top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Suggested Merchandises to help with Phase Funding

TwoEars
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Bunnisteffi wrote:
Stehuaa wrote:
TwoEars wrote:
Here's an idea, a tiny patch of Velcro on the deer's nose and between it's ears, why? So you can change which antlers and masks the deer is wearing! Wouldn't that be cute?!

And little deer-coats for each different pelt Wink

Hmm... The Velcros would have to be tiny, and the same color as the base-deer plushie (We're talking about plushie still, yes?). I like the little deer-coats. It sounds so... little. And cute Wink .

Would you guys like to start a new thread for the deer-coat encyclopedia? Or start a website on Blogger or LJ on it? It would be easier to check for the pelts if we have a main thing to look from. Smile

My original Idea is that there would be a number of plushes each with a different coat so you wouldn't have to bother with the possible difficulties of changing a coat.

But deer coats ae so cute sounding... *ponders*

I'll start up an encyclopedia thread right now, I remember there being a screenie of a deer wearing the full antelope (or whatever it is) set.

Here is a link, I stuck it in the 'Life in the Forest' forum, hope that makes sense.

http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226

Perhaps if we get a big enough group it will become part of the new version of the website they're putting up soon?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stehuaa
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Mar 2007 Posts: 431 Location: Sticking my nose in after a long time away...and feeling old
I'll admit I was being a little facetious. Embarassed Bad me.

Changeable coats would be similar to how the game itself works, but would be more difficult than pushies with different pelts. The Velcro antlers and masks sound perfect, however.
Lyrak
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
I used to have plush toys, made entirely of such a material that velcro stuck easily to them (so no need for patches), that were like dress-up dolls. They had clothing, faces, etc that you could stick on, and it was only the stick-on bits that had the velcro, since the toys themselves were made of fuzzy material.

Maybe this idea could work. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what those toys were called to let you be able to look them up.
TwoEars
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote
Lyrak wrote:
I used to have plush toys, made entirely of such a material that velcro stuck easily to them (so no need for patches), that were like dress-up dolls. They had clothing, faces, etc that you could stick on, and it was only the stick-on bits that had the velcro, since the toys themselves were made of fuzzy material.

Maybe this idea could work. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what those toys were called to let you be able to look them up.

I think felt would work, very very fuzzy felt with clingy velcro on the masks & antlers.

Although you do run the risk of pulling out some of the felt if you change the parts very often...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wolfyttwisted
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quote
When I was a little girl, I had a plush called a Doodle Bear. It was white and came with these special markers that washed out. You were supposed to draw clothes on it and stuff.

We could always see if we could make deer plushies out of that and design, wash out, redraw our favorite pelts!
Kanter
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
Wolfyttwisted wrote:
When I was a little girl, I had a plush called a Doodle Bear. It was white and came with these special markers that washed out. You were supposed to draw clothes on it and stuff.

We could always see if we could make deer plushies out of that and design, wash out, redraw our favorite pelts!

I used to love doodlebears!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wildbluesun
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I was boring and left them white. XD I hated my drawings and preferred pristine snow..
TwoEars
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote
That's so awesome!

Maybe we could make multiple versions, some where the pelts are preset and one pure white pelt (just like one of the enchanted deer you get after praying) which you could leave blank or draw designs on!

That would sell well too I think, because then you could create fully 3D pelts and not have to draw the deer! (let alone draw it in multiple angles!)

All it would require is that we have a fairly large amount of colors for those washable markers!
Michael
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Haha. The white ones could serve as design tools for pelt creation. Smile
Lyrak
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Michael wrote:

YESSS!!!! That would rock. Smile
TwoEars
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quote
Lyrak wrote:
Michael wrote:

YESSS!!!! That would rock. Smile

Ja ja! Exactally right!
TwoEars
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:54 am Reply with quote
Sorry to be resurrecting an older thread, but it's an important one, no? Smile

I'm suggesting an artist I love- DesignSlave to make the deer plushies. She's really talented when it comes to sewing and designing plushes. I think she could do a great job making some adorable deer plushies!

(Click the link, it's her DA account!)
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Don't worry about bumping old threads - no one cares all that much. ^^ (Unless you were spamming...)

Her stuff is so cute! She'd probably work, yes, but does she mass-produce, or make one-offs? To generate any real income (which is what merchandise is all about, right?) they'd need to be lots of each item.
Lyrak
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I've seen topics revived that were over a year old. LOL

Anyway, I dunno... I mean, clearly she is talented at sewing, but her work is very stylized. I'm not a big fan of "chibi" plushies... and I certainly don't think that style would work for something TEF related. :\
Lachlan
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 200 Location: in ur trees, scarin ur fawns.
Off-topic'd a little bit for going back on how the plushie'll work subject, but what about masks that you can tie on with string? And antlers that are made of plastic or something that you stick in two holes in the head that have some mechanism to lock them into place? xD