top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  No funding for Phase 3

opale12
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Oh **** and I thought I could help...

I would really like to donate but my father doesnt want to use his credit card. Is there any other way than paying on internet?
Michael
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
The donations currently go via Paypal.
But in the future, we may be able to accept wire transfers and perhaps checks.
Redkora
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Whenever you guys show an address and say that you're accepting checks, I'll be glad to send you one.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
My mother stamped on me donating because there's "worthier causes". I'm not sure if minors can write checks...but I'm sure I can find a loophole somewhere. Wink
Michael
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quote
You're all very sweet.
(I agree with your mother, Wildbluesun: there are people in the world who need help more than we do.)

Don't worry about it too much. What we will really need in the next Phase is more people playing. And you can actively help with that without it costing you a penny. Besides it's fun when there's more people. Smile
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quote
I kinda agree with her too...on the other hand, I would like to spend my money how I want.

Haha, I smell rebellious teenager-ness.
Danica Frost
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
well for promotional ideas, why dont you (and i cant belive im saying this) make a myspace and then that should get the name further out there, the only reason i found you guys a few weeks ago was because it was on an artists links page, so links, myspace, and the new banners might work like a charm to get you guys known and add people, which would make your funders realize that the game is moving along and blowing up, making them retract their negative decision and focus there gaze more positively on the project. but to do that we all have to do our share in promotion, not just the creators/developers like michael, Auriea, and the team. What do you guys think????

~Danica~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wildbluesun
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
Best.

Idea.

Ever.

Make a blog on Blogspot under the name "Stag" and write about your daily adventures in the forest. Could get interesting. And then C&P to MySpace/LiveJournal/whatever.
Michael
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
I have an Endless forest page on My Space but we don't do much with it. These things don't work by themselves.
The Livejournal commnity is more active.

But a community blog sounds like a good idea. Indeed not just Auriea and Myself, but all active players should be able to contribute. Could be very nice. Especially given the chronology of a blog. It would end up being a history of the forest. Good idea! Very Happy

Does anyone know how to set up such a community blog? If so, please go ahead and let us know so we can link to it.
Danica Frost
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote
im a kick ass profile maker on myspace and im always online, i could make a myspace for you guys and keep an eye on it and promote it!! you can e-mail me what u want up on the blog and ill put it up, and we chat back and forth on the subject!!! Please!!! i have no life and all i would really like to have something crative to work on, i also do add design work, and could design things for the myspace, or u could give me something u want up.

~Danica~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redkora
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Make a blog on Blogspot under the name "Stag" and write about your daily adventures in the forest.

Done!

http://endlessforestfun.blogspot.com/

I'll put up some ad banners on the blog that people can use later today. It's ten to one AM here, and I need to get to bed.
Danica Frost
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
sweetness, good job, im creating a myspace for it now

~Danica~
Wildbluesun
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
OK, I played around on my old blog (it seemed like a good idea at the time...) and figured out how to become a community. *jass hands*

From Dashboard, click on the blog you want to become a community blog, go to "settings" at the top, then "members" at the far right, and the big orange "add team members" thing at the bottom.

Suggestion for the blog...

Assuming they'll be several different contributors, each contributor could have a day(s) to post, creating a daily blog without too much extra commitment for any one person. Each person could have a different role; from posting screenshots to telling stories about their own experiences to cataloguing fanart. Although that may be overly limiting...perhaps using roles as guidelines rather than rules?

And Dancia Frost! Where's the link to that MySpace?
Michael
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This is great!

Auriea an I will try to help as much as we can.
We're very busy at the moment but if there is anything specific that you need from us, don't hesitate to ask!

As soon as there's some activity on the blog and the myspace, we'll add a link to the website.

Thank you so much for setting this up! Surprised
It'll be fun!! Very Happy
Danica Frost
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
ok, so what i have so far is... www.myspace.com/theendlessforest the text is changing and i need some pictures that u guys want up in the picture section, (is happy) i made the contact box myself (as u can see) im going to put links on there, but as far as everything else goes, these are the blueprints so far, now get on ur myspaces and add me!! then whore it around, lol (i never thought i would say that) and by the way, that picture is not me, just a filler, lol, but u gatta hurry if u want to be in the top 10 or 20 (havnt decided yet) first come first serve!

~danica~