top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Feature requests

taytay101
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
Arrow A herd option.
Arrow A male / female deer option.
Arrow Having pets follow you around, be able to pick the pet, (riding on your back ect.) and it be able to cast spells on you.
Arrow I think you should add tail styles.
Arrow Be able to have childern.
Arrow Be able to roll in mud, swim, and lay on side.
Arrow Put a "Play Dead" action on there.
Arrow Be able to fight with other male deer.
Arrow Being able to start your own herd, fight for dominants, ect.
Arrow And seasons.
Arrow Also being able to turn into a wolf when you please.
Arrow And be able to eat the grass and bushes.
Arrow Also growing in your life baby, adult, elder, ect.
SilverHarleyDeer
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Sep 2011 Posts: 42 Location: Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one...
And be able to eat the grass and bushes.
Also growing in your life baby, adult, elder, ect.
And seasons.

love these the most
Raz
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
taytay101 wrote:
Arrow A herd option.
Arrow Having pets follow you around, be able to pick the pet, (riding on your back ect.) and it be able to cast spells on you.
Arrow And seasons.

You can be a female deer with the "doe nubs"

You can also "have children" in a sence where you just make another fawn for two characters.

You can fight.

Herds are a No, I can't remember why. But most people disagreed against them.

NO WOLVES.
SilverHarleyDeer
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Sep 2011 Posts: 42 Location: Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one...
Yeah, I think people would all be trolls and 'hunt' down all the deer who wanted peace. My fawn would not like that.
forza-di-cielo
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Arrow Seasons
Arrow Cave or a tunnel
Exclamation Arrow Actions while laying down
Arrow Extra dance moves to do while dancing (without interrupting the dance)
Arrow Yellow or another color flowers
Arrow More emotions
Snowhoof
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Andarain wrote:
oooh....all this talk of the thick forest and watefall makes me want to draw it...i shall! i need to draw some scenery for practice. what about combining the two?

Imagine a deep, thick forest where you could walk in circles without knowing it, and at its heart a grove where a waterfall tumbles out of a sudden rock spire that long ago was once something bigger, falling into the small, shallow lake below. All is dark, as no sunlight can filter through the thick canopy of leaves, but small fireflies hover over the water, and the water itsself seems to glow softly. Deer and Forest creature allike come to think and reflect, or dance and play in the cool waters of the lake, where no risk of loosing pellt or magic looms, and fawns are in safety.

I know firelflies would probably kill the servers capacity, but we can dream...

YES! YES! YES! Here is my own list of ideas...
Waterfall

Special camera mode for photography

Ophelia: a magical figure who appears in the pond once in a while who can cast a spell on you, like maybe giving you the ability to turn into a fish whenever you enter the water (kinda like what happens in the pond with the frogs, except you keep your spells, and the fish thing would apply to the pond as well) or a special outfit (that I may post some concept art on)

Actions while laying down, like yawning or something like that.

Tail spells.

Trails/paths.

Companion animal that follows you around (or sits on your back) this would be permanent (unless you dismissed them, then you could either 'call' a new one or stay companionless- it's also optional to get one in the first place) the list of potential companions might be:
squirrel
crow
frog
rabbit
turtle
fox
owl
bat
butterfly/dragonfly?
bluebird
mouse?
maybe stray kitten/puppy(baby at first, then after 2 weeks of having it it would grow up)? it would add to the idea that humans either are still here and being very quiet about it, or were once here
note: if the animal you call you don't like, you can call again and again until you get the one you want, but to keep it you need to save your game.

Archaeology (objects hidden here and there in the forest that can be dug up)

Planting flowers- Maybe it could be something like: If you faithfully wear the same plants on your antlers for a long time, and you look after them long enough (drinking lots of water), you get the same plants sprouting directly FROM the antlers. And if you keep tending them, they fruit. And you eat the fruit and you can grow prettier/more flowers next time round. (we could have a 'shake head violently' option, to 'drop'/'plant' the fruits, so you could create your own little patch of flowers. And a 'pollinate the flowers' option, with which two (or maybe more) deer could entwine their beflowered-antlers to pollinate them, then fruits would grow.)

More ambient animals (rabbits, turtles, owls, raccoons, maybe bluebirds? bluebirds would look like the tiny birds in the birch forest(except blue))

More shapeshifting options (foxes, turtles, raccoons, owls, bluebirds)

Magical creatures that can give special spell powers (Sadawaar, Baba
Yaga, centaurs, etc) Unicorns!

Little hiding spots, like the space under one of the Big Rocks. (Similar to caves)

A tunnel, one that resembles a rabbit warren

Caves. I LOVE the idea of caves to explore. (maybe there could be glowing mushrooms that we could eat inside, and they could either make you glow or change your voice!)

Flower/Fruit/Fern/Leaf Antler-combos! It would be cool to have poppies and candles, or ferns and blueberry-type flowers.

More food, like berries from bushes and grass. (They could give you tail spells! Or maybe be a way to change your voice without a mask!)

Hotkey access to actions from keyboard

Rain dance

Different types of roaring (like barking and yipping, not just mooing.)

More emotions and expressions (happy, follow me, bucking, tired, goodbye)

More "areas" of the Forest, preferably a thick forest area- I love the atmosphere of the Forest, but I'd love an area that's hard to navigate through and easy to get lost in.

A shallow lake or river (with the aforementioned waterfall?) For those who want to play in water without losing spells

Bushes, with interactions, like eating berries and/or leaves... rustling the brush with antlers... thicker Forest vegetation

More weather- A higher frequency of precipitation (especially rain). It's so relaxing! And I've only seen it snow once...

Last edited by Snowhoof on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Letodeer
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
So let me be the mean Noob here..... will any of this actually come true.. or are we just daydreaming?
I really wish we can play tag........... Sad
kasiawar98
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Arrow More trees
Arrow Bushes
Arrow More trunks, broken trees and animals (snakes)
Arrow Continuous introduction of day and night
Merleawe
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
Arrow Male and female traits and appearance differences.

Just because It would be nice to recognize if someone is male or female as an extra cute feature Smile

taytay101 wrote:
Arrow A herd option.
Arrow And seasons.

Some of these would be nice. It would bring more people together. As it stands right now, nothing in the game supports family and friend connections very well.
Raz
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
I think because, originally the game was never intended to properly support friends and family things. You were just supposed to be a semi-anonymous deer (Aside from the picto used for identification) interacting with other semi-anonymous deer whilst enjoying the scenery. And the game relied on the players memory to recall other's pictos.

There were ideas about implementing a "mother doe" that your deer would interact with. Or something.

And as for the male/female traits...I'm not sure if they'd do that since TECHNICALLY every deer is a stag, hence "you are a stag" and it goes against the games regime. And even then, the game had a quirk where there was a "genderless" option I think it was, and it turned your deer into a pink ball. I don't know if it's still there.

BUT. With how the game is now played, with players having multiple deer and no one sticks to the "you're a stag" meaning players have male or female deer, it would be nice to be able to identify a deer's gender. Mostly because people have or had antlered does and then antlerless stags.
I think Pega had the idea ages ago of coloured pictos, blue for boys and pink for girls.
Scape
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
I said colored pictos for showing moods. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raz
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
8D; oh. Close enough? |DDD
Echosong
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quote
- A barn owl set please. I think this would fit in well, because of the muted colors.
- More actions- follow me, help, thank you, go away please, etc.
-A cave! With roots poking through the ceiling... and dripping water.

I might add some more to this later...
Starling
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I think the actions we have already cover your requests. c:

Scratch the ground = Follow me (or possibly help)
Bow = Thankyou
Taunt = Go away (please?)
LynnaWaters
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
this thread is huge! So im sorry if im saying something soemone else already said. Uhm, there was talk about wolfs and making baby deer.
I have an idea: First off, we all start as fawn. Now, depending on your actions, you should turn either into a female deer or a male deer. Meaning, if you are mostly grazing, eating mushrooms of the trees and sniffing hugging other deer, you'll become a female. If you're more shaking trees to get the cones down, hopping around and doing actions to show off, such as bucking your head forward or standing on your hind legs, youll become a stag. Then, Stag got big antlers, so they can shush away wolfs. Female should be able to run fater (they dont have the whole antler weight) so they can get away from wolves. Ontop, females should be able to "adopt" fawns as theirs by givign them a safety buff, that gives them a speed buff when she thinks theres danger coming. She should also have better aiming, such as lighting up trees or grass or a spot with water, in order to show new fawn around.
Then, a male should be able to have a small herd of female (in natue i think its one male for like 4 or 5 females), they should have green picto's, the male a darker green (so you can find him easily when youer in danger and need him to protect you). To add someone to your herd, you must sniff at them and rub your necks together and then nod if you agree to it. Maybe do this multiple times, the more you do it the closer you get with the other deer. This means the females can bring in alot of ppl in the herd, and when one of the fawns grows into a male its up to the stag if he allows him in or not. (the dark green color will grow more strong each time the male wins). About babies: When your deer dies, it can reincarnate into its own fawn. Also, newly born fawn are not having a picto. When someone registers, they will become your fawn (random chance which fawn they become), so as the parents you see your fawn has gotten a picto now. So, if a wolf gets you, you can live if you aren't that wounded, and heal over time, or if you die you can reincarnate into your fawn and have all the skins still that you collected over time. But you can only reincarnate and save your skins when you had an "empty" fawn. Wolves, They should be an option, but I am not sure which one yet. Maybe you can become an evil deer in some sort of way, like, if youre fighting alot with other deer and keep losing you'd become a bitter deer, and if you then even go on fighting you become a deer looking for revenge. Then maybe you one day go to sleep and wake up as a wolf... Ahh this would make the game really cool actually, there'd have to be alot of hiding spots and there would be made nests by the females to protect the herd and the fawns, while the stags go out and stay watch.. There shouldnt be a limit on how big the herd can be, just this option shuold be there so you can see who you didnt sniff yet. I dont think pictos should become bigger from deers that are yelling when you have never emt them.. Because you wouldnt know what they sound like.. You would hear a sound, and maybe this could be indicated as a star, but not a picto.