top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Fiesta

Spes
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:42 am Reply with quote
I have recently discovered a game made by a developer called Outspark and thought I'd share with yall. Its a free MMORPG that I find to be quite fun. It markets itself as a "causal gamer's game" and is pretty relaxing.
The I find that I will likely be spending a lot of my time there, but I will not leave Endless anytime soon. It is good as an MMO, but I have never found any other game that captures the true meaning of RPG quite like The Endless Forest. Smile
Lyrak
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
Care to elaborate on the game a bit more? What's it about? What's it play like? etc.
Kalira
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Aug 2007 Posts: 264 Location: munching on flowers
It keeps getting recommended to me, but I can't recall why I keep backing away from it. Either I've picked up a mental picture of it not being unique enough for me or it's a "play for free, but all the good stuff is for paying members and we'll put up a big obnoxious popup every time you find one to remind you of all you're missing by not paying $500000 a minute to play our fairly unremarkable game."

Or maybe I just forgot to look at it. I dunno. It's in my "games to try" folder.
Virgilius
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Fiesta was boring and the graphics stuck out too much and plus their recent one (which I got in for Open Beta) called Secret of the Solstice (SOS) was just nothing more than a soulless Ragnarok clone; there's just nothing new about it. I like MMO's where you get into character, like the PW's in Neverwinter Nights. Like this one: http://www.halloftheworlds.com/html/index.htm
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
What's a PW?
Virgilius
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
Persistent World; you could base an online scenario on a world like Dragonlance or Harry Potter or you could be original and create your own Razz