top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Any Animal MMORPGs???

Deos
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote
Moogie wrote:
Deos: It's all in English, although some translations are difficult to understand. But with a little patience, you can figure everything out.

As for the races, here's a couple of examples;

http://bp2.blogger.com/_L1yVeZMwKGg/Rfmh2Wuqs_I/AAAAAAAAAAc/qKEa5Seeshk/s1600-h/pw+screenie.jpg
http://moyzu.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/05.jpg

There's Winged Elves, Werebeasts, Werefoxes and Humans. Werebeasts can transform into tigers. Werefoxes can transform into foxes. Winged elves have wings and can fly from the outset. Humans have no 'special' abilities, but can use a large variety of weapons, and can be either warriors or mages.

Males can carry females around (as in that second screenshot), even while riding a mount, or flying.

All animations are absolutely top-notch, and the graphics completely own WoW. Smile But at the same time, you can turn most of the detail settings down if you're playing on a low-end PC or old laptop.

Ah, great Smile Can i see a screenshot of the tiger transformation? I think i've seen the fox already.. Both male and female characters if you can Smile

Last edited by Deos on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Wildbluesun
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Moogie wrote:
Males can carry females around (as in that second screenshot), even while riding a mount, or flying.

What happened to the strong females?!

Also, I really, really, really want to see an MMO (apart from Runescape) that doesn't sexualise females.

Moogie wrote:
tell them you're Moogie's friend, and they'll answer any questions you might have.

Sounds like a line out of a Mafia film. XD

All these games sound really interesting, but whenever I start playing MMOs I get addicted and lose time for writing...so I can't. =(
Ker
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
@Foresticia
try sticking a number in the name, theres something below the username box that says there needs to be Both letters and numbers.
At least, thats what I had to do Razz
Moogie
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I formatted recently so I've got hardly anything installed yet.. but I'll get round to cropping some screenshots and uploading them for you. I have a few tiger-riding shots, group shots, combat etc. Smile
Moogie
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Here's a few pics. :]

http://www.soulsreach.net/images/perfectworld/
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I love the tiger. =) The burning eyes look so cool.

And the one with the moon in it is just beautiful...
Deos
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Hm.. Let me guess.. Is that white tiger a player toon? Well, it's almost good if so..

Im by far not a fan of anime style and syrup colors.. For example, that girl with human face and fox(?) ears doesn't attract me. Purple fog on the eyes of that tiger.. sigh..

Well, my nonorthodox taste has grown in patience, upon the dry bones from the dinner table of the thousands of human-centric games. I could play WoW for 3 years, which is not much better than hyper-anime-syrup game, only because of druid shapeshifting..

Thanks for the shots.. I'd love to see female tigers also, shapeshifted(if there is a difference) and in normal form. I always see the same male tiger on shots ;/
Moogie
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
Female werebeasts (called Werefoxes) become foxes. Smile
Deos
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quote
Lol. That's kinda sad and funny %) How do these tigers and foxes breed if they have no partners? %)) Guess it was too challenging to create a female tiger and male fox, eh? Wink

Probably they use feral wild animals to ..*cough* O.o Ok, i gotta stop now Very Happy
Accario
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 Posts: 64 Location: In Nightopia, flying with NiGHTS.
Ok..So..Someone want to explain to me how to get Horizons running? Crying or Very sad I'm very confused. I supposedly have it installed, but whenever I click the 'Play Horizons' icon, I'm taken to the website. I've created an account and run the patcher thing(which said something about some file failing to install..). I still can't figure out how to get to the actual GAME. Someone help meeeee. Crying or Very sad
Aurel
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Hm.

I've decided to give Perfect World a try. TEF is the closest I've ever come to actually playing an MMO, though, so I'm a little intimidated. Laughing

It's downloading right now...all 2GB of it. Shocked Well, at least it's only going to take seven hours or so. I've spent days downloading a file of the same size before, and I can't say I or my laptop are willing to repeat the experience!
WindHowler
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Somewhere, Somehow...Someplace
I'm on Perfect World now! It's a good game Very Happy
Moogie
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
Deos wrote:
Lol. That's kinda sad and funny %) How do these tigers and foxes breed if they have no partners? %)) Guess it was too challenging to create a female tiger and male fox, eh? Wink

Probably they use feral wild animals to ..*cough* O.o Ok, i gotta stop now Very Happy

I have absolutely no idea, but I would guess procreation occurs in their humanoid forms, rather than their animal-transformations... Wink

Anyone playing on Oracle server, feel free to add Moogie to your friends lists, and I'll gladly guide anyone who feels lost or has absolutely no idea what they're doing. Smile
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
According to a friend who downloaded Perfect World for trying out, there's not an international server yet? I haven't tried downloading it yet because my internet doesn't want to last for the six hour download.

But yeah, is there an actual english server which can be played on at the moment? I really want to play this game.. Confused
Moogie
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quote
Yes, the Malaysian (.my) version (link posted above) is in English. Smile