top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Any Animal MMORPGs???

Faye
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:39 am Reply with quote
TwoEars wrote:
opale12 wrote:
Faye wrote:
I think I'm going to have to try perfect world after seeing everyone talking about it xD
It's currently at..
6%, with about 3 hours to go.
*just started*

Edit: in all it took 2 hours and 35 minutes. *pets her computer*
Again: urgh, I'm having the same problem as TwoEars had a few pages back; I'm missing data4.pck
What do i do to get it?

try on different sites. the one you downloaded is from Filefront? Ausgamer? the bittorent one? or ask TwoEars who he(she) did Razz

I'm a she. xD
I used Filefront, and did the 10-part download.
I saved each piece into a file on the desktop. Once they were all in the file, I double-clicked the first piece and it unpacked all of them. Once un-packing was complete, I found the install button and double clicked on that. From there the install program does it for you. Smile

Oks, thankyou very much Smile
I tried Filefront and Ausgamers, now I'm tired, it's half 5 AM christmas morning. I think I'll leave it until later xD
Thankyou again
TwoEars
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote
Faye wrote:
TwoEars wrote:
opale12 wrote:
Faye wrote:
I think I'm going to have to try perfect world after seeing everyone talking about it xD
It's currently at..
6%, with about 3 hours to go.
*just started*

Edit: in all it took 2 hours and 35 minutes. *pets her computer*
Again: urgh, I'm having the same problem as TwoEars had a few pages back; I'm missing data4.pck
What do i do to get it?

try on different sites. the one you downloaded is from Filefront? Ausgamer? the bittorent one? or ask TwoEars who he(she) did Razz

I'm a she. xD
I used Filefront, and did the 10-part download.
I saved each piece into a file on the desktop. Once they were all in the file, I double-clicked the first piece and it unpacked all of them. Once un-packing was complete, I found the install button and double clicked on that. From there the install program does it for you. Smile

Oks, thankyou very much Smile
I tried Filefront and Ausgamers, now I'm tired, it's half 5 AM christmas morning. I think I'll leave it until later xD
Thankyou again

No prob, get some sleep. We'll see you online soon! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Accario
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 Posts: 64 Location: In Nightopia, flying with NiGHTS.
If any of ya have a Wii, you might want to check out this game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=m2Kcp36nIII

I have it preordered, it looks pretty neat.

EDiT: It'll also be out for PS2 and DS.
Faye
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
It finally worked -_- my PC doesn't like it one bit and kept freezing up and randomly shutting down in the first few hours but it's fine now.
Nem
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Perfect World does look awesome I must admit! Surprised Just wondering: can you fly for an unlimited period of time? If so, I'll definately attempt downloading it!

I was immediately drawn to horizons after I found out that adult dragons could fly! Gameplay, pah! Who needs it when you have a world to explore and wings? Wink Laughing

Horizons took 4 days to download, so this would probably take even longer, ohno D:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurel
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
If you play an elf priest you can fly around as much as you like from the start. Very Happy Elf archers can fly from the beginning, but not forever.

Everyone can fly after they hit level 30, though--there's a quest you can do and then you get your very own little flying apparatus. Surprised
InnocentEvilKitten
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Jul 2007 Posts: 174 Location: in ur forestz, eatins ur muchroms
opale12 wrote:
Moogie wrote:
I played the demo of I of the Dragon. :) I enjoyed it, but not as much as that other one with the girl who rides the giant red dragon. With that one you get to pick up and eat people, or land on the ground and walk around. I can't remember the name of it, unfortunately.

Edit: I FOUND IT. It's called Drakan: Order of the Flame. I suggest getting it. :3 http://www.planetdrakan.com/

wow it looks cool :lol: but I'll stick with I of the Dragon, even if you can't land (which I think is one of the basic options you should have!)

Drakan was (and still is) an incredible game. I wish I could still play it, I have the CD, but my computer doesn't like me. Either that or its so old it isn't compatible with Windows XP Pro. =/
Down with Vista!! :D
Its graphics may be questionable by todays standards, but back in the day, Drakan's graphics were godly D:
I could care less for graphics these days though. Am I the only one who appreciates a good storyline over pretty character models and backgrounds? (Other and TEF of course, which is gorgeous. ;))

Also, whats this 'Perfect World' I keep hearing about? Is it any good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TwoEars
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote
InnocentEvilKitten wrote:
opale12 wrote:
Moogie wrote:
I played the demo of I of the Dragon. Smile I enjoyed it, but not as much as that other one with the girl who rides the giant red dragon. With that one you get to pick up and eat people, or land on the ground and walk around. I can't remember the name of it, unfortunately.

Edit: I FOUND IT. It's called Drakan: Order of the Flame. I suggest getting it. :3 http://www.planetdrakan.com/

wow it looks cool Laughing but I'll stick with I of the Dragon, even if you can't land (which I think is one of the basic options you should have!)

Drakan was (and still is) an incredible game. I wish I could still play it, I have the CD, but my computer doesn't like me. Either that or its so old it isn't compatible with Windows XP Pro. =/
Down with Vista!! Very Happy
Its graphics may be questionable by todays standards, but back in the day, Drakan's graphics were godly D:
I could care less for graphics these days though. Am I the only one who appreciates a good storyline over pretty character models and backgrounds? (Other and TEF of course, which is gorgeous. Wink)

You are not alone!

The story is what makes a game for god's sakes! D:

Erm, perfect world is well, difficult to describe, here's a link:
http://www.perfectworld.com.my/
Oh and a TEF/PW player list:
http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3335
InnocentEvilKitten
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Jul 2007 Posts: 174 Location: in ur forestz, eatins ur muchroms
TwoEars wrote:
InnocentEvilKitten wrote:
opale12 wrote:
Moogie wrote:
I played the demo of I of the Dragon. Smile I enjoyed it, but not as much as that other one with the girl who rides the giant red dragon. With that one you get to pick up and eat people, or land on the ground and walk around. I can't remember the name of it, unfortunately.

wow it looks cool Laughing but I'll stick with I of the Dragon, even if you can't land (which I think is one of the basic options you should have!)

Down with Vista!! Very Happy
I could care less for graphics these days though. Am I the only one who appreciates a good storyline over pretty character models and backgrounds? (Other and TEF of course, which is gorgeous. Wink)

You are not alone!

The story is what makes a game for god's sakes! D:

Erm, perfect world is well, difficult to describe, here's a link:
http://www.perfectworld.com.my/
Oh and a TEF/PW player list:
http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3335

oooh the home page is all sparkley.

It looks interesting though. (:
TwoEars
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
It is! Very Happy

Come play PW with us! xD

(I left a comment on your DA page earlier I believe. I said something like "Hello! Your gallery is terribly cute!")
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
Yes. D: Come play! It's so fun when we all get together and do stupid things. =3
TwoEars
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Who's online right now? I'm going to log in and waste some time. Smile

PM LeChat or something. Smile
sura
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:42 am Reply with quote
I just got off PW. I Love my charater but I'm so confused. How do you get a pet or do anything. I only know how to kill beetles and flowers.
Character name is sura a cute werefox.
TwoEars
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote
sura wrote:
I just got off PW. I Love my charater but I'm so confused. How do you get a pet or do anything. I only know how to kill beetles and flowers.
Character name is sura a cute werefox.

I'll and you to the list, it's just sura right? The s isn't capitalized?

I'm still only lvl7, so I can't help you much, try PMing Keres (Ker), Ra'Tai (WindHowler) or Moogie (Moogie xD!), they all have a good amount of game time. (Particularly Moogie!)
Moogie
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
It can be confusing when you first start out, but here's the greatest piece of advice you'll ever receive:

Seek out NPCs with yellow shields over their heads. They give you quests, and as a newbie, simultaneously teach you about the world and how to operate in it.

Orange shields are super-special quests that you absolutely should not miss!

Yellow/orange FLAGS mean you have completed a quest, so go talk to that NPC for your rewards.

A grey shield means there is a quest, but you have not fulfilled the requirements to partake in it yet.

A grey flag indicates you have taken a quest from that NPC, but not yet completed it.

If you press Q, followed by the Search button in the window that appears, it will tell you the coordinates of any quest NPCs you've yet to talk to. Use the coordinates that you see in the upper right of the screen (underneath your radar circle) to find where to go.

Do all your quests as a newbie, and gradually you'll learn all you need to know. Smile

--FLYING--

Elves start off with wings. I've heard that Archers eventually run out of MP when they fly, causing them to fall back to earth. But as a Priest, even though the wings consume 2MP/sec, they have never been able to drain my Manapool quickly enough because it passively regenerates itself faster than 2MP/sec.

All other races need to wait until level 30 to be able to fly. The level 30 flying devices do not require MP. Flying is unlimited and you can go as high as you want or travel in any direction you desire.

Elves will get a new set of wings. Werebeasts/foxes aquire a manta ray creature. Humans get a flying magical sword.

Later on, when the item mall is updated, there will be buyable flying pets like the phoenix, eagle, and swan. There are also land mounts already available to buy from the Item Mall (or if you've enough gold, they can be purchased with regular ingame money).