top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  So I had some ideas...

ConejitoChutado
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I had some ideas for some features you could put in TEF that I find interesting myself, let me know what you think. I know the authors are busy with other games but hey, you never know...

1. Day and night cycle.
Exactly what it says, we could have a day and night cycle. Nights in TEF could be beautiful I think.

2. Weather
Maybe add some weather? make it rain sometime (not only when abiogenesis), make it snow sometimes in winter...

3. Fireflies.
I just love fireflies. You just imagine yourself sitting peacefully, listening to the sounds of the forest at night, watching the reflection of the moon in the water of the pond being lightened up by some beautiful fireflies... hmm.

4. Discoverings
I know this game doesn't have goals, nor rules. But I always felt curious about the ruins and the bridge, and specially about the Crying Idol... who made them?
It would be nice if we had some clues to discover, maybe carvings in the playground's rocks, maybe a secret passage under the ruins... not something you would be looking for, but things you discover while you run through the forest and discover a little more of your forest and its past inhabitants.

That's all I could think for now. I have so many other ideas but I don't think they'll fit.
Scape
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
More things to discover would be interesting, but I think the idea is for us to decide for ourselves where the "human elements" came from. Wink

Night happens whenever the Twin Gods decide to make it night. Same goes for weather changes. (We just had snow within the past week.) There's also fireflies that replace the butterflies at the purple flower patches when it's dark enough in the Forest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ConejitoChutado
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know about Abiogenesis, but it doesn't happen too often and somoetimes (for me) the ambient of the forest is a bit monotone. I would love to hang around a bit at night without waiting for the gods to make it dark or to make it rain.

About the things to discover... yeah, that's my idea. I mean, our gods may know what those ruins are, who inhabited them... but we don't. We just discover ruins, carvings, signs, symbols... and we decide what to think about them. Maybe your friend has a different idea than yours. That was my point, to add something more to do and a bit more depth in the game.
rusttycat112387
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I agree totaly with both of ya'll