top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Day of the Dead ABIOGENESIS

Nyrina
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
How do you take video? I can only get screen shots, which I'll be putting up soon. I took a lot!
Jen
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
You have to use other programs to take videos, and you need a fast video card or else you'll get major lag! I use a program called Fraps.
Nyrina
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quote
oh okay
Kanter
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote
Jen wrote:
You have to use other programs to take videos, and you need a fast video card or else you'll get major lag! I use a program called Fraps.

I get no lag on my computer but most of my videos look laggy because I kept taking snapshots while filming XD

I won't participate in the next Abiogenesis; for the sake of others with slower computers, but I'll definitely be sitting somewhere watching the Abiocam and filming as much as possible....I'll have to go somewhere out of the way so I don't get attacked by devout stags again x.x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Get the red pelt before you start. Then they can't cast the spells on you. ^^
Kanter
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 am Reply with quote
Ah; I only have to see them cast the devout spell for it to crash my game. Even if I can only see them by pulling the camera all the way down to look horizontally around me- if that spell is cast on my screen I crash.

Aspen's naked again anyway x.x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LK
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quote
Gonna sound like a clueless newbie, lol, but how exactly do you trigger the Abiocam on and how does it work? Embarassed
Kanter
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 am Reply with quote
Go into the graphic menu and one of the check boxes is for the Abiogenesis Camera. When Abiocam is on, your camera automatically follows the abiogenesis- this is usually for those who lag to much to keep up with the party Wink
Jen
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quote
You can also just press CTRL+W to get the Abiocam. Smile It's easy if you want to switch quickly between the two.
Michael
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
huduvudu wrote:
Michael wrote:
Don't worry. We're doing it again tomorrow! Very Happy

Thanks very much! I had been planning on attending this one with a friend but I got in a car accident about an hour before the event and couldn't make it to a computer in time. Embarassed

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're alright.
Michael
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Snippit wrote:
I saw the begining of it, but it froze after a few minutes. My highest fps is usuallly four as it is, so I usually try to avoid large groups of deer. Didn't really work this time, though Confused It was still frozen an hour later, and when I finally got it to close, this came up

Is that bad?

Strange that you see an Internet Explorer dialog box. Are you sure this is related to The Endless Forest? Or was your browser open?
Moogie
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Verizon is an Internet Service Provider, and this message seems to be related to some software Snippit has installed on his machine... possibly his modem? To be honest, it looks like some sneaky spyware. I don't trust these companies and their 'software'... whenever possible, I take the drivers off the CD and install them manually, myself.

By the way, if anybody missed it, you can find the 13 minute Abiogenesis video from yesterday here. Smile
huduvudu
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Moogie wrote:

By the way, if anybody missed it, you can find the 13 minute Abiogenesis video from yesterday here. Smile

Awesome! Many thanks.
Lyrak
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
OMG... I was home... but I forgot about it because I had just found out that Wolfquest was out. o.o;;;;

I missed it! x.x;
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I missed BOTH Abiogenesises! (What's the plural for Abiogenesis, anyway?) I thought the 1st November one was on the 2nd, and by the time I realised that it was 6pm and the 2nd November one would have finished.

And I don't trust my dodgy wireless (I didn't use to have this problem; for some reason my wireless turned spotty without me dong anything) enough to view the video.