top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Any Animal MMORPGs???

TwoEars
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote
WindHowler wrote:
So anyways what server are you guys on
I'm on Oracle
With my main character Ra'Tai Very Happy

Gack! Wish it would finish downloading already!

I hope to name my character Lote` when the time comes. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurel
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
I'm on Oracle too, as Mikrii. Smile

I've got another character named Adrastos that I made just for the heck of it, but I haven't played him yet.
opale12
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
TwoEars wrote:
Ok... I'm downloading it. Should take just 4 more hours. Laughing Not too shabby, iRO took half the night. (Why oh why do I always have to download things at night?!)

Anyways, I went to register, filled out all the info, clicked the Register button and... the page reset. As if I had refreshed it.

{edit:} Everything is working now. All I must do is wait for it to finish downloading. *sigh*

it is much more fast if you download the filefront, single-execution file! it takes 1 hour! (well for me XD)

Quote:
I heard Horizons was as laggy as poopoo. e_e I wish I could play it, but I'm one of those people who can't afford to pay for a game.

it's not laggy, if you have at least 1GB and a correct graphic card... but in Tazoon (one of the main cities) there's only NPCs and I can't manage to get over 10 fps Cool

and why is everyone on Oracle? is there a difference between Oracle and Delphi? I want to know before registering Rolling Eyes
Moogie
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
They are technically seperate, so you won't see Delphi players if you're on Oracle, and vice versa.

It's nice to all play on 1 server so we can find eachother in the game. Smile
Ghost
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
I'm on Oracle, or I'll try to be when I'm on (and if the server is online).

My IGN: Nakomis

I've only really played once, so I'm still VERY new to all of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TwoEars
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy It finished downloading at about 11 pm so last night, so I'm only just installing it right now!

Wee~ Can't wait!

{Edit:}
It was almost installed and then it told me that a file was missing. Neutral
Now I must re-download it... all. over. again.

At least it's early afternoon now, and I don't have school tomorrow. Smile

opale12 wrote:

it is much more fast if you download the filefront, single-execution file! it takes 1 hour! (well for me XD)

That's exactly what I did. Smile But only 4 hours is actually a good, fairly short, download. My computer was made to play games, not download them! XDDD

I'm downloading from a different server now, but it will take 8 hours.
Hmm. I don't want to try the 4 hours again and then find that the last file is missing. Sad
But I also don't want to wait for so so long...

{edit:}I caved in after a couple minutes of fretting and now I'm trying filefront again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
opale12
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
TwoEars wrote:
Very Happy It finished downloading at about 11 pm so last night, so I'm only just installing it right now!

Wee~ Can't wait!

It was almost installed and then it told me that a file was missing. Neutral
Now I must re-download it... all. over. again.

At least it's early afternoon now, and I don't have school tomorrow. Smile

opale12 wrote:

That's exactly what I did. Smile But only 4 hours is actually a good, fairly short, download. My computer was made to play games, not download them! XDDD

I'm downloading from a different server now, but it will take 8 hours.
Hmm. I don't want to try the 4 hours again and then find that the last file is missing. Sad
But I also don't want to wait for so so long...

{edit:}I caved in after a couple minutes of fretting and now I'm trying filefront again...

to download, you must use Firefox, as Internet Explorer will stop after 2GB and the file is 2.21GB

also, they ask my passport number to register! did you all give your passport numbers? with that, they know all on you! should I give them a false one? I do not trust companies on the internet, so why give them a way to use my identity?
Verdalas
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I was debating using BitTorrent. I saw that it was going to take nine hours on my laptop when I tried it then, but I'm yet to do so on my main PC. I shall give it a go..

.. The only problem being my mother gets ratted if I leave the PC on whilst I'm not in the room.. >.<
opale12
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
I was debating using BitTorrent. I saw that it was going to take nine hours on my laptop when I tried it then, but I'm yet to do so on my main PC. I shall give it a go..

.. The only problem being my mother gets ratted if I leave the PC on whilst I'm not in the room.. >.<

LOLZ me I downloaded it while there was only my mom at home and she does not care about what i'm doing on the comp, but I at least asked my father if I could install, as it is his computer Razz

p.s. forget what i said in my precedent post, I just put in false info (you can enter 12345678, it works! Rolling Eyes )
Ghost
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
For a passport number, just make up a number.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sarah
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Aug 2007 Posts: 1135 Location: Standing amidst the glowing fireflies in the dim twilight.
Wait... about the whole Oracle and Dephi thing.... are you talking about Perfect World? You are right?
opale12
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
Sarah wrote:
Wait... about the whole Oracle and Dephi thing.... are you talking about Perfect World? You are right?

yes it's the two perfect world server and as everyone seems to be registering on Oracle, I will too Smile
Sarah
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Aug 2007 Posts: 1135 Location: Standing amidst the glowing fireflies in the dim twilight.
Wait.... you can be an Oracle????
opale12
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
Sarah wrote:
Wait.... you can be an Oracle????

no, you can register on Oracle, it's a server Smile
TwoEars
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
opale12 wrote:
to download, you must use Firefox, as Internet Explorer will stop after 2GB and the file is 2.21GB

also, they ask my passport number to register! did you all give your passport numbers? with that, they know all on you! should I give them a false one? I do not trust companies on the internet, so why give them a way to use my identity?

I used my old phone # for the 'passport'.

Yup, I'm using Firefox, never anything else! Very Happy

Once again, It's missing the very last file.
I will start to download it again tomorrow morning.
I hate this process.

So, which server did you all download from?
So far I've tried to download twice from FileFront.com, the Single File - Self Extracting Archive.

My computer is actually designed for gaming, so it moves pretty fast, but I don't understand why I'm having an abnormal amount of problems just downloading the damn thing! D:<