top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Anyone heard of Mabinogi?

Want to play this game?

Yes, and I can!  
47%
  [ 8 ]  47%

Yes, but I live outside the areas..  
29%
  [ 5 ]  29%

Icky, no!  
23%
  [ 4 ]  23%

Total Votes : 17
Verdalas
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I think that's the spelling..

Currently that's my number 1 MMO to play. But guess what? I live in Europe. And the game is only released around Korea, China, Japan and North America.

So I was wondering if anyone would go play it and see if it's as good as I hope it to be? I doubt there'll ever be an english version on commercial release, and I'm not the type to use an IP bypass just to play and get banned.

Website is here: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/

People from North America can only play. South America doesn't count.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
Not particularly...I'm not in the appropriate areas, and it doesn't look sufficiently interesting to me.
LarndeSolen
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Nov 2007 Posts: 283 Location: in ur forest spell-spamming ur deer
Well...I tried. Apparently, my computer sucks too much to be able to play the game very well. Inferior graphics card and 500MB of memory for the lose. Confused

I did get to the character creation stage, though. It bothered me that two thirds of the customization options were only available if you paid money. I refuse to pay anything just to get different-shaped eyes.

Since I never actually got to the game part, I'm not sure how useful this really is to you. However, the game does look very shiny.
Verdalas
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
LarndeSolen wrote:
Well...I tried. Apparently, my computer sucks too much to be able to play the game very well. Inferior graphics card and 500MB of memory for the lose. Confused

I did get to the character creation stage, though. It bothered me that two thirds of the customization options were only available if you paid money. I refuse to pay anything just to get different-shaped eyes.

Since I never actually got to the game part, I'm not sure how useful this really is to you. However, the game does look very shiny.

I've noticed that the game style is similar in another MMO I wanted to play, but funnily enough that's IP blocked as well. The block is meant to be in place because a translation contract or something? But thanks anyway, I wish I could play the game. Sad
Foresticia
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
It is by the same company who made Maplestory. This should be good. You also had to pay for cool clothes and faces and hair in Maplestory. *sighs*
Foresticia
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote
Douplepost. Sorry.

I installed it, tried to make a character, and it says I need a card. It also says you get your first character for free, but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? :S
Elm
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:14 am Reply with quote
LarndeSolen wrote:

I got through making a character without restrictions, and I got to pick my eyes out just fine though. (wow that sounded weird)

Maybe they patched it?

Foresticia wrote:
I installed it, tried to make a character, and it says I need a card. It also says you get your first character for free, but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? :S

Do you see a character creation card there in the character select place? 'Cuz it's supposed to be there if you don't have a character yet =/
Trinket
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote
My graphic card doesn't allow me to play Mabinogi. Bleh. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LarndeSolen
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Nov 2007 Posts: 283 Location: in ur forest spell-spamming ur deer
Foresticia wrote:
Douplepost. Sorry.

All the little asterisks are things you can't use for free. I had a tough time figuring out what I was doing wrong the first time (I thought I'd chosen free options already and it wasn't letting me create the character), but then I realized that the eye-color was one of the 'fancy' colors. Bleh.
Foresticia
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote
Ok, I created my character. Level 13. 18 years old. game is great so far, but there are some assholes out there. *scuttles to her dark hole*
Cursey
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
I just got it last night, upon finding this thread and link to it.
I did get the game strictly because I noticed you can fish in it :3
And, I desperately need something to keep me occupied, since my attention span is that of a goldfish and I lose interest in things quickly.

[Gunz, Flyff, Sims, WoW...]

It seems pretty nice. Finding someone friendly who actually speaks is a bit of a task, but the ones I find who do speak are very friendly and helpful Very Happy

I'm Saimey on there. Name ripped from my Waja Sai Mey - shoved together because it wouldn't let me use a space. I wonder what Sai Mey actually is, if anything. Hm.

I believe I'm a lvl 10 - age 17 Very Happy
woodland
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2008 Posts: 331 Location: In the forest alone and sad,awaiting one to come forth.
i might join..need to ask before i break my comp
Noortiss
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
LarndeSolen wrote:

I've noticed that the game style is similar in another MMO I wanted to play, but funnily enough that's IP blocked as well. The block is meant to be in place because a translation contract or something? But thanks anyway, I wish I could play the game. Sad

You can! I live in europe and I play it (because of this topic and I love the game, thnx!!!) but back to the IP problem. I got this nice little programm called Hotspot shield that gives you a temporary american IP, like a shield over your reall IP. You can download it here (http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/), it works really great ^^
Verdalas
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
Noortiss wrote:
Verdalas wrote:
LarndeSolen wrote:

You can! I live in europe and I play it (because of this topic and I love the game, thnx!!!) but back to the IP problem. I got this nice little programm called Hotspot shield that gives you a temporary american IP, like a shield over your reall IP. You can download it here (http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/), it works really great ^^

I'm not the kind of person to use an IP bypass. I really don't want to unless I get desperate (Which currently seems impossible because Perfect World and Lustiana are hogging my time).

But thankyou anyway. If the time ever arises, I may look into it.
Le Lapin
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Yes, I've heard of the Mabinogi. But as I far as I know, it's work of medieval Welsh folklore, and the options you've given me don't make sense in that context.