top_image

<  Quotes  ~  Favourite quotes?

Fayne
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Mar 2008 Posts: 1428 Location: The Shadow Gallery
I have three. First one's by yours truly.
"I have complete confidence in my abnormalities."

Next two are by my two favorite people in the world, Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson.

"But what if they dropped the gay bomb...would it make certain people straight?"
"That's an interesting question."

~

"When in doubt?"
"Get the heck out!"
Laughing
path to home
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
Carpe diem post crastinum

ultimate procrastinators quote

translation - seize the day, tomorrow
Kogy
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these." ~ George Washington Carver
Kumiko
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Apr 2008 Posts: 159 Location: The Endless Forest
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life."

- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear"

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Blackfeathr
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Posts: 949 Location: In the box under your stairs...
I LOVE JASON HAWES AND GRANT WILSON
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dracowulf
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:16 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Jun 2007 Posts: 225 Location: een ur mmmmiiiiiiiiinnnnnd....

The Rules of Writing:
1. Write to discover.
2. There is no greater discovery than love.
3. All love comes from the Creator.
4. Write what you will.
~ from Showdown, by Ted Dekker.

----------------------------------

~ Several from Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - quite possibly my favorite book.
"Well," she said, "I'm seventeen and I'm crazy."

He felt his smile slide away. melt, fold over and down on itself like a tallow skin, like the stuff of a fantastic candle burning too long and now collapsing and now blown out. Darkness. He was not happy. He was not happy. He said the words to himself. He recognized this as the true state of affairs. He wore his happiness like a mask and the girl had run off across the lawn with the mask and there was no way of going to knock on her door and ask for it back.

There are too many of us, he thought. There are billions of us and that's too many. Nobody knows anyone. Strangers come and violate you. Strangers come and cut your heart out. Strangers come and take your blood. Good God, who were those men? I nver saw them before in my life!

"Well, after all, this is the age of the disposable tissue. Blow your nose on a person, wad them, flush them away, reach for another, blow, wad, flush. Everyone using everone else's cattails. How are you supposed to root for the home team when you don't even have a program or know the names? For that matter, what color jerseys are they wearing as they trot out on the field?"

"...Asl yourself, What do we want in this country, above all? People want to be happy, isn't that right? Haven't you heard it all your life? I want to be happy, people say. Well, aren't they? Don't we keep them moving, don't we give them fun? That's all we live for, isn't it? For pleasure, for titillation? And you must admit our culture provides plenty of these."

"I don't talk things, sir," said Faber. "I talk the meaning of things. I sit here and know I'm alive."

"...Even when we had the books on hand, a long time ago, we didn't use what we got out of them. We went right on insulting the dead. We went right on spitting in the graves of all the poor ones who died before us. We're going to meet a lot of lonely people in the next week and the next month and the next year. And when they ask us what we're doing, you can say, We're remembering."

----------------------------------

The only people who are truly insane are the ones who refuse to admit they're crazy. Which means we've got a lot of real nut-jobs running around down here...
~ Yours truly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fenqua
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 May 2008 Posts: 174 Location: In a field of flowers
I like John F. Kennedy quotes, he was a wise man I think.

Example: 'Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.'
Bellamy
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quote
Blackfeathr wrote:

DID YOU HEAR THAT LOL
Fayne
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Mar 2008 Posts: 1428 Location: The Shadow Gallery
Bellamy wrote:
Blackfeathr wrote:

DID YOU HEAR THAT LOL

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

LOUDER
LK
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This one was probably already mentioned, but:
Quote:
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote:
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

- Albert Einstein

I have sooo many more but they're usually from books or from Isaac Asimov.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Here's a quote from a book from Isaac Asimov, which is in large type because it deserves it.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.

And again, but louder:

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
JPGInc
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote
I love douglass adams awesome mind

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible"
Arthur C. Clarke

"All men (and women Laughing ) dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act ther dream with open eyes to make it possible"
T.E. Lawrence

I've got those quotes and a couple of others on my desktop of a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster. Watch out world here I come!
makeshifter
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2007 Posts: 1720 Location: It's remarkable the smile you make just by showing up.
LK wrote:

Quote:
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

amputation
LK
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of armaggedon I shall not compromise in this."

- Rorschach
Taijitu
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 167 Location: I am the thread bumper, hear me roar!
"Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) British poet and playwright.

"We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." - T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965)

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) British poet and playwright.