top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Better Aiming

Grasswhistle
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
:>

Yesh, I know. "It is much more fun to carefully find a place to cast your spell in a huge deermob."

But at least listen. :B

What if you could click on a deer's picto and lock onto them. Their picto could change a different color or glow strongly. And, if they are close enough, you could cast a spell on them with no worries of accidentally hitting someone else and getting angryemote'd.

I, for one, think it's particularly frustrating when you want the Zombie pelt, and the BZD has a little mob around him or--dare I say-- guards.

*flee*
Twenty-One
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2006 Posts: 579 Location: My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer
I think a feature like this would be useful. And I agree about those clingy zombie deer. Very Happy I'm not sure if they're just waiting for it to wake up, or if they're trying to hinder other players from getting a cool zombie set.
Bellamy
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind either way. It would be nice when I'm not feeling very patient, haha.

It's fun turning the clingy deer into frogs/squirrels/doves/bats/minideer. Sometimes they get up and run after me. Problem solved! For a bit. Laughing
Fayne
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Mar 2008 Posts: 1428 Location: The Shadow Gallery
rofl, that would be cool!

I'm just flanking him for a screenie. :B No worries. XD
Miorrowind
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 May 2008 Posts: 216 Location: Just to the left. No no, the OTHER left.
That would be awesome, I've been there where I've been trying to get a specific pelt and another deer kindly casts on me until I finally get it but others will run in and "steal" the spell from me, which is frustrating for everyone else. I've also had that happen when I've been the one casting too. This would be a great feature.
Michael
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
We have been wondering about a feature that would at least make it clearer which deer has your deer's focus.
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
IT (Impressive Title) has a function where you can click on another player and your character's head will follow to watch them. Holding down the mouse button will bring up a menu for that character (View bio, block, add as friend, etc).
Wildbluesun
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
The IT function sounds pretty cool. A right click might work; the Forest doesn't have anything rooted to right click, does it?

Perhaps the BZD "guards" want more spells and they know they can get them like that!
Blackfeathr
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Posts: 949 Location: In the box under your stairs...
The aiming option would be useful. I remember Michael said there could be a feature implemented in the future that would allow us to block certain deer. Aiming could be used as a tool for that. Perhaps a special keystroke that will draw a line through their picto or something (so words still don't have to be used in the forest Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger