top_image

<  Forest Problems and Bugs  ~  Game had a serious problem when I tried to..help??

Wolved
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so I downloaded and installed Endless Forest. It was a bit slow to open, and lagged a bit. I was really confused at what was going on (which, I figured out I was supposed to name the deer afterwards... XD) So, I pressed the windows button to minimize it, seeing as it was a full screen game and I didn't know how to escape it.

What it did next was a bit startling, I think it was trying to go to the live screensaver, (which I didn't want it to do, because the whole idea of it really confuses me) except, it froze, and the screen kept trying to change resolution and such. So I unplugged the computer because it wouldn't respond, and when I tried ctrl+alt+delete it asked me if I wanted to terminate/debug the program. When I turned my computer back on, the screen resolution changed to a really low level. So I uninstalled it... I really would like to play the game, so if anyone knows the problem I've encountered, that would be great.

Thanks!
Scape
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Endless Forest is a highly graphics-demanding game, so that might be why it was lagging. It also doesn't like to be minimized; this will almost always make the game crash. To get around this if you want to to do other things at the same time, change the game to windowed mode in the settings. There is a separate Settings program you can launch to change things around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wolved
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Thank you! So, what do you mean by the settings program? Where can I find it?
Scape
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
If you go to the Programs list in the start menu, you can find the settings program in the Endless Forest folder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wolved
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quote
Alright, thanks! The game works fine now. ^-^
Scape
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
Awesome. =] Glad to be of help.