top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Bad news: no funding for Phase 4

Michael
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
The funding we have requested from the Flemish Audiovisual Fund for making Phase Four of The Endless Forest has been denied. Just like Phase Three. I guess they don't love us anymore. Crying or Very sad

Doesn't matter now anymore either because they have removed the category of experimental media where we have been submitting our request up till now. Now there's no place for us to get funding anymore in Belgium. VAF say that we can submit in their animation category but we have done this twice before and it was quite clear that the commission who makes the decsions doesn't understand games or software art.
Moogie
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Sad So sorry to hear that Michael. I was hoping it would be easier after you eventually succeeded in getting Phase 3.

Chin up. Nothing worth fighting for ever comes easy.
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Hear hear!

If it comes to it, I shall get a part-time job and pay monthly donations. Surprised Screw what parents have to say!
Moogie
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
You know what, I think I'd set myself a monthly TEF budget too. But I'm in the same boat as you right now. I've been trying to find a new job for almost a year now. Sad

*Edit: Wow, me saying I'd pay a subscription. I never thought I'd see the day. Laughing
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Same as, but this is different to silly World of Warcraft. I can see myself still stuck to this game when I reach 40.

EDIT:: I just this minute asked my mum to get me an application form for the nearby supermarket she's gone to, and asked her if I can have a night shift with my dad working. Razz
alpha
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Phase 4 fundraiser hmn? How much do we need?
sockpuppie
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Oct 2007 Posts: 663 Location: Through the seven levels of the Candy Cane Forest. Past the twirly, swirly gumdrops.
Sad

Looks like I'll have to go get the bucket and soap for the carwash....

...Just don't be stealin mah bucket!
Xylophagous
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Nov 2007 Posts: 790 Location: Cardboard Box Castle
Ive been trying to get a job for a while too (seasonal is being hired though so Im trying again) but once I have money I wouldnt be opposed to giving some money up to raise funds for phase 4. The forest can only get better and i want to support it how I can.

I know the game is free and thats how its supposed to be and it should always stay that way but maybe donaters can get something within the game or something like a tshirt if they donate to encourage more people to donate. Not that we need anything to donate but Im sure it would make people who normally wouldnt donate consider donating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
The only souvenir I would want from TEF is a mini plushie keyring with either my pictogram or a deer with the pictogram on it. x3
Moogie
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
A much discussed topic already, I assure you. Smile The gods are pondering all manner of ideas.

I want a deer plushie too!
leep
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 Posts: 290 Location: deep in the far and away
In real life I am a fundraiser. If you want help raising funds, I would be happy to do some research for you, review proposals, brainstorm, etc. for no charge.
Lyrak
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
Moogie wrote:
You know what, I think I'd set myself a monthly TEF budget too. But I'm in the same boat as you right now. I've been trying to find a new job for almost a year now. Sad

*Edit: Wow, me saying I'd pay a subscription. I never thought I'd see the day. Laughing

Except that you're talking about voluntary monthly donations out of the goodness of your heart, not pay to play. Wink That's easier for many people to swallow (especially those of us who can't find work).

Hopefully we can come up with something. And woot we have a pro in the Forest to help us! *pats Leep on the back*
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I've done fundraising before.. Sponsored silences, parades in costume (So far a toy soldier and Smeagol from LOTR). My mother is a fundraiser for a baby charity. Smile
Jen
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
There must be another way! We won't give up on The Endless Forest that easily!
leep
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 Posts: 290 Location: deep in the far and away
There are a couple of foundations in the US that fund works of art that are accessible to/interactive with the public. TEF falls under that category. The grants aren't terribly big, but they might be a source of support.