top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Any Animal MMORPGs???

WindHowler
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:42 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Somewhere, Somehow...Someplace
TwoEars wrote:
Huh... Ok, log in right now ok? And PM Lote`
I'll look for you *nod nod*

We can solve this mystery! D:<

{Edit:}

I also made a player list if y'all don't mind! Smile

Click here!!

Oh i kinda just logged out 0_0
I need to go sleep and stuff srry Embarassed
WindHowler
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quote
Ker wrote:
WindHowler wrote:
Hey how do we fly in Perfect World? (besides being an elf)
I'm a lvl 15 WereFox that is getting tired of walking D:

you get a flying tool at lvl 30
and for beastkind you get a flying manta ray Cool
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/KerKeres/2007-12-0605-58-18.jpg

Mantaray?! OMG!
TwoEars
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quote
Ker wrote:
WindHowler wrote:

That is TIGHT!

Although, I still like being an elf. Smile

WindHowler wrote:
TwoEars wrote:
Huh... Ok, log in right now ok? And PM Lote`
I'll look for you *nod nod*

We can solve this mystery! D:<

{Edit:}

I also made a player list if y'all don't mind! Smile

Click here!!

Oh i kinda just logged out 0_0
I need to go sleep and stuff srry Embarassed

Oh, ok.

Hehe, I spent a lot of time looking for you though. xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ghost
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
When need to find a good time so that most of use will be on at the same time. o_o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I'll be logging on soon and getting a character name (If I can find one that's still free. ¬¬ ) I finally managed to download the game, so I'll be adding everyone who's mentioned their char names on here.
opale12
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
WindHowler wrote:
Ker wrote:
WindHowler wrote:

Mantaray?! OMG!

and what about these?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_ytuqVwIEBHQ/Rfj5B8BWeeI/AAAAAAAAAF0/tLoEInmas5I/s400/fly_026.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9025/p50wm1.jpg

there are much more on the website but it seems to be down....

there's also ground mounts you can buy at City of Vanished at lvl 20.... horses, tigers etc and you can do horse races! Laughing

EDIT: here they are:

http://perfectworld.com.my/downloads/screenshots/002-06.jpg
http://perfectworld.com.my/downloads/screenshots/002-11.jpg

eagles Laughing
Aurel
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
opale12 wrote:
there's also ground mounts you can buy at City of Vanished at lvl 20.... horses, tigers etc and you can do horse races! Laughing

Aren't horses like...a million gold? That makes me sad...I'd love a horse or one of the other land mounts they have, but the class I chose (werebeast) is crap for making money. Crying or Very sad I'm trying to balance that out with a werefox side character since they're supposed to be really good at it, but even though I see MMORPG players talking about transferring stuff between their characters all the time I'm kind of stumped as to how they actually do it.

Werebeasts also move slowly, which forces me to either walk everywhere at a snail's pace or waste my gold on teleportation spells. I need to get to level 30 so I can fly. Neutral

On the bright side, the tiger transformation is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've seen in the game so far. I can't wait to be a giant white tiger zipping around on the back of a rainbow-coloured manta ray. Laughing
opale12
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Aurel wrote:
opale12 wrote:

Aren't horses like...a million gold? That makes me sad...I'd love a horse or one of the other land mounts they have, but the class I chose (werebeast) is crap for making money. Crying or Very sad I'm trying to balance that out with a werefox side character since they're supposed to be really good at it, but even though I see MMORPG players talking about transferring stuff between their characters all the time I'm kind of stumped as to how they actually do it.

Werebeasts also move slowly, which forces me to either walk everywhere at a snail's pace or waste my gold on teleportation spells. I need to get to level 30 so I can fly. Neutral

On the bright side, the tiger transformation is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've seen in the game so far. I can't wait to be a giant white tiger zipping around on the back of a rainbow-coloured manta ray. Laughing

in your beast form, you run much more faster and from what i've seen in the skill tree, you can transform at lvl 9, and upgrade the spell at upper levels... I don't know if you receive it or have to go to the elder or someone to learn it but I know what I saw in the skill tree Smile

p.s. earning money is very easy, what are you talking about? I'm a werefox and I already have about 2000 gold at lvl 5 Rolling Eyes
Moogie
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Werefoxes are the richest class in the game. Taming and selling pets will grant you a fortune once you've leveled up a bit.

Horses are 2.4mil, I think. That seems like a lot now, but it's quite easy to make that much money if you know how. People pay lots of gold for Item Mall items, which only cost 1-2 dollars each... so if you buy an Item Mall mount, such as a Polar Bear or Panther, you could sell it straight off for roughly 1.8mil gold. Two of those, and you've got enough for a Horse (and then lots of spare gold left over!) :]

The great thing about PW is, you don't ever need to spend real money for it. All Item Mall items can be sold in player shops and purchased with ingame gold. The downside is, they cost a lot of gold. So it's your choice, really. At least you HAVE the choice, which in most other MMORPGs, you don't.
Aurel
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
opale12 wrote:
in your beast form, you run much more faster and from what i've seen in the skill tree, you can transform at lvl 9, and upgrade the spell at upper levels... I don't know if you receive it or have to go to the elder or someone to learn it but I know what I saw in the skill tree Smile

p.s. earning money is very easy, what are you talking about? I'm a werefox and I already have about 2000 gold at lvl 5 Rolling Eyes

The tiger runs faster, but it doesn't seem as swift as other classes. I spend quite a bit of money on teleportation spells because I don't want to take ages walking between towns. Neutral I hope your speed goes up as you level, because it seems like my werefox moves much more quickly...and she's ten levels behind!

Skills also cost gold in addition to SP, and, um...I like to buy everything I can because I might need it. Maybe, someday in the future. I need to be more discriminating, and probably start selling items--I never make any gold off of the loot I get, aside from the actual gold that drops, because I hoard everything. I'm a horrible packrat who would rather shove the most useless item into the bank rather than get rid of it. Embarassed

It's still a fun game, though. It just seems like I spend a lot of time plodding around, which is inconvenient when I want to play for an hour and half of that is me running slowly in circles because I get lost easily. XD But that's just my bad sense of direction, especially since there's a compass sitting right there on the screen.

Small Edit: You know...if you jump continuously, it speeds you up a little and it looks funny. Laughing So if you're tired of walking around all the time and feel like you're going too slow, hop like a maniac!

Moogie wrote:
Horses are 2.4mil, I think. That seems like a lot now, but it's quite easy to make that much money if you know how. People pay lots of gold for Item Mall items, which only cost 1-2 dollars each... so if you buy an Item Mall mount, such as a Polar Bear or Panther, you could sell it straight off for roughly 1.8mil gold. Two of those, and you've got enough for a Horse (and then lots of spare gold left over!) :]

I've seen the panthers running around and I LOVE them. Very Happy I think if I bought one I'd rather keep it for me! Or the deer, though it'd be useless having either of them right now since I'm nowhere near the level to use them. Laughing

Last edited by Aurel on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindHowler
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! I'm almost lvl 20 now Very Happy
I have...
35000 gold 0_0
Faye
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm going to have to try perfect world after seeing everyone talking about it xD
It's currently at..
6%, with about 3 hours to go.
*just started*

Edit: in all it took 2 hours and 35 minutes. *pets her computer*
Again: urgh, I'm having the same problem as TwoEars had a few pages back; I'm missing data4.pck
What do i do to get it?
opale12
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Faye wrote:
I think I'm going to have to try perfect world after seeing everyone talking about it xD
It's currently at..
*just started*

Again: urgh, I'm having the same problem as TwoEars had a few pages back; I'm missing data4.pck
What do i do to get it?

try on different sites. the one you downloaded is from Filefront? Ausgamer? the bittorent one? or ask TwoEars who he(she) did Razz
Moogie
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
Werebeasts/foxes, even in their humanoid forms, actually have the fastest basic moving speed of all classes. Smile
TwoEars
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote
opale12 wrote:
Faye wrote:
It's currently at..
*just started*

What do i do to get it?

try on different sites. the one you downloaded is from Filefront? Ausgamer? the bittorent one? or ask TwoEars who he(she) did Razz

I'm a she. xD
I used Filefront, and did the 10-part download.
I saved each piece into a file on the desktop. Once they were all in the file, I double-clicked the first piece and it unpacked all of them. Once un-packing was complete, I found the install button and double clicked on that. From there the install program does it for you. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address