top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  What games do you play in the Forest?

Michael
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
In the context of "player-created content" being such a buzz word in the games industry, I'd like to make a blog post about player-created gameplay. Which is what many of you have been doing in The Endless Forest. Very Happy

Please reply to this post with short descriptions and perhaps names of the games that you have been playing in the Forest.
Some have been mentioned before throughout this forum but I'd like to collect them all in this thread.
Anduin
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quote
Haha. Well, here's a few I can think of quickly myself:

Follow the Leader- Copy someone else. Gets better the more deers you have- see Tiny Twins of Terror.

I Want...- Try to change a new friend to the pelt/antler/mask combo they actually want. Then, figure out what game they want to play next!

Dance Attack- Gather as many deers as you can, begin to shake it down, and hope that the others get the idea.

Turn Everyone White- Someone prays at the Twins and then turns as many others as possible white too before it wears off. Pass it around, etc, and keep it going as long as possible (AKA, until everyone goes off the chase butterflies instead).

Fly!- Find a tall area of land, and jump continuously while running off it. Best if you can pull it off so that you go over a group of others, or the pond if you're feeling dangerous.

Tiny Twins (or Triplets, Octuplets, etc.) of Terror- Become small, find or make other(s) look like you, and create mischief by following a larger deer and/or doing the same thing at the same time.
Stehuaa
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Mar 2007 Posts: 431 Location: Sticking my nose in after a long time away...and feeling old
Like the list, Anduin! But I have a few to add...
Leapfrog: Find a deer. Charge at them, full speed, and leap! It's harder than it sounds to make it a perfect shot...
And this isn't really a game, but whenever I find a frog I like to start hopping about with it. Just 'cause I can. Wink
Demayetay Taheris
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I like to find someone who likes the transfiguring as much as i do. Then we sit and relax in a mushroom circle, till we fall asleep (best done while its raining cos i love when it rains in the forest). Then get up and transform each other. If its two doves, then we always fly about, and cast on other dear. If its frogs, I like to hop about and ribbit at other deer. Then if its just a smaller dear... i'm a little disappointed, haha.
Fincayra
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
Quote: Turn Everyone White- Someone prays at the Twins and then turns as many others as possible white too before it wears off. Pass it around, etc, and keep it going as long as possible (AKA, until everyone goes off the chase butterflies instead).

- - -

I think that has happened to me before. o.O; I aimlessly wandered through The Forest one day and happened upon the Twin Gods. As soon as the group of white deer hanging out nearby saw me, they changed my pelt white. Although I shook my head no numerous times and sneezed the white pelt off (I really liked the pelt and antler combination I had), they kept changing me.
Was it you? *suspicious look* XDDD
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Chase - the simplest game of all. Just run around in a herd, trying to meet up with other people.

Stalk The God - if it's Abiogenesis, STAMPEDE after the Twin Gods. Follow the little balls of light. Locate and dance with the big/golden deer. If it isn't Abiogenesis, just try and spot Auriea (if you've figured out her pictogram) or Michael and go play with them.

I Can Breakdance! - fiddle around with the laughing emote. Somersault, go round in circles, everything. Do this with someone else; see who can pull off the crazier stunt.
Stehuaa
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Mar 2007 Posts: 431 Location: Sticking my nose in after a long time away...and feeling old
Wildbluesun wrote:
I Can Breakdance! - fiddle around with the laughing emote. Somersault, go round in circles, everything. Do this with someone else; see who can pull off the crazier stunt.

YES! I figured this out a few days ago, and keep getting funny looks for it.
"That was so funny it made me...Breakdance!"

Another game of mine: Charge through the forest and hit as many trees as possible. Alternately, use the keyboard arrows to go in a continuous circle and hit the same one repeatedly.
steaminghobo
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
i got a new game for you all find another deer and race to the end of the forest Wink
Redkora
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:57 am Reply with quote
Anduin wrote:

Follow the Leader- Copy someone else. Gets better the more deers you have- see Tiny Twins of Terror.

I Want...- Try to change a new friend to the pelt/antler/mask combo they actually want. Then, figure out what game they want to play next!

Dance Attack- Gather as many deers as you can, begin to shake it down, and hope that the others get the idea.

Turn Everyone White- Someone prays at the Twins and then turns as many others as possible white too before it wears off. Pass it around, etc, and keep it going as long as possible (AKA, until everyone goes off the chase butterflies instead).

Fly!- Find a tall area of land, and jump continuously while running off it. Best if you can pull it off so that you go over a group of others, or the pond if you're feeling dangerous.

I like leapfrog, too. Razz
Syltar
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I believe this isn't on the lists:

The Dizzy Game: While Rofl-ing press the down button on the keyboard. It's better when you get into a big group...or following someone like twins of terror.

Disco: Dance and then start rotating your deer with Left-key and Right-key.
Dare
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 am Reply with quote
There's a new (to me, anyway) dance game going around in the forest.... I'd call it the Antlered-version of Simon/Merlin.

Start dancing with another deer, interrupt the dance with an emote, then go back to dancing, as smoothly as you can. The other deer then copies your action. One deer and I started creating strings of actions to copy mid-dance... it got very challenging and we just gave up laughing : ) Laughing Surprised Laughing
vala
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Aug 2006 Posts: 1864 Location: Around the forest ,where the fun is
What I'm doing Laughing Laughing so... when everybody is asleep I go to sleep also in a mushroomcircle and than I go to change all those big sleeping deer Smile when I 'm a frog I go to jump a little bit in the pond ,with another deer-frog-friend (under the bridge, not to far ..I do not want to loose my magic ) Wink When there are lot of deer awake than I change masks and pelts and antlers and try to convince them to sleep a while in the mushroomcircle but there are a lot of deer who can not wait for a little 5 min. Crying or Very sad Sad
Timberwolf
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote
When you fly over the pond and stop then release from the float by clicking done you can cannonball into the pond.

I have danced with quite a few and I try to add variations of the moves to disco dance, and I have managed to do the breakdance or spin a few times.

Spar with fawns when they start with me, played tag a few nights with spells, chase, hide and seak.

Gone off in the back areas of the forest and played a deer.

Entered the rut to see how much I learn from watching deer in the wild.

Timber
Seed
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 502 Location: In UR Brainz, bee'n a deerz
Devout Pelt Tag: Deer A prays to get the devout pelt, with Deer B through Z waiting by the hill. When Deer A gets the pelt, the chase begins, with Deer A trying to cast the devout pelt spell on one of the participating deer as they run away. When the spell is cast, Deer A sneezes off the divine pelt and sets away running, when Deer B (for simplicity's sake) now tries to cast the divine pelt on them while they run away. While it's best with a group, this works well with individuals.
MyuNoUta
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I recall starting a dance-off in the Ruins a few days ago...

That, and I've been a participator/"victim" in the Devout Pelt game xD

That, and I've been playing "Moo-off" too; basically just mooing everytime someone else does, and eventually, you get 6+ deer trying to "out-moo" each other. It's quite funny really xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger