top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Ookami

Linx
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Very Happy I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THERE WAS THIS TOPIC!!! Shocked Very Happy I am soo happy now!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile I love okami I beat it 5 times in a row now! going for 6!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Le Lapin
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quote
Stehuaa wrote:
Without spoilers, you get yourself hyped up for what seems to be the end (even though there are signs that it is not) only to realize you have another 20-odd hours of gameplay left.
That was one one of my favourite things about Baten Kaitos. Though in that, what you're made to think is the ending is less than halfway through, and what you think is main protagonist and the main antagonist isÖ OK, I won't spoil it. And perhaps the effect of it in this is different due to how it's presented, but there I really liked the surprise of finding that there was a whole lot more value to the game than I had been expecting. Perhaps it's because in an RPG, more game-play time means more story, whereas in an action game, it means more opportunities to die and put your effort to waste.

The correct spelling of the title is Ōkami (they've even used it on the box, for once!) though ‘kami I'll accept as it can actually be typed and means the same thing. Lyrak's almost right about the pun; there's just couple more aspects to it Ė while o-kami with a short o is indeed a how spirits/gods are addressed (neither of which is a sufficient analogue for kami, in my opinion), the long means "King" or "the Great," so ‘-Kami means something like "the Greatest of the Gods," which is used as an honorific for Amaterasu. In that context it's pronounced ‘mikami, but if you were to read the two kanji as they're normally pronounced when used as separate words, it come out as ‘kami, which is, of course, a homonym for the word for "wolf."
ammyluva
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
i love OKAMI (see name) << my user name is "Ammyluva" Ammy is Amatertsu's nickname my fawn on TEF is also named "Ammy"

hehe im a little obbsesed!!!!!!!! and i know this is offf topic but anyone know where to download WOLF on DOsBOX??? plz dont say mobygames cause i cant get that place to work!!
Verdalas
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Try.. uh..

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/531/Wolf.html

There.
silverwolfspirit
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Apr 2008 Posts: 32 Location: Running with a pack of wild wolves... In paradise.
I live inn England, so I am just waiting for it to come out on the Wii in June 5-6th.

I looked on one of those game websites and they rated te game, 9/10! Shocked I love wolves, so this is almost like a perfect game for me. Smile
silverwolfspirit
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Apr 2008 Posts: 32 Location: Running with a pack of wild wolves... In paradise.
ammyluva wrote:
i love OKAMI (see name) << my user name is "Ammyluva" Ammy is Amatertsu's nickname my fawn on TEF is also named "Ammy"

hehe im a little obbsesed!!!!!!!! and i know this is offf topic but anyone know where to download WOLF on DOsBOX??? plz dont say mobygames cause i cant get that place to work!!

You should play on wolf quest... You live in a wolfpack, it's, and has much better graphics than WOLF because it came out recently. Smile

Here is the link... http://www.wolfquest.org

You should first look at the FAQ, then register to the forums, and after that, download the game!
I'll have to make a topic about wolf quest)
path to home
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote
AHHHH Balto is making me dizzy!! Laughing

If i recall, most people who play this game also mess around in there from time to time, but its a good game Smile
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
UGH. WOLFQUEST.

So little skill put into so much potential...and the forums are full of silly people who are all "I have a spiritual connection with wolves and my aunt keeps them as pets".

Your aunt's animals are not pure wolves. Spiritual connections do not exist and, if they did exist, most people would - statistically - be connected to invertebrates.

I've never met anyone claiming to have a spiritual connection to a woodlouse.

Wolf is a much more realistic interpretation of a wolf's life, in my eyes. How I wish it wouldn't screw with my mouse...

Le Lapin wrote:
The correct spelling of the title is Ōkami (they've even used it on the box, for once!) though ‘kami I'll accept as it can actually be typed and means the same thing. Lyrak's almost right about the pun; there's just couple more aspects to it Ė while o-kami with a short o is indeed a how spirits/gods are addressed (neither of which is a sufficient analogue for kami, in my opinion), the long means "King" or "the Great," so ‘-Kami means something like "the Greatest of the Gods," which is used as an honorific for Amaterasu. In that context it's pronounced ‘mikami, but if you were to read the two kanji as they're normally pronounced when used as separate words, it come out as ‘kami, which is, of course, a homonym for the word for "wolf."

*bows to your knowledge of Japanese linguistics*

(Though I got lost halfway through...)
LiŽka
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quote
Someone in a therianthropy forum in a topic entitled: "Most therians are mammals?" wrote:
.....I've also run across Earwig (she just goes by Earwig, and identifies as an earwig, and writes eloquently about it), who is frequently used as an example for such things (poor Earwig, I think she must get tired of it!). I've seen dinosaur people on the therian community. And reptiles - we've got a cobra running around on this forum. I've also encountered a shark before, and I know a sea turtle person offline.

No comment. This is the wrong thread, anyway.
ammyluva
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quote
silverwolfspirit wrote:
ammyluva wrote:

You should play on wolf quest... You live in a wolfpack, it's, and has much better graphics than WOLF because it came out recently. Smile

Here is the link... http://www.wolfquest.org

You should first look at the FAQ, then register to the forums, and after that, download the game!
I'll have to make a topic about wolf quest)

i have downloaded it and played and evrything, BUT on my new computer it like makes the screen go black, and the music keeps going so i gotta restart, it happens like 5secs after i start a game Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
so i cant play it though i agree its a very good game
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
LiŽka wrote:
Someone in a therianthropy forum in a topic entitled: "Most therians are mammals?" wrote:
.....I've also run across Earwig (she just goes by Earwig, and identifies as an earwig, and writes eloquently about it), who is frequently used as an example for such things (poor Earwig, I think she must get tired of it!). I've seen dinosaur people on the therian community. And reptiles - we've got a cobra running around on this forum. I've also encountered a shark before, and I know a sea turtle person offline.

No comment. This is the wrong thread, anyway.

Aha, but is she a woodlouse? Wink

I want to quickly say that my view on therianthropy is that I don't believe it really exists, as in, I don't believe that a wolf's (or, okay, an earwig's) mind can end up in a human's body or anything along those lines, but I think it can feel like that. Which almost amounts to the same thing.
LiŽka
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Fair enough. I'm not going to argue about it, I just wanted to bring up Earwig's case! *nuzzle*
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
*nuzzle* That's also fair, my dear deer.
silverwolfspirit
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:
UGH. WOLFQUEST.

So little skill put into so much potential...and the forums are full of silly people who are all "I have a spiritual connection with wolves and my aunt keeps them as pets".

Your aunt's animals are not pure wolves. Spiritual connections do not exist and, if they did exist, most people would - statistically - be connected to invertebrates.

I've never met anyone claiming to have a spiritual connection to a woodlouse.

Wolf is a much more realistic interpretation of a wolf's life, in my eyes. How I wish it wouldn't screw with my mouse...

Le Lapin wrote:

*bows to your knowledge of Japanese linguistics*

(Though I got lost halfway through...)

How insulting! If you didn;t know, they put alot of qork into it, please don;t say things like that, and about spme peoples beleives. Crying or Very sad
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Just because they put a lot of work into it doesn't make it good. It's terribly glitch-ridden with a horrible control system and several core design flaws. In addition, it's a highly inaccurate portrayal of a real wolf's life.

If you want to talk to me about my views on therianthropy, or any other subject, then that's fine. So long as you're prepared to be calm and polite, that is. =)