top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Who wants to start a herd?

is this a good idea?

yes.  
24%
  [ 12 ]  24%

no.  
76%
  [ 38 ]  76%

Total Votes : 50
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Jen wrote:
Verdalas wrote:
Walter used to run a mini herd consisting of him and every lady in the Forest. Regardless to say he had his hooves full a lot chasing off the ebil younger stags. =x

You won't be quiet about that will you? Laughing

NEVER. <3

Because it's probably the only time he'll ever be truly popular. Surprised
hapidjusboy
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote
well i was thinking the herd could be named after a place... like...
the Old Oak Herd or the OOH
or the pond herd or the playground gang or something idk...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
path to home
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
I have already made a herd Smile

Everyone is in it and you will hurt my feelings if you leave to make a new one Razz
Harlequinn
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:30 am Reply with quote
harlequinns not in a herd, he just wanders around...but the forest is one big herd so yeah...and the herd actually forms around abiogenesis time. so yeah, i confused myself..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Grasswhistle
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quote
HERDS SUCK AND ARE CLIQUE-ISH.

GO PLAY WITH EVERYONE.
eweaver
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quote
personally I am one of the few who think it is a good idea.
Not necessarily the "alphas" but the idea of a herd intrigues me. I am a fawn, (Playing on my dads pc because I have a mac Sad )
I find it hard to communicate and interact with others, but if I were to belong to a herd, Somewhere I would be accepted and know that I had a place, it might make things easier.
I believe that if the idea of herds as guilds was implemented there would be a larger sense of friendship and community, rather then aimless wandering for companionship in the forest.
Don't get me wrong, I love the forest. These are just my thoughts on the subject. Smile
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Grasswhistle wrote:
HERDS SUCK AND ARE CLIQUE-ISH.

GO PLAY WITH EVERYONE.

*CoughcoughSUBMITSUBMITcoughcough*

And if there were guilds, there would be competition and drama. x_x
Harlequinn
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
what are guilds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Grasswhistle
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Little clubs people can invite you too. It would definitely cause controversy to arise since someone may become jealous because their friend was invited and they weren't or something like that.
path to home
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
ok, here is why it would not be good. Guilds, clans, etc... are used in game that require you to have them to complete something. Without these tasks, they become nothing but a bother.

good use of clans - WoW, EvE, etc...

bad use of clans- Runescape, any strategy game remotely resembling command and conquer or star craft, and the big one THE SIMS ONLINE.

The sims online was a good game until people got this idea they needed "families" *aka little mafias*

I'm sure pretending you are a mobster in a game where you cant do anything to anyone other than slap someone is fun to some, but for me, it ruined the entire system.

there is no need for groups here so making one can do nothing positive.

Besides, This place is a safe house for many who have to deal with these cliques every day and just dont want to come home and deal with it more. Smile

I have tried to be as accurate as possible Smile And the idea of teamwork would be a wonderful idea, if there was something to achieve from it Very Happy
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm sure pretending you are a mobster in a game where you cant do anything to anyone other than slap someone is fun to some, but for me, it ruined the entire system.

Why did the thought of deer doing drive-by's on other deer pop into my head? Embarassed
Wildbluesun
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
eweaver wrote:
I find it hard to communicate and interact with others, but if I were to belong to a herd, Somewhere I would be accepted and know that I had a place, it might make things easier.

You'll learn about communication. =) Everything comes with time.

The problem is that if you had a herd, there were would be a bunch of people who didn't have a herd, so there would be lots of other people who wouldn't be accepted. That's the point.

But, if you reallyreallyreally want to do it, go ahead. No one's got the right to stop you...just be warned that I personally think it'll all go down in flames eventually.
Scape
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Verdalas wrote:
Quote:

Why did the thought of deer doing drive-by's on other deer pop into my head? Embarassed

Because it already happens? Laughing

"DRIVE-BY SPELL! *casts and runs*"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Harlequinn
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
i've never experienced any of the cliques, i've never played an online game i was into, and this is the first forum i've ever used. and luckily i went to this one first, people are mature and talk in sentences and use real words. Smile well, most of the time Wink
hapidjusboy
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote
ok i totally get the idea about cliqs and being left out... and to be honest if this were any other game then i would probably start some exclusive guild where youd have to kill 30 dragons to get into something... but this isnt any other community this a community where people actually care about the game...(i hope) so of course i dont want to do anything to ruin that... as you can see ( im posting this on a forum) i dont want this herd to be private.... but of course it cant get outrageously big like some army of deer so the idea is to get people to start other herds and so forth...

Idea ohh... Embarassed now i get it... eventually(if the herd idea works) we might get more and more herds until eventually the forest becomes overherded or something like that... and then new players will feel left out... i think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address