top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  Introducing: Ruby

Mayar
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1042 Location: On the Forum, adding his Mustard to anything in his interest (no art or anything that may offend me)
What´s the difference between emos and goths?
Theberge1
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Aug 2007 Posts: 56 Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Anyway they are just clothing styles that doesn't really matters.
Grahamstephani
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Sep 2008 Posts: 53 Location: The end of my rope.
Quote:
What´s the difference between emos and goths?

Who cares. We don't need to label people. The only reason we're calling Ruby goth is because she's gothred.
Emriss
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
According to the steryotypes:

Emo's are dark because they really feel depressed (or like to convince the world of that). They're sad, occasionally suicidal, ect.
Goth's see the beauty in things like death, sorrow, and The Path. The like things that are macabre, but they aren't neccessarily sad or prone to self harm.

Just so you can make an educated decision when labeling someone x)
Mayar
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1042 Location: On the Forum, adding his Mustard to anything in his interest (no art or anything that may offend me)
I just think I´m a goth, because of an incident that occured yesterday
Michael
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
It's funny. These styles seem to be a re-hash of something that happened in the 80s. But back then, we didn't have names/labels for them. At least not here in Belgium. None that I was aware of. Though that didn't reduce our clique-attitude. People with the same tastes in clothing and music definitely stuck together more. Even if we didn't know what to call it.
Grahamstephani
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
People with the same tastes in clothing and music definitely stuck together more. Even if we didn't know what to call it.

It's still true. People hang out with people that have similar interests and appearances. Except that (at least I feel) there are only two major groups. Popular and unpopular. After that it's not really split up any more. Take my school for example. I dress in thrift store close (Goodwill, anyone?) and I'm treated like crap by those who dress in -shivers- brand names (American Eagle, Aeropostale, Old Navy, etc.).
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I think we at our school have an odd attitude to stereotyping.
Once you get older, and more mature hopefully, you start to band closer to people you never thought you would because they don't judge you like they did when they were younger.

Despite wearing uniform before Sixth Form (college years) at our school, wearing something as simple as a badge could make the 'popular' kids stereotype you. I recall an incident where a few friends and I were stopped by some of the lower years and asked if we were "goth", "emo" or "satanists" because of my friend's hair colour.

Anyway. Totally off-topic.

ONE MORE RED TO GO! HUZZAH!
Grahamstephani
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
YOU'RE RIGHT. ONLY ONE LEFT! Razz Smile
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Michael wrote:
These styles seem to be a re-hash of something that happened in the 80s.

England had the mods and the rockers in the '60s...apparently that got really nasty, with violence and everything. But I don't know much about it.

I remember my dad telling me about when he was a punk in the '70s. XD Long hair and a safety pin in his ear.
Mayar
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Punks not dead...
Tahmis
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw Ruby.. Ah, I just watched her leg : D I have the same brace in my leg. I've watched Ruby's leg ever since the first video came. I was like: " Shocked ... is that what I think it is!?"

Here's what mine looks like. I used to have a longer one, like Ruby, but this lighter is easier to wear..
..can't believe I'm showing a picture of me with my pyjama pants..

About the thing that she says she's in pain when you ask about the brace.. Well, yes. It hurts. I got the brace when rear crossligament of my knee broke. It hurts in the knee and all the wounds got from the surgery. Rehabilitation hurts also and it's supposed to hurt. "Put ice on your leg, it'll help" says my physiotherapist.

I think Ruby is really interesting Smile If some day I will get the game she will most likely be my favorite.
People in my school call me goth/emo, because I wear mostly black clothes and black make up. It's something you shouldn't care as long as you have your friends.
Grasswhistle
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote
fghjkl;

Me x10.

loliloveher
Michael
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Tahmis wrote:
When I first saw Ruby.. Ah, I just watched her leg : D I have the same brace in my leg.

Do you wear it all the time? For the rest of your life?

I'm not sure if Ruby has as good a reason to wear the brace as you though... Wink
Tahmis
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
Yes, I have to wear it all the time. When I sleep, when I swim.. When I do anything :\ Ah, well I take it of when in shower and when I change clothes.
But I only have 2 months to go and then I don't have to wear it anymore! So I won't wear it for the rest of my life, like Ruby (will she?)