QuadRaptor wrote:
You can't give nuzzles on there but you certainly can here Laughing

*nuzzles you* Wink

You tree beast.
Michael
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:
What's with this "order history" thingymajig? And the address book? I see template-ness!

The whole thing is made with templates. It's a system called Drupal.
Those order and address book things are part of the e-commerce module that we have disabled for the moment (because we have nothing to sell yet). If all goes well, we'll use this later for selling stuff that can support the development of the game.

Wildbluesun wrote:

Diaries is just another name for blogs. They're the same.

Wildbluesun wrote:

You can't do that. The site gives you nuzzles. It's like points for contributiing.

Wildbluesun wrote:
Also, the site design annoys me. It's a bit...dark. And the overlapping squares at the top strike me as ugly. Confused

It's hard to work with the whole templated thing.
I personally like the current design well enough. But it may change.

Wildbluesun wrote:
I'd like the forums to be implemented into the community website, but I'm not sure how that would work with the general game design forum. I like having both on the same page, so that the communities overlap.

That's the ultimate goal, if all goes well.
The only problem is that the forum functionality of the Drupal system is not as sophisticated as the one here (phpBB). But maybe that's ok.
vala
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Aug 2006 Posts: 1864 Location: Around the forest ,where the fun is
Laughing I just vist the new community its really nice !!!

But a lot of deer are zzzzzzzzzz !!!! Laughing

And a lot of " nuzzles " to all of you Exclamation Exclamation Wink
Redkora
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
I like it so far. Also, I have an idea about the use of "forest nuzzles." I think that if someone gets enough nuzzles, then they would be able to do something for the rest of the community. It should not only be fun for the person who got the needed nuzzles to do something, but also for the rest of the community. Everyone should benefit.

Maybe, in the future, forest nuzzles can be transferred as spell points in the game. When the player has enough of these points, he or she can use those points to create a dazzling effect to delight the other players. This can be giving a person or group of people a really neat mask/antler set/pelt to creating an effect one might see at an Abiogenesis. The more points one has, the cooler the effect that player can create. As for giving out multiple pelts/antlers/masks (probably not all at once, though Wink), just think of the delight it would cause for a sleeping deer to wake up and find a neat gift.

I know that this would be difficult to implement, but I just thought that if forest nuzzles are going to be used for something, it should be done with in the spirit of out Forest. That just my two cents, though.
Lyrak
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
Set up my account and have a blog entry. Since I've sort of been remiss on checking the forums, you guys can catch up with me on the community site some - I'll try to at least post updates there. ^^;

One request though.... will there be a way to decide what goes on our frontpage? lol I logged in and it's like, zomghugeimage. So maybe if there can be some option to not display user images on the frontpage, for us poor slow-internetted- folk? XD Like, something we can choose in account settings or whatever.

Also, having a website-based friendslist for viewing blogs would be cool.

Oh, and a comments notification system. Like, when you go to the page, you have something in the sidebar or along the top that says "You have (insert number here) new comments to your blog" or something, then when we click on it we can get links to whatever entries have new comments or something.

And for those having trouble logging in, don't forget to treat your username as CASE SENSITIVE. I forgot to capitalize the L in Lyrak at first, and was about to hit it until I remembered it seems to matter with TEF. XD
Anduin
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, very interesting! Like others said, I also like the real-time map. The fact that you can go to it, click on someone's icon, and discover their username I'm sure will be liked by a lot of people- I know my friend yesterday was asking if there was some sort of feature like it in-game, and it was before I learned of this (been slacking in my TEF forumness).

Of course, for people like me who don't really care about others' usernames, I can just... choose not to look them up! Razz
Noctuidae
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
I love the map! But it does get a bit confusing when the pictograms overlap... 0~0;
What about if we could choose a hex-colour code for our icons to appear in?