top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Please test the new community site

Ghost
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
One thing I noticed, when replying to a specific comment someone has left, the replies are "flat." It's a little hard to tell who the comment/reply is for. Any option to "nest" them? (aka, stagger)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bell
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Michael"]
Bell wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Also! A suggestion, maybe a little newsflash thing should pop up on the home page when the user gets a message or a comment, whatever? That way you don't find out two years later that someone asked you something, or posted something and never got a response Shocked

That would be nice.
We are using a system called Drupal. It's a bit complicated to work with. So if you have any tips on how to add such a feature, please let us know.

I know nothing in that area, but through the Account option, and then the Track up at the top, it updates whenever new comments are added to diaries and pictures and all that, which works for me!
Ghost
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!

That's what I get for not clicking on everything I see. ^.^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kaicow
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
...oh deer. D:
Got this both times after trying to log in twice:
Quote:
* Error 0: 22 Invalid argument
* Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?

When I tried to resend my password it said my email didn't exist. So I tried logging in again and...it worked. ._.;
Ghost
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that seems to happen sometimes. Not sure why. But usually after several tries, it eventually goes through.
rah-bop
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:51 am Reply with quote
Oh my, I love this new website so much I am a-wiggle with glee. I LOVE the map. I have never seen the forest in this way before, and it's.... kind of enlightening. I have never had any sort of ability to navigate anything anywhere ever, so in the forest I usually just run until I get somewhere. Now I look and am thinking "hey, I never realized this was so far away from that, etc."

Anyway, I love that I can see who's in the forest so I can (haha) drop what I'm doing and go play with my friends. I will be happy when more people start logging in so that more of the pictos will actually link to people's profiles. When there are groups of people all playing together, though, it's really hard to make out the separate pictos. You can zoom in, but the pictos just zoom in, too. I think it would be nice if the pictos would become smaller and more distinguishable from each other... not unlike how it works on, say, google maps.

I would also like there to be some kind of ability to be notified of any responses you get to stuff you post. Maybe, if a popup wouldn't work like someone else mentioned, maybe a section of your profile or something like an on-site message system (I notice this forum has a "You have no new messages" button up by the "Profile" button... but messages are disabled.) Perhaps, if that is too difficult, we could have comments emailed to us?

I would love it if, on the players list, small pictographs were listed by the player's name. That way you could scroll through quickly to try and identify someone, instead of having to click on their profiles one-by-one. I like that you can view people's pictographs in their profiles at all. It's so awesome to finally figure out who people are (until now, I have been calling Wing "Stairs" because I didn't know his/her username.)

Thank you very much for this new site! I like the features so far!
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Ghost wrote:
One thing I noticed, when replying to a specific comment someone has left, the replies are "flat." It's a little hard to tell who the comment/reply is for. Any option to "nest" them? (aka, stagger)

Good point. I'll check if this is an option.
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
Kaicow wrote:
...oh deer. D:
Got this both times after trying to log in twice:
Quote:
* Error 0: 22 Invalid argument
* Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?

When I tried to resend my password it said my email didn't exist. So I tried logging in again and...it worked. ._.;

Resending will not work because the website doesn't know anything about The Endless Forest database. They live on different domains. I don't know why it sometimes fails. It is kind of a hack to use the game login...
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
rah-bop wrote:
I think it would be nice if the pictos would become smaller and more distinguishable from each other...

Good idea.
Xylophagous
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Nov 2007 Posts: 790 Location: Cardboard Box Castle
OH we should have a friends list. So I can add people to keep track of. Unless we do have that and Im oblivious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vrav
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote
Logged in when you posted this, but just tried again tonight and... none of my passwords worked? Weird, but easily reset... however, there is no option to change password in the edit account area. That I was able to see.
rah-bop
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote
Fan, Concept, and Wallpaper galleries are okay but the Screenshot gallery is not working.
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote
Vrav wrote:
Logged in when you posted this, but just tried again tonight and... none of my passwords worked? Weird, but easily reset... however, there is no option to change password in the edit account area. That I was able to see.

You should use your game login. And you can't change it yourself.
Michael
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
rah-bop wrote:
Fan, Concept, and Wallpaper galleries are okay but the Screenshot gallery is not working.

Indeed. Thanks. I fixed that.
hanneke
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Dec 2007 Posts: 167 Location: far from the water, to keep outfit!
wow!

absolutely lovely site,
very user-friendly too.

love the design pics;
can anyone join in there?

i sometimes draw myself, and if i manage to make a nice drawing i might like to post it.