top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  The Endless Encyclopedia of TEF Pelts and Sets!

TwoEars
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to The Encyclopedia of TEF Pelts, Antlers, and Masks!

Thanks to everyone the Endless Encyclopedia is finally complete, please enjoy!

Idea The 1st goal is to document all the different accessories a deer can wear- antlers, pelts and masks.
Idea The 2nd goal is to figure out which pieces go together and get those confirmed by Auriea or Michael! (Although it is unlikely they will say want goes with what, so we'll use community consensus.)

Laughing Very Happy Exclamation Current E.E. News: {Updated Nov-07-08}
Arrow Thanks again to Raku we've got the dark brown pelt (the one similar to the Real Deer pelt) and the E.E. is as updated and complete as I can imagine it!
Arrow All images in this thread are now linked from the E.E.'s own photo bucket! I am sorry it took me so long to do this and add new items!
Arrow The next task is to update the URLs of all the images in the Special/Rare/Missing Sets sister-thread.
Arrow I will also compile a bunch of the Wrestler/Luchador masks into an easier-to see picture. If you have long-shots and close ups of the masks please post them!

Thanks again for all your help and patience everyone!

Idea Please note that the many Mardi Gras pelts, masks and antlers are listed here:http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3687 and here:http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest/carnival.html

Idea Special, rare or missing pelts, masks, and antlers are listed
here: http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81251

Idea A direct link to the Endless Encyclopedia photo bucket is
here: http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo133/Endless_Encyclopedia/

Zombie Deer Set:

(A tad hard to see, but the fawn is also wearing the candle antlers!)

Zombie Fawn Set:

(Thank you for the image Gracie!)

Crying Mask and Candle Antlers:

[size=9](This mini deer is wearing the mask and antlers, the set's pelt is the default pelt! Thanks for the image Jen!)

Day of the (Dead) Deer Set:

(Thanks for the two DOTD images sockpuppie!)

Day of the (Dead) Deer Set w/o Mask:

(Image from Fincayra's forum icon. Thank you!)

Noh Mask:

Noh Mask Set:

(Thanks for the image Verdalas!)

Noh Mask Pelt Back:

Antelope Set:

(Thank you for the standing image Raku!)

Antelope Set on Sleeping Deer:

Real Deer Set:

Dark Brown Pelt:

(It seems that this pelt has no 'set' but could be used as an alternate to the Real Deer pelt. Thank you for the image Raku!)

Golden Butterfly Set:

(Thanks for the name and image, Verdalas!)

Forest God Mask:

(So called after the deer Forest God from Princess Mononoke, it is assumed that this has no other parts/ is not part of a set)

Wrestler (Luchador) Masks:

(These masks can only be obtained from one of the Twin Gods during an Abiogenesis-type event. There is an Orange Mask, Blue Mask and Green Mask.)

Fan Set:

(Thanks again Verdalas!)

Beluga/Space Helm or "Space Beluga" Set:

(Thank you for the screenshot Tae!)

Space Beluga Concept Art:

Kabuki Mask:

Kabuki Mask Set:

Kabuki Mask Concept Art:

Red and Purple Flowers- Fawn:

(Thank you for the image SarieBearie!)

Red and Purple Flowers- Adult:

(Thank you for the purple flowers Raku and for the red flowers Dijoru!)

All Red Pelt:

(This is a unique pelt in that it is the only long-lasting pelt you can cast on yourself.
Thank you for the adult image Dijoru and for the fawn image SarieBearie! )

Old Deer/Version One Deer:

(Not a true set, and not often seen. If a person plays TEF using the first version, aka V1, their deer will appear to be very old. The player cannot see the pelt themselves, only players with newer versions will.)

Fawn-Only Sets:
(Thank you Raku for all the images!)

Brown Spot Pelt:

Blue Stripe Pelt:

Swirly Pelt:

Purple and Orange Pelt:

Brown Haze Pelt:

Let's keep this project growing!
Arrow Post different matching combinations and sets so we can talk about them!
Arrow Once combinations are decided I'll stick them up in this first post!
Arrow We should also decide as a group what to call the sets and items.
Arrow Help the project by trying to get all one set for your deer and catch a good screenie!
Arrow Also screenies of just single individual parts- masks antlers or pelts are good so we can piece together the full sets.

Thanks again to everyone for helping & putting up with me while I sound like a snobbish wikipedia article!

Last edited by TwoEars on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:52 am; edited 65 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Verdalas
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I'm not sure if this is the right pelt..

The.. Golden Butterfly set?

Edit: I near-enough have that set (The antelope one) but I have the deer skull mask instead..

Last edited by Verdalas on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
TwoEars
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Looks right to me. I wonder what Michael will say about the pelts?

Nice screenie BTW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lyrak
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
Yeah I always wondered that... because Michael always said that they go as a set, but I have no idea what goes to what for the most part. Thought I DO know that the deer mask goes with the light-brown spotted pelt, because if you get close enough, there are spots on the mask that match it.
gameman581
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote
do the gold horn looking antlers go with the blue one?

I think this is the deer set -

(the one on the right)
Verdalas
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, in the manual, pressing 'C' (I think) makes the deer look at you. It also applies if you're behind your deer and you rotate your camera.. The deer follows the camera's movement as best it can!
TwoEars
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Lyrak wrote:
Yeah I always wondered that... because Michael always said that they go as a set, but I have no idea what goes to what for the most part. Thought I DO know that the deer mask goes with the light-brown spotted pelt, because if you get close enough, there are spots on the mask that match it.

Yes, everything goes with (most) everything else. And I'm sure Michael is just going to sit back and let us puzzle it out for ourselves! Laughing

Yes, the dark brown speckled pelt and deer-face mask do go together, and I think that the white antlers or the fan-like brown antlers go with that as well.

Here's a blown-up (and therefore pixelated) pic of the idea I just mentioned.

I snatched it from http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2223 hope you don't mind!!!

Then again, perhaps the large white antlers go with the white&black (some call it blue) pelt? I think that the dark brown fan antlers might match the deer-face mask and dark brown pet rather well.

Last edited by TwoEars on Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
gameman581
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
heres a better picture of my idea -
Lyrak
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
If you ever see it on the lighter brown pelt, the deer mask actually matches even better to that one. Smile

And I think the blue pelt goes with the pronghorn antlers and the "emo face" mask. lol

And as a random note... if there's ANY chance at all the pngs can be converted to jpeg before upload, they are MUCH easier on the bandwidth. <3 *kicks her internet*
TwoEars
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
Lyrak wrote:
If you ever see it on the lighter brown pelt, the deer mask actually matches even better to that one. Smile

And I think the blue pelt goes with the pronghorn antlers and the "emo face" mask. lol

And as a random note... if there's ANY chance at all the pngs can be converted to jpeg before upload, they are MUCH easier on the bandwidth. <3 *kicks her internet*

{Edit:}
*kicks her obsessive impulse save things as PNGs*

Oy, sorry! Yes, I'll try to do that...

More images!

Sorta red and brown pelt...

Fan antlers with deer mask and dark brown spotted pelt, though the light brown spotted pelt does match the mask, so this combo can't be correct...

Last edited by TwoEars on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
swiftdeer2
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote
i think there's only a few sets that are actually supposed to be sets, a lot of accessories really don't look like they go with anything to me, or could go equally well with more than one thing, but of course i could be wrong Shocked at least i don't think they could all be part of a set because there's not an equal number of pelts, masks, and antlers, right?

the black (or blue) pelt also might go with the white beluga mask

the dark brown fan antlers could match either the dark brown pelt with spots, or the other dark brown one with yellow stripes

or maybe the one with yellow stripes goes with the gold horn antlers and that gold and red mask?

the little stubby orangish-brown antlers might go with the orange and brown pelt, though i think that pelt looks kinda nice with the fan antlers too...

the only ones i'm pretty sure about are that "golden butterfly" one and the light brown (not dark brown) spotted pelt with the deer mask and the big white antlers, but again i could be wrong Shocked
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
There's the Jester/Joker set..

I don't have an image, but it's the Trumpet antlers, the clown mask and the blonde with red stripe pelt. If I can, I'll try and find an image..
Michael
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
TwoEars wrote:
And I'm sure Michael is just going to sit back and let us puzzle it out for ourselves! Laughing

Smile
Lyrak
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
There's the Jester/Joker set..

I don't have an image, but it's the Trumpet antlers, the clown mask and the blonde with red stripe pelt. If I can, I'll try and find an image..

Buh? Red stripes? Clown mask? O.o Wait... by red striped do you mean the pinkish one? I wouldn't call that blonde. XD
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote
e_e To me, it's blonde and red.

But that's a set, I'll try and get a shot of it now..

EDIT

Here we go! remembered now, it was on the Endless Forest gallery..

Last edited by Verdalas on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total