top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  Endless Forest Deer?

Biota
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I lost the thread on this, so I'll start a new one or something. What species of deer did they use to make the endless forest deer. I was thinking the most likely was elk (wapiti) and red deer, but it could be others, I'm really curious to know what deer they used as references/designs/ECT for the deer in the endless forest.

Edit - Bah, just thought of something to add on to this xD. What species of squirrel/frog/dove/birds did they use as well. I mostly want to know what species of deer, but the others would be welcome just as much. Lawl.
Kumiko
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Apr 2008 Posts: 159 Location: The Endless Forest
I don't really know but I want to say it would be something like a Caribou since both males and females grow antlers.
Trinket
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:02 am Reply with quote
Kumiko wrote:
I don't really know but I want to say it would be something like a Caribou since both males and females grow antlers.

Actually we're pretty much intended to be genderless (or all stags). Razz

Our pelts are like a Maine Deer's, our antlers look kinda like elk antlers, and our bodies (not counting our heads Laughing) are similar to a mule deer's.

EDIT: After researching I think the doves are white homing pigeons (which are pretty much domestic rock pigeons, but wild rock pigeons usually are only splotched with white).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bellamy
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:32 am Reply with quote
They remind me of red deer--

Scape
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
They literally had a nature show on tv about red deer yesterday. =D Think they were in the Alps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Biota
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
You know, I think Bellamy's right. They do look a lot like red deer (not elk/wapiti), antler-wise, shape-wise, and color-wise they look TEF deer (besides the faces xD).

Edit - I just thought of something; red deer are near where Auriea and Michael live (I think xD), so I'm pretty sure it must be those species of deer, or at least mainly that species xD.