top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  The Path Ending (Spoilers!)

AerisNadia
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
At the end when you be the girl in white and when she comes back from grandmas house she has a blood stained dress and then all the girls come back. Does anybody think that maybe its implying the the grandma might be a wolf too and the girl in white cut them out of the "belly" like in the original story? It sounds stupid but does anybody hear what im getting at?

Also, I heard somwhere that the girl in white is a wolf too but felt the regret because she hurt somebody also. I was wondering if maybe the grandma might be the one she hurt. Just a thought. Wink
Emriss
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Not stupid at all. It's been suggested several times before, and I personally think it makes a lot of sense.

Noteworthy bit about the The Path USB drive: on it, among other things, there are files with each girl and her wolf. With the Girl in White, Grandma is where the wolf is for the other girls.
AerisNadia
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info! Smile
shojakka
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Nov 2009 Posts: 148 Location: RI, USA (teehee, acronyms)
the wolf ate grandma and wore her body as a way of tricking the little reds
AerisNadia
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
thats an interesting idea but why would the girls all have different wolves?
Mink_LaLa
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 May 2010 Posts: 5 Location: Under the sky so blue
Maybe the wolves don't actually exist; maybe they're psychological.

As for the girl in white being a wolf...she wasn't actually in white, she was in red. Maybe the wolf only looked like the girl in white.

Maybe I'm complete off base with both of those.
Donna
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I think of wolves more as a metaphor, than actual creatures/people.

It looked to me like GiW killed Grandma and ended a life cycle. Then the girls are 'reborn' to explore the forest once again :]
redmech78
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I think of wolves more as a metaphor, than actual creatures/people.

Definitely a possible interpretation.

...though, I keep coming back to that picture Aureia posted under her development blog: The Woodsman's Daughter.
Bayleen
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:47 am Reply with quote
I don't know much about the old story so I can't say...

I think that the wolves are definitely along the lines of being more of a metaphor.

I've always thought that the reason the girls come back again is because it's like...life. You stray from the right path/safe path and though there have been people to help you, (GiW) you still disobey. Then you finally learn your lesson and something disatstrous/traumatic happens (the reds meet their wolf). You have to pay the price (the "tour" through Grandma's house/images after?). Afterwards you've given another chance (the girls come back after you play GiW). And the whole thing is a cycle.
Donna
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you, Bayleen! When you make a big mistake in life/something really bad happens to you, you have to go through a really painful process of getting back to your feet. And once you're back, it feels as if you were reborn, in a way. At least that's what it feels like to me.
Bayleen
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Yuz XD Yup! That's what I think! Laughing

I also thought that perhaps the GiW is a form of God/Jesus? I know that the games that ToT do don't necessarily involve religion (except for Salome, in which that story was from the Bible), but...I don't know. I am a Christian, btw, (NO OFFENSE OF THOSE WHO AREN'T) so I just kind of thought about the Christian thoughts and that's what I came up with...
GiW is always leading the girls back to the path (like God leads people onto the right path). In the end when there's blood on her dress, it simbolizes the way Jesus died on the cross for us and shed blood for us, taking on our sins. I don't know xP Just another theory.
Eskarina
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Just a thought that came about based on seeing that artwork, is it possible even that the GiR is a ghost, perhaps a murdered daughter of Carmen's 'Wolf', so she's restless and angry and so 'takes' Ginger in some way?

As for the GiW, I I can really see the idea of her also being a wolf, especially from seeing that picture. She's tempting the girl away into the forest. Heck, they might even have been sisters, perhaps GiW somehow killed her twin, by accident or on purpose. Just because she's a wolf, doesn't necessarily mean she's an evil one.

Certainly it at least explains why she's got a tent at the campsite. Wink
ShannaXD
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the GiW is just a symbol for all the innocent little girls like them. She is the voice inside their head saying "don't it's too dangerous". So she pulls them back to the path.