top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  half-life 2

eusebius
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Just so the new promo video for half-life 2. shootable surfaces, movable objects. Everything is possible. It’s good.
Michael
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Everything is possible except non-violent solutions to problems?... Rolling Eyes
eusebius
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, I will accept their violence as a collateral (know the expression?) concept in exchange for some real advantage (if there is any improvement) in Sierra's new work. Just as you count on violence as a material for your artwork! I guess we should utilize violence as a typical malign social model around us if we want to survive in this world as artists. Have you heard a pandemonium glory of Bush%Blair regarding the death of Sadam’s suns? They act as animals…
Michael
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
I think games are giving violence a bad name. Violence can be utilized in many more interesting ways.

Bush and Blair is only one example. Pity they are not game developers instead of rulers of nations.
eusebius
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:00 pm Reply with quote
22:54 - Until now I’ve practiced Medtner’s Piano Sonata “Reminisceza”. Then I’ve decided to play Half Life just to check if dizziness still works… Immediately after those embryo-like ugly creatures from the very beginning of the game started to jump on me, my legs started to shudder!! I thought it was nothing and after two – three attacks my whole body started to shake like hell… Madness! Wow, I presumed that such unfortunate condition is exactly what Sierra’s engineers wanted… Well, it’s rather brainless. Better play/listen Medtner for a while, become totally emotionally vulnerable and then rap your had at the wall just to check the difference between the spiritual and material reality. Fuck, fuck. I’m all wet. Mad